Worse Day at the Airport ever

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by MParty7441, Feb 19, 2006.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I was Mia for many years too, mainly after I moved to SC. Lots happened during that time too, I think Junc is gone. The bs forum was quite the place 03-08ish. Lots of names I haven’t seen back since I started again.

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I'm still bummed I never got to meet Pats Hater... that guy was great

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  3. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Junc was perma banned, think the powers that be got tired off his constant, "i am always right and everyone else is always wrong" attitude

4. typeOnegative13NY

Same here, I didn’t get to meet him either

Barry the Baptist likes this.
  5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I heard Rich Miano sleeps with the fishes like Luca Brasi. :eek:

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  6. jetophile

I met him and his wife once, who was very pregnant at the time. I was coming off a horrific migraine. I was exhausted, and I still had remnants of it and wasn't feeling well at all. We were introduced by Royal in the parking lot, ran into 17A, chit-chatted very briefly on the walk in. I yelled out to him and his wife on the escalator to have a great time. I don't think he heard me (?), but I heard through the grapevine when I was on a years long hiatus from the board that he came on here and called me a stuck up fucking bitch and that I was a total bitch to him and his wife. Even though I wasn't particularly talkative that was way, way off. What can you do. RIP.

EDIT: Autocorrect.

#286 jetophile, Apr 16, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
  7. jetophile

The guy never bothered me personally but I could totally see why others ran out of rope. He could argue with himself in an empty room that's for sure. I've told this story before but one time he decided to parse to absurdity about something I said. I was at the Jets game where OJ Simpson broke the rushing record (I got frostbite on my feet at that game, thanks).

It was freezing cold and by halftime the floodlights were on. I made the "mistake" - if that even qualifies - of saying it was a night game - in a way, I guess? I got the 3rd degree that went on and on that it's not a "night game" if the game doesn't start at such and such time blah blah blah. He wouldn't let it go.

It was a 4 o'clock game in the middle of the Winter, dude. It was dark, the lights were on at Shea, and at some point during that game, it qualified as being fucking night time. I was 8 years old, and he was seriously arguing on and on that it wasn't a matter of semantics. Uh, I never said that it was? I even said in the post that it was a 4 o'clock game, lol.

8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Well in a thread about the best sport to watch in person, he used tv ratings to try and push his belief that basketball was a better sport to watch in person.

He was always right and always the victim, in his eyes that is.

9. jetophile

I must respond.

10. Barry the Baptist

I know someone who took a date to that game ...he said she froze and he never went on another date with her. Only the Jets ....

11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Probably the most miserable weather without sub zero temperatures ever for the Jets. Definitely the worst game I ever went to, even before the team came out flat and let Simpson frolic. The pictures make it look like a snowy field but it was a combination of rain, snow and, mostly, sleet that day. When it was over we finally got to my friends car and he broke the key off in the ignition. It was a long cold night too.

Acad23 likes this.
  12. Barry the Baptist

Yeah no automatic starts in those days, fortunately for me a little before my time but I can remember sitting in some awful cold weather days as a kid in the Walton and Coslet days. I think it was a Colts game that ended 6-3 on year in a pouring rain storm but that cold rain. Just awful

13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

He was the biggest UNC fanatic despite never setting foot in Chapel Hill. . You could figuratively throw the crazed dog a bone by coming up with some not-so-polite UNC swipe and he'd take the bait and go off the rails. . The Sanchize: the guy would go to the wall for Mark Sanchez to the point there was this one time where nyjunc in response to someone here pointing out Sanchez's current 27th ranking outdid himself by insisting the Sanchize was "27th ranked but top 10 quality."

One of a kind. . Overall an ok knucklehead.

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I wasn't at the OJ game... but from tape I've seen there's no way the Jets should be considered patsies.

There was lots of holding by the Electric Company and the refs were turning a blind eye... OJ was gonna get the record no matter what team he faced. Hell... the Pats gave up 219 yds. the week before and 250 yds. in week one.

It was Weeb's last game... :(

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Someone put the entire Jets radio broadcast of that game on Youtube.

16. typeOnegative13NY

The Namath/kolber game was pretty damn cold if I remember correctly. I think it was 6 degrees? We got our asses kicked by the pats so there was nothing to cheer about, which made it worse.

17. jetophile

Weak alibi (says some homicide detective). o_O

18. jetophile

"I couldn't care lesssss about the Jets . . " Ya gotta admit that was the cherry on top of the whole debacle seeing as Namath was just named team ambassador. I swear to God, you can't make it up. Sometimes as a Jets fan you stare at your hands, raise your eyes to the sky and yell, "Why? WHY?! I just wanna know WHYYYY!" Sometimes it gets shortened to plain old why when I'm really tired.

19. jetophile

Haha, no way am I subjecting myself to that. Jets fans started cheering for OJ at one point. My Daddy was waving his Cuban cigar around, looking from seat to seat with a look on his face like somebody just rear ended our brown paneled Ford station wagon. Shea was a sick gig.

20. jetophile

At least you had one of those hot pretzels that were soggy on one side, hard as a rock on the other, and tasted like lighter
    fluid to see you through. Those guys used to sell them out of King Kullen shopping carts. They would have charcoal burning in tin foil in the front part and a big bag of frozen ones in the big part. Nothing like it after your team got their ass kicked. Sometimes I drowned my sorrows in a knish.