Worse Day at the Airport ever

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by MParty7441, Feb 19, 2006.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

My recent worse day at the airport, San Juan airport charges $12 for a 10 oz draft beer. I felt violated.

CBG likes this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

My dumb ass me airport story.
    I was flying out of Stewart, Newburgh heading to Jacksonville while in the navy. Flying on a Sunday , layover in philly. Same airplane just an 1 1/2 hr layover for what ever reason. So they tell me I can deboard and hangout in the airport for the time. It’s 1pm I find a bar, football game starting, Eagles and someone, order some wings and a beer. Ended up being s good game and I ordered a few more beers and finish the game and completely forget that i should have been on a flight an hour and a half ago. So I go the gate the rep says she pages me but I never heard it. No problems , they put me on the next flight leaving at 7 . I tell her listen, I am going to be right over there in the bar watching football send some to get me at boarding, which they did.

#262 FJF, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    dawinner127 and CBG like this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I took a 14 hour flight from Seoul to LAX in a section filled with hungover businessmen that smelled like they had bathed in kimchi juice right before they boarded.

The guy behind me made 4 trips to the bathroom to puke his guts out, so his breath gave the overall scent some unwelcome variety.

Barry the Baptist likes this.
  4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Did this thread really have two separate ban waves, 4 years apart, associated with it?

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

7. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

One word to describe this thread. Hoodwinked!
    The amount of people needing/waiting for the ending is the best part.

My worst airport story:
    My family and I were flying from PHX to the UK with one lay over in Calgary. We drove from Tucson to Phoenix boarded the plane with no issues and flew to Calgary.
    We arrive in Calgary and we have to pick up our bags, go through customs and check our bags again.

As we are checking our bags in Calgary security sends us, a family traveling with a three-year-old and an eight month old into a customs screening area for extra screening. At this point we have 25 minutes to catch our flight. We stayed in that room for what seemed like an eternity. My wife and I were really in a panic at this point because customs officials we’re taking so long to check people. Finally a customs officer comes over checks are boarding passes and sent us on our way.

We get to the place to check our bags and car seats and the lady informs us that we have to go to the floor above the check our over sized items. My heart sank and I tell the lady we have 15 minutes to catch our flight. To her credit she checked our car seats and bags right there. We think we’re in the clear then we see the security line. The thing stretched forever we thought for sure we are missing our flight.

A nice airport worker informed us that we can go to what they called Nexus which is a family security line. We get to the front of the line and there’s two people in front of us and as we’re going through security West Jet sent a rep to meet us on the other side of security to inform us they were holding the plane. Happy ending after the most stressful 1.5 hours I have ever had at an airport.

THE END

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Ive read this thread a few times and it's great everytime.

Baumeister likes this.
  9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Let's bump this thread again.

10. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Hard to imagine I could knock off a liquor store, mildly wound the clerk, serve a 15 year sentence, father four children by my prison bride, get my GED, divorce my prison bride, change my gender and name to SundayJill, and then log in and STILL see this thread at the top of the Forum.

Such a rich, full life - but freaky.

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

The best part is I bought tickets from the kid who started this thread and sat with him for a half many many many years ago

Brook! likes this.
  12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Worse day at the stadium ever

Barry the Baptist likes this.
  13. abyzmul

Getting a feel for the stadium.

Barry the Baptist and Dierking like this.
  14. Barry the Baptist

It was a Bears game the year Rex Grossman took them the the SB, Jets lost like 10-3 or something like it

15. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Haha, is that thread still around somewhere?

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

This thread is finally starting to deliver.

17. abyzmul

It is not, I found a link to it in this thread but it was broken.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  18. Barry the Baptist

Shit ... I remember that

"Getting a feel for the City" or something like that

There have been some classic characters that posted here... whatever happened to the Burn in Hell Woody guy? I mean a bit harsh for a football owner unless Champ had a premonition that one day Woody would work for the Trump administration

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

That guy was Australian, I think it was Vinny16. BIHW is/was supposedly champ's son.

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/what-pick-burns-you-the-most.93406/page-10#post-3902520

[​IMG]

The avatar had to be seen in all its glory, hahaha. How've you been all these years? o_O I remember that tailgate. nyjunc was there, he broke his thumb playing football in the parking lot. @typeOnegative13NY was there, his daughters were 10, lol. @Royal Tee , a bunch of us Jets fans chumps. Not much has changed, ha.

20. Barry the Baptist

That thread is classic... I've gotta go through it now

I wish I lived closer cause I'd love to go to tailgates with the crew on this board, 17A, @typeOnegative13NY ... Mantana Soss. I think 17 deep fried a turkey or some shit because it was the week before Thanksgiving. I love Royal because he's a degenerate like me lol

I still don't remember why I stopped posting, I got busy with life I guess but it's changed a lot. Where is Junc? Does he still come around? The shitty thing is I know we've got a lot of Vegas fans but we don't even have a bar to watch the games. Sucks

typeOnegative13NY likes this.