Woody's in Trouble

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AtlantaJet, Jul 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Not sure I see the linkage here......could you elaborate on how you draw that conclusion?

2. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

I haven't studied this issue in depth and I haven't examined any hard data. My impression is that if a man is not able to support his family and is barely able to support himself with his income, he may decide that it's best to leave this stressful family situation. He may even believe that his family will be better off without him (e.g., single mothers may have more access to supportive social services than the working poor).

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Poverty yes, racism no. You think a cop would be racist towards jay z? will smith? jlo? beyonce? I'm sure they have gotten away with plenty of shit in their lifetime because of fame, fortune, status etc. has nothing to do with race. I agree poverty is an issue and kids growing up in poverty have a better chance to wind up in jail or stay poor then they do to get out of it. but laws are being made to help people in that situation.

the NAACP as a source is a joke. they have a biased agenda. People with better lawyers tend to get less charges. sadly that's how the justice system works and that needs to be fixed. capitalism has no place in a justice system. but again it's money not race. correlation does not imply causation. The only proof we've seen is that women tend to get off easier for the same crimes compared to men. regardless of race or status.

The system is rigged in a sense (not rigged but just not fair) towards the rich and against the poor. but nothing in the system is rigged towards race. but that is kind of how capitalism works. There are just some areas capitalism shouldn't take effect like the legal system.

jonnyd likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

I can understand that theory and there may be cases like that but again it comes from bad decisions. Don't have kids if you can't afford them.

5. GasedAndConfused

Of course social networks matter but that is not systematic racism. perfect example. my ex wife is asian. she started an entry level job many years ago. worked there for like 10+years got raises along the way. small promotions to be a lead. she had a friend jump ship (also asian) to another company. that friend convinced her to apply for the new company. she did and levied her salary and exp to get hired and get a raise. her boss is also a friend of her's from an old company (also asian) he takes good care of her financially and flexibility. she has it pretty good right now. that's networking. I can tell you she is overpaid and unqualified and rips the company off timewise but her boss allows it. there is likely a more qualified person out there possibly white possibly black but it is what it is. that's not racism. she grew up poor, made friends, got lucky and has a good job now. luck does play a factor as does networking but it has nothing to do with race. her previous boss at the old company was black. he hired his son for way more money then he's worth (also black) they both make a good living. the company is majority minority workers (of which a majority are asian).

Who you know does matter of course, the point of the story is it has nothing to do with race. I'm a minority. my boss (partial owner of the company) is minority. 90% of our employees are minority. They hire a lot of friends and family. that's still common in small businesses. You realize we had a black president right? if racism and systematic racism were an issue that wouldn't have happened. We also had a female candidate recently (clinton) she lost but not by much. the democratic last 2 candidates were a black man and a white woman. I'm not saying racism doesn't exist here and there. I'm saying it's not systemic. I'll tell you a story I've been hired for every job i've ever interviewed for in my life except one. the person that interviewed me was a white cowboy from texas. he didn't hire me because he said I look too much like a puerto rican from NY and it wouldn't go over well with customers. mind you this was almost 20 years ago but still. nowadays the chances of that happening with the risk of social media, fair hiring laws, and more I would had a huge lawsuit and the company would have been publicly shamed and put on blast and that person likely fired with the owner making some canned statement. The ability of social media has made it really tough to sweep things under the rug like the older days.

as far as the root of parenting problems I think it's complex. if you go back 30-40 years ago someone could be a milk man and on that salary buy a house have a family and have a stay at home wife who didn't need to work and have time to parent. kids got more attention. Kids also had less ways of entertaining themselves so they wanted time with their parents. Now people have 2 working parents extra jobs not enough money barely getting by. stress, exhaustion etc. it's tougher nowadays. the lack of marriage and high divorce rate is an issue too. how many people do you know under 35 that have no divorces and no kids by someone they aren't married to? people don't think about consequences anymore. it's the "ME" generation. I do what makes me happy regardless of the cost. it leads to bad decisions. Of course blacks or any race aren't predisposed to being bad parents. but kids emulate what they see growing up most of the time so it's a bad chain over and over of broken homes and kids with multiple people and parents with no time and money. hell morgan freeman had a whole interview going over this watch this interview it's great

better link

6. GasedAndConfused

another good video

7. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

Thanks for the videos. They are very interesting and challenging, partly because some of the comments in the videos contradict or undermine other comments in the videos (although the clear intent of the producer was to make the point that racism no longer exists). In any case, I think we can all agree that burning and looting your neighborhood is bad, there is more equal opportunity for minorities and women today, etc.

I also find your comments thoughtful, even when I disagree with them. Most of what you say is likely quite true. Let me pick a bone with you, though.

I'm glad we can agree that social networks can play a significant role in who gets hired for good jobs. So my question to you is: what are the factors determining who is part of the social networks that grease the wheels for some people to get good jobs?

For example, you wisely point out that your ex-wife, a bad worker, got hired for her job because she was connected to an Asian social network, and that the big proportion of minority workers in your own company is likely due to many of them being connected in some way to a minority social network.

So which groups have the largest social networks with access to high paying jobs (it can be illuminating to look up median family income by race)? You, correctly I think, point out that wealth plays a very large role in determining the constitution of a social network. My question is, "Isn't it possible that because blacks were systematically excluded from participating in influential social networks for hundreds of years and now still are proportionally under-represented (though they have done some catching up in recent years) necessarily mean that blacks will have smaller, less lucrative social networks?"

Sure there are plenty of exceptions (and the videos made great use of them), but the main trend shows up in overall statistics like median family income. Yes, median family income is influenced by factors such as education. By the way, if a black kid has good grades and wants to go to Yale and a white kid (even with somewhat less good grades) is part of a family that has gone to Yale for generations (and, by the way, makes generous contributions), who do you think is going to get in? Yes, wealth is a large part of the story, but another part of the story is that the rich kid's family had a chance to get in on the ground floor of the network in the 1800's and the black kid's family never had that chance.

NCJetsfan and rammagen like this.
  8. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

that is very naive of you to think that race does not play a role in this. For you to laugh or shrug off any information is not a place to have any conversation start because you think they have a biased agenda. Facts are facts they are not making them up, they are not opinion pieces.I have provided links and sources and you have your opinion fine, then respect mine where I think race has part in all of this. I think you totally ignored or chose to apply your own thought process to ignore some of the links.
    Again there are facts provided there not opinions it is a fact sheet want to disprove there facts fine go ahead
    https://www.naacp.org/criminal-justice-fact-sheet/

Racism whether systematic or by the individual police officers is a factor in allot of placest. but when more minorities are stopped more often the excuse can not be they are poor, versus a white person walking down the same block not getting stopped? Driving down the street, looks, profiling what ever you want to call it that is a form a racism.
    you blame economic reasons and that is part but not all of it.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/black-crime-rates-your-st_b_8078586

dont think race plays an issue in policing ... White guy and then a black guy are both carrying a fire arm in Portland look at the response, both have the same rights.
    https://newsone.com/3116495/white-man-black-man-carry-ar-15-rifles-open-carry-video-experiment/

the funny thing is this article from 2017...you are in the minority in thinking race is not involved at a higher degree then you give it credit. It is partly economic yes but is also the color of your skin that comes into play in allot of the US.
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics...ustrating-how-its-stacked-against-blacks.html
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/11/chokehold-police-black-men-paul-butler-race-america

Do you think it is right I can be stopped and asked for passport or ID simply for the color of my skin in Arizona Because I am Latin? Isn't that racism or at the very least profiling. Mind not breaking a law either, I could have witnessed a crime or they could profile me as well as the law is written it is in the performance of their duties.

Life gives people the experiences on which they base their perception and from what I have experienced race in most of the US dictates how you are treated by the police, how they approach you and handle the situation.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The bold is only an example of what can happen in extremely rich Ivy League institutions. Should it be fixed? Yes, for sure. But that's not some sort of norm across the entire collegiate landscape. It also leaves middle class white, Asian, Hispanic, etc. families at the same disadvantage and furthers his point about this being a class issue.

10. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I miss the opts out have begun thread.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

The video shows viewpoints form lots of people. it's not necessarily meant to be consistent on one point. which is a good thing. it shows we can all have differing opinions on an issue. there is a lot of stats listed as well which is factual not opinion. Nobody is saying racism doesn't exist. Of course racist people still exist. I myself have been hassled by police before several times, I didn't get a job due to race. We see videos online. there is a difference between some people being racist and systematic racism meant to oppress minorities. that is what doesn't exist. People claim that because nobody likes to take fault for their situations and some people can't comprehend how anything could be their fault so they have to blame something and in turn blame "the system" a large majority of people in that video were minorities who came form poverty and are now rich and part of the elite. if systematic racism truly existed that wouldn't be possible.

I never said social networks didn't play a part. of course "who you know" is important. I've seen people form relationships with vendors from working together so much that the vendor winds up getting them a job. It's happened at my job. nothing to do with race but when you talk to a vendor so much you form a relationship with the rep and a job opens and you go how about this person i've worked with them for 5 years they are good at their job, make them an offer. but that happens with time, relationship, and hard work. not race. as far as the case of my ex wife sure race could be a factor as could religion, similar hobbies etc. hell when I first moved from NY to CA and had no friends and started a new job, my boss was also a minority from NY and a jet fan. and we became friends over being from NY, sports, the jets etc. common interest. had nothing to do with race. I didn't get anything special from him as far as treatment goes. I'm still good friends with him 20 years later and he runs one of the FF leagues i'm in. you are way off my original point

Lots of social networks nowadays are built not inherited unless you come from a wealthy family. now we have social media, FB, linkedin, etc. and to answer your question about yale, it's more likely the black student gets in. see the supreme court ruling where white students tried suing ivy league school because their scholarship when to a minority when they were more qualified and the supreme court said it's ok. Schools give priority to minority students these days. and some rich white people who cheated the system with donations are now going to jail (lori laughlin for example) Sure it did happen many years ago, but nowadays times have changed and the system is set up to give minorities a leg up to get ahead. it's not set up to oppress them. again there is a difference between racism and systematic racism meant to keep a race down. 1 exists 1 doesn't. the system now favors minorities. Hell i live in CA you know illegal aliens come here, get sanctuary, and get free health care? meanwhile working people like myself who are legally here and pay taxes have to have our own healthcare and even under obama if we didn't we were basically fined. how is the system again minorities? you've failed to explain that and only off what if's and anecdotal evidence. all the laws i've quoted through this thread have shown the system in itself is not racist.

12. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Racism is wrong. No matter what. Systemic or not. As really the only race that matters should be the human race!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

you realize your 1st sentence is extremely ironic? If you say i'm niave for thinking race doesn't play a role yet you think race doesn't play a role in info put out by the NAACP? their name is literally "National Association for the Advancement of Colored People" their whole existence is to better the lives of "colored people" you think they would put out any information that shows their job is already done?

not only that but the video I posted has facts. listen to the 1 dude who spews off all the muders and who kills who. those are facts. here is why I can't take the link seriously that you sent me

"1,025 people have been shot and killed by police in the past year."

ok how many were black how many white what was the situation in which they were shot? you know there are 330 million people in the US. there are 700k cops. 40% of that 330 million is non white. they are either mixed white or a minority. I agree any death is tragic even 1 but lets say all 1000 cops who shot these people are racist and gunned them down for being black. that's less then .01% of the police force. lets say .01% of americans are racist. that's a very small amount but that counts for 3.3 million racist people in the US. it sounds like a lot but it really isn't in perspective.

"
    • 84% of Black adults say white people are treated better than black people by police; 63% of white adults agree based on 2019 research on police relations.
    • 87% of Black adults say the U.S. criminal justice system is more unjust towards Black people; 61% of white adults agree.
    again this info is useless. asking black people if they feel they are treated worse by police. what people feel isn't always reality.

this chart form your link is probably the best info it's number of people shot to death by the police

2017 2018 2019 2020
    White
    457 399 370 42
    Black 223 209 235 31
    Hispanic 179 148 158 13
    Other 44 36 39 3
    Unknown 84 204 202 13

in from 2017 to 2020 every year more white people were killed by police then black people. where is the white lives matter outrage? the best thing I like about that chart is look how much the numbers have gone down. you don't think things are getting better?

Your links are all anecdotal. again there are 700k police officers. some are good some are bad. they can all react differently. I'm not saying police officers are never racist or unfair. I know they are first hand but it's a small % not the system or the whole force. what needs to happen is better training and better punishment for officers who do things like that. but like any job there are good and bad employees. all you offer is anecdotal and what ifs. all the stats even form your own links prove there is no systematic racism or opression. just some assholes who are racist at times and some people who got treated unfairly over it.

14. GasedAndConfused

you can't stop some random asshole from being racist and a random racist asshole isn't stopping a whole race from progressing. I don't think anyone here thinks racism is ok. i don't think it is but there is a huge difference in a few racist asshole then there is in a system that is racist and opressive. that's what the discussion is. we all know racism is wrong. so is stealing, killing, cheating, rioting, looting, etc but people still do it. you can't stop people from doing the wrong thing. which is why we need police in the 1st place. people are our own worse enemies. we just need to do better as humans period

15. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I'm getting the distinction you're making between "racism" and "systemic racism." I take it that you believe because racism is no longer built overtly into the legal and other governmental systems, there is no "systemic racism." I guess I just have a different definition of "systemic racism." I take it to mean racism that is built into the social system, overtly or covertly. So my attempt to illustrate the ongoing influence of racism on our social system (once overtly built into the legal and other systems, now not) is exemplified by my comments on how the structure of social networks (the largest/most wealthy being white) results in people of color being disadvantaged today. The law may not say you can't get a job, but your ancestors never had the chance to participate in the ground floor of large, influential social networks and this affects you today. The overt racism of the past is baked covertly into the racism of today.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

racism is anyone disliking or treating anyone poorly based on their race. that still exists on a small scale
    systemic racism is laws meant to oppress races. like for example in the older days black people couldn't own land. women couldn't vote. black people had to use separate bathrooms and sit on the back of the bus. that is systematic racism. a system via laws and such that is meant to opress people's right for freedom, liberty, pursuit of happiness and ability to advance in life. saudi arbia for example has systematic oppression of women. they can't travel alone, they can't wear clothes that show off their beauty, women are forbid form having too much interaction with men they aren't related to and even parks and transportation are separated. they can't try on clothes while shopping or compete in sports. that is systematic oppression of women.

you are correct in saying that I believe racism is no longer built into the legal or government systems. but that is also factual. there are 0 laws in which oppress anyone and on the flip side most laws now favor minorities. as far as social networking goes, the government can't touch it because then it becomes taking away human rights and freedoms. for example lets say you are a minority. you go to a party and notice it's 99% white. you spot another minority and strike up a conversation. you 2 bond over cultural similarities. he says hey my company is hiring you looking for a job. you say yeah so he talks to his boss and gets you hired. sure that happens you can't stop that from happening or you are infringing on basic human rights. that's not systematic racism. that's networking and sure race may play a part. same way race plays a part in college applicants where minorities get an advantage. say 2 students one black one white both apply for a scholarship. they are similar. the white person has a little edge across the board. the school gives it to the slightly less deserving black person because they are black. that is 100% legal. that is why systematic racism doesn't not exist. the system favors minorities now.

your point is whites historically are "higher up" on the food change form the past through family and hence even now those people give more opportunities to their network which is likely also mostly white. I get it, I'm not saying you are wrong. i'm sure it happens and has some truth to it. the it's not what you know but who you know is very true. but that isn't racism. Because of that sure it's harder for minorities. they don't have a head start. but the laws favor them now to even the field and no laws stop them from working their way up. As i have and seems like you have. I'm a minority who came from a single parent home and poverty. and now I'm an average working class person. If the system was against minorities I would not be.

17. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

I think we have different definitions of racism. I'm just going to copy and paste a comment I made in a July 22 post: What many people don't seem to understand is that there is a difference between prejudice and racism. Just about everybody is prejudiced against something/someone. Racial prejudice becomes racism when it is backed up by pervasive and sustained institutional authority. So that, for example, racism against black people (backed up by Three-Fifths Compromise in the US Constitution, the many Jim Crow laws, police brutality, etc.) has been around since the slaves were first brought to America in the 17th century. Little attempts to address the historically and pervasively tilted playing field against blacks, such as affirmative action, didn't really even out the playing field much. Whether we like to admit it or not, we white people have had more privileges than black people for more than 300 years. And to say that racism is all gone in 2020 is patently nonsense. For example, one legacy of 200 years of slavery was splitting up families for sale, so that a father/husband was sold away from his wife/children. The momentum of these 200 years still appears today in the relative instability of black families.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

It's possible we could be looking at 2 different things but you act like blacks were the only oppressed group in history. I'm not saying america is perfect but look at what china does to their people. Look at what has happened to the jews with being slaves in egypt and then the holocaust. every group has been oppressed at some point. even look at saudi arabia and their laws against womens rights. We all know this shit is wrong and in america the laws that oppress people are gone and on top of that they added laws to give better chances to people who have a worse chance due to history. i'm not saying it's all fair but life isn't fair for everyone. we all know american laws were extremly opressive towards minorities. so much so that a group revolted and a civil war happened to end slavery. but we can't change the past and screwing over someone now because of something that happened 500 years ago is asinine. people use history as an excuse. I'm not saying it's not tougher for minorites to overcome poverty. I'm not saying there aren't more minorities in poverty. I know both those things are true. what i'm saying is the laws are now equal and even favorable to minorities but they have to be taught to take the opportunity and work harder to get ahead. nobody is teaching them that. Did you not hear denzel talk about the lil yummys in the video? that is some sad shit. it's culture. lots of the older black people who been around have been saying it but the young people and others like yourself don't listen they want to blame the system. there is nothing stopping black people from learning a trade and making a living or becoming the next start millionaire athlete or actor or musician. everyone has a shot to make somehting of themselves but in the inner cities they are being taught form a young age it's a life of crime or a life of poverty and most choose crime. there are other ways out.

19. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

Math challenged? What percentage doe the white population account for versus black or another majority?By numbers they should be higher and then by percentage they should be higher too but they are not are they? that is what the number shows and again you choose to ignore other facts like the diversion programs or the the fact if you are a minority you are more then likely to be arrested versus a white person. Those are numbers you are ignoring or blaming a few bad eggs, I am done with the conversation. Yes I know what the NAACP stands for do you? It almost seems like you are a conservative that wants the numbers to fit into a figure that suits their version of the US not the actual version people live in. Your argument is one conservatives use to back a view they want not the view in reality

If what your saying is true then the percentages not pure numbers would back up what you say but it does not it has not in the US I have lived in the last 53 yrs. The Majority of the population should equal the majority of arrests, and stops and deaths.

I have been profiled a few times but according to you those were bad cops? I was not breaking any laws. It is systematic not a few bad cops but a flawed system. A system that arrests minorities at a higher level versus the majority
    your argument is flawed by the numbers because if everything is equal like you are trying to claim it is closer to being
    Look at the percentages below if everything is equal blacks would not be 2.4 times more likely to be killed by the police then anyone else.

Problem 1: The US population

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the recorded US population in 2019 was 328.2 million and they’ve also stated that white people make up 60.4% while African Americans represent only 13.4%. Here’s the problem…

You can make the case that African Americans would be leading in police deaths if their population size is half of White Americans. The 2019 stats would look like this:

• White Americans killed by police shooting: 370 (60.4% of US population)
    • Black Americans killed by police shooting: 530 (30.2% of US population)
    Another statistical response is the percentage of races killed by police shootings based on their population size — the average deaths by police shooting from 2017–2020 divided by the race population size shows a higher percentage for black people. Here’s the results:

White Americans

• Population: 198,232,800
    • Avg. killed by police: 349.5
    • Percentage: 0.00017631%
    Black Americans

• Population: 43,978,800
    • Avg. killed by police: 188.75
    • Percentage: 0.00042918%
    Based on this, African Americans are 2.4x more likely to be killed by police than their white brothers and sisters.

Problem 2: It doesn’t make the police right
    White people being killed more by police isn’t going to stop police brutality with blacks or any other race. Black Americans bring awareness about police injustice to white people only because most US police officers are white. There’s expectation for white people to clean house and support the message as it increases the chances of effective change taking place.

Problem 3: There’s a difference between ‘killing by shooting’ and unjust murder
    The police have the right to neutralize an ‘armed’ threat with a firearm, regardless of race. The issue is that visual evidence rarely shows this scenario with black Americans.

The statistics of police killing by shooting counts the justified and unjustified acts. This is why the stats are a deceiving rebuttal to the black lives matter outrage — it doesn’t even count the police killings without firearms (such as choking).

More accurate statistical representations of the unjust done by the US police to black people would be found in researching:

• The number of “unarmed” people killed by police shooting
    • The number of “unarmed” people killed by police
    • The number of people choked to death by police
    So far, one study on deaths via lethal force by law enforcement revealed that white people were the majority victims (52%) and blacks made up 32%, yet black people had a 2.8 times fatality rate higher than whites. The study also noted that blacks were more likely to be unarmed compared to other races.

There’s another rebuttal…
    ‘Black People kill each other more than the police kill them’
    It has been backed up by stats, and just like the police killing more whites than blacks argument, there are countering statistics and arguments to cancel those stats. Here are some of them:

The black unemployment rate —The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics revealed that black people are the most educated group in America. This adds weight to the idea that black people are discriminated against in the professional world and it definitely ends the “they need an education” argument. Ultimately, it puts black Americans in a survival-based reality and this inflates the crime rate in their communities.

#359 rammagen, Aug 2, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/PST045219

that is the census. now the way it's listed is what makes it tricky because so many mixed people and how they report. They list white /non hispanic at 60%. that means 40% is white mixed, hispanic, black, etc. only 2.8% list "2 or more races" when we know that is wrong and they probably report themselves differently. Honestly the race part is really tough. but the best we can gather is the US is 60% white and 40% mixed or non white.

also you can drop the politics, i'm not dem or rep, i'm not liberal or conservative. I don't even vote. I don't think any side is "right" they both have some good point and bad points. I'm a neutral person when it comes to that. but just so u know when someone starts saying stuff like that I typically tune them out because it shows you are too biased to have a normal conversation and right away go to the ad-hominmem attacks so hopefully you prove me wrong and leave politics out of this going foward

It's not what i'm saying it's literally your source you posted. we also don't care about 53 years ago. we are talking about the US today and recent history as in the past few years. we all know shit was fucked up and racist 50 years ago. nobody is debating that. and no a majority of people doesn't mean they should be a majority of deaths and arrests and etc. you are being short sighted. That would only apply is no other variables existed. the problem is other variables such as environment, class etc. someone regardless of race is more likely to commit a crime if poor or if they live in a bad neighborhood, or come from a single parent home. The problem is those 3 factors tend to happen more to minorities. Your own source said police have killed more white people then black people every year for the past 4 years. now you write it of because there are more whites so it should be that way? that's an awful stance to have. Just like whites are more likely to do meth and be arrested for meth related crimes. Even look at the crime list by race of upper class people. whites are more likely to commit white collar crimes such as embezzlement, tax evasion, fraud etc while minorities are more likely to commit violent crimes. Most of it has to do with upbringing. cops aren't arresting 7 year olds. kids are blank slates. if they grow up raised by the streets what do you think they do when they get older? your own source prove your numbers are wrong. more whites die by cops then blacks. also blacks are more likely to be killed by another black then a white person. also whites are more likely to be killed by a white person as well. however black people murder white people 3 times more then white people murder black people. of course you'll ignore those facts because they don't fit your narrative. nothing in the numbers show black people are being killed by white people due to racism.

again no. 1st off the percentages are so small it's basically statistically irrelevant. 2ndly more whites are killed by cops then blacks. you can't say it should be that way because there are more of them. you are so fixated on race you refuse to see any other variable

I never once said the police were right so whats your point? nobody should be killing anybody period. And no black americans have a bigger issue. you realize a lot of black murders go unsolved becuase they refuse to cooperate with police or be a snitch? they willingly let killers who kill off blacks stay out of prison so they don't lose their "rep" or help the "enemy (police)" that is an issue.

it doesn't counter my point at all. all it does is prove what i'm saying. it's not race. it's class and upbringing/environment. a poor uneducated person is much more likely to be arrested or commit a crime then a middle class person who came from a stable home. you can be smart and educated but still do illegal and dumb shit because you don't see it as wrong. take mike vick for example. he was doing something illegal he had plenty of money and education. he just didn't see it as wrong. it's what he grew up with. you think people are born wanting to fight dogs? hell no. but he went to jail lost a ton of money and years off his career but he learned his lesson. his family and upbringing failed him there. had he been taught it was wrong to fight dogs that would have never happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.