Worse Day at the Airport ever

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by MParty7441, Feb 19, 2006.

1. MattMan

MattMan New Member

i still want an ending!!!

2. ACertainShade

ACertainShade Banned

I'll tell my worst airport experience if it helps :D

I was flying from San Francisco to Kingston, Ontario, something I've done a few times. However this time I had 2 layovers, in Chicago and Toronto, something I'm not so used to.

So I just on the SF to Chicago flight, 11 PM, flight is great, we land ahead of schedule and everything. I get my shit and get off and think wow, this is a really nice airport. I head over to the screens to see which terminal my Chicago to Toronto flight is at, and I see it's right next to me, hooray. I ask an attendent at the counter if this is the right terminal just to be sure, to which she responds, yes, this is it :) I'm like yay, I go grab some McDonalds breakfeast and sit down to eat. 6:30 AM comes, and she announces they are boarding, so I head over la de da and when I come in line, I'm told THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT TERMINAL FOR MY FLIGHT. WTF!? You just told me 20 minutes ago it was!

Turns out, my flight is in a completly different terminal on the opposite side of the airport, and they started boarding already! crap! you bitch! I ask her where to go and she leads me off, I'm running, hoping to catch my flight. After 5 minutes of running, I'm like hmm, where is this place, I ask a security guard and he tells me that my terminal is actually where i just was, just a little furthur down.....I run back, reach the end of that terminal. Nothing. I'm pissed, tired and sweaty. I ask another security guard, he tells me that the place i was just at, that is indeed where i should have continued going, there is a staircase I take and it should be right there.

I follow his instructions. He leads me to the Air Lingus terminals.

I'm ready to flip. There are no maps, my flight has been boarding for 15 minutes and I can hear them over the intercom telling my flight is in final boarding and I need to board now. I get a janitor to radio them and ask them to wait 5 minutes, I would be there, they say ok but thats all we can wait. The Janitor tells me that the spot I wanna go is on a completly different area of the airport, and that I can either run the hallway or take the bus. The bus, while faster, had just left and wouldn't be back for another 10 mins. Fuck.

I start running as fast as I can AND A SECURITY GUARD STOPS ME. WHAT THE HELL. He's like, why are you running, where is your flight be careful, yadda yadda yadda. As I'm running away I call him a dick and feel better about myself.

I FINALLY reach the RIGHT god damn terminal! Yay! WRONG.
    I'm like, I'm Brad, I've been running all over the airport for the last 30 minutes because I've been told I was at the right terminal when I wasn't, was told the right one was in 5 different places and I finally found this one, please please please let me on. Sorry, doors been closed. I beg her to reopen it, I even offered her like 50 bucks lol She says sorry cant, but I can rebook you on a later flight. Which means I will have to miss my next connecting flight in Toronto. /wrist

I get booked to a later flight, walk TO THE AREA I WAS AT TO BEGIN WITH and just fall in a chair. I have 2 hours to kill, time to nap. I fall asleep for about...5 minutes, before they announce they have moved the flight to Terminal B, which of course, requires a 20 minute walk, buses are out of service. I make it over, finally, and headto the can and puke my McDonalds up (McGriddles taste just as good going up as down). We board and I finnaly get on my way to Toronto, after the worst Airport experience of my life.

Stay away from O'Haire, if you know whats good for you.

Side note, in Toronto I had to goto a security area and spent 30 minutes getting my bags, which were never removed and thus deemed a security threat. Yay.

3. MattMan

MattMan New Member

ugh, O'Haire. ive had problems there too. like insanely long lines for check in that cause me to miss my flight to baltimore. and having to be on standby about 7 different times

4. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

That sucks, I remember my worst was a connection flight from NY to LV then to San Fran. AT LV, my first time taking a connection me and my dad think we have to check in again, we pass security, then try and go back they wouldnt let us through. We had to go get some sort of pass, by the time we get there we have to go through extensive security and of course the flight is gone. They give us a later flight, my dad and sisters are getting lunch, they tell me the plane is leaving now(early). I tell them to wait 2 minutes my dad is getting lunch and he'll be there in a sec.

She gives me the we cant wait, so I beg her, plead with her and everything. Finally she says Im shutting the doors, but then my dad and sisters came flying in and they let us through. On to San Fran but by then I was dead tired, it was 10:30 there, 1:30 NY time and I had a long day.

Anyways youir trip was worse but I have heard nothing but bad things about O'Hare, I hear they need a new airport.

5. ACertainShade

ACertainShade Banned

The Airport itself looked nice, it's just that everone working in it was a complete dotard except the Jamaican Janitor.

6. BIG COUNTRY

Least likely to know something and hes better than everyone else...go figure.

7. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

I have a Mexican Passport... that's all I have to say.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This thread actually seems to get better with age. Now if we could only convince Petrozza to delete Mparty's contributions to it.

9. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

why? because its the best part of the thread?

10. BIG COUNTRY

Dude Ive been skimming through your posts, what happened?

Its not like you were coming out of the closet just come out with the story and thats it.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I've read Lysol cans that were more entertaining.

12. MParty7441

yeah, but I dont smell.

13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

^That's because we sprayed you with Lysol.

14. Tight

Tight Active Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

15. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

this is the "worse" thread ever.....worse dude?

16. 1028

1028 Active Member

:lol: :rofl: :lol:

I love this thread

17. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Boy I'm really glad this thread was bumped. I needed the entertainment this morning..

18. MParty7441

I'm glad I could help out

19. Canadian

Canadian New Member

I just read 5 boring pages and I still want an answer god darnit:smile:

20. SydneyDon

SydneyDon 2008/2009 TGG The Green Card "International Poster

The Lazarus thead