~ ~ ~ WOODY might KILL stadium deal ~ ~ ~

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kelly, Mar 11, 2006.

1. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

The final exact $ amount was $60.2 million..not $600 million.

Be careful where you place your decimal points.

2. deathstar7

deathstar7 Banned

makes sense to me. plus football was meant to be played on GRASS and WITH NO FUCKING ROOF.

btw we were 4-0 in december last year.

no more december curse for us!

3. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

4. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Is there anyone left with the Jets that was around then? Besides, if the stadium were built dual-purpose from the start, it wouldn't be up to the Mets to lock out the Jets.

Not to mention, a stadium back in NY for football use would get us the Super Bowl this city so rightly deserves. But this would be the last chance. It would have to get approved before Tags decided to quit for good. He is the one who really wants to see a SB in NY.

Pretty sad we have the league office in Manhattan, and the closest team involves crossing water to watch.

5. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

6. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I'm not endorsing him. I just think, from what I have seen, he was the best govenor the state had in my lifetime. Yeah, he was crooked, show me a politician that isn't. Not that I care, my govenor can't seem to get out of the hospital. :wink:

7. Gator

Gator Active Member

I think last season the Jets were 1-3 in December, and 0-1 in January (1'st).....but you were close. 1-3...4-0, just a couple off. :)

8. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

The best governor you saw was a gay, security-risk crook?

Boy, do you have low standards :)

9. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Uh, deathstar 7 is a Dolphin fan.

10. Gator

Gator Active Member

Ahhhhhhhhhh.........Never mind!

Bring the Jets home to NY!!!

11. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Yes, Detroit got a SB with a roof. It is a major city. I couldn't necessarily say why Minny did.

As for Jersey being a suburb of Manhattan, that is only by people who live on the wrong side of the Hudson. New Yorkers don't view Jersey as a suburb.

BTW: Manhattan holds the league office. That's pretty much Super Bowl central don't you think? Is there any wonder why the draft is held in NY, not in say, Florida where it's warm that time of year?

12. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Hahaha, I voted for Bloomberg and Giuliani too! :breakdance:

13. Buttle

Buttle New Member

People have long memories and when trust is lost it is not easily gotten back. I am a Mets fan but when I put on my Jets hat the Mets become Satan to me. If the Mets would be willing to not play any August, September or October home games for the next 15-20 years I would more than willing to share a stadium with them.

While you are right there is no reason to not do a deal that would make sense to both teams I don't see it happening and I don't see the Mets doing it. Why should they do it. They are already getting their own stadium. The only way I could see them doing it is if the Jets are their tenants and willing to grovel at their feet for table scraps once again. That never will happen. The Jets will play their home games in Haiti before that happens. NY is a baseball town first and I doubt its baseball teams will ever be willing to share. Most likely its a football stadium only or NJ.

14. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

First, in the interest of full disclosure let me state that I live in NJ, am happy the Jets are coming here, including the practice facility and voted for Corzine. With that being said I hope Woody and the Mara's shove his addendums up his ass. You can't screw with a signed deal and if you want a f'n roof, pay for it. Typical NJ BS politics. If it is going to be so advantagious to the state, pony up or shut up.

15. Gator

Gator Active Member

You're not following. When they have a Super Bowl there are very strict rules as to the host city or area. One of them deals with Super Bowl Headquarters. They need a place where all the media can set up for the week. ESPN, and all the local and international outlets set up their own media booths and studios areas where they broadcast from. That area would be in Manhattan for the two weeks prior to the Super Bowl, if they were smart. Probably Javits. I'm not sure what your point about the league office being in NY has to do with it. The anchor doesn't say, lets go to to the league office on Park Avenue for a Super Bowl preview, they throw it to the site set up for the Super Bowl.

16. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Ahh, gotcha. There are places in Flushing Meadow alone that could fill that need. The Hall of Science. The Arthur Ashe Stadium (which is only used for the US Open, what a waste of tax dollars.) I've never been in Tavern on the Green, but I guess it could be an option too.

Then, like you said, there is the Javits Center. We all know MSG will never hold another NFL event!

I know there is a .001% chance of the NJ deal falling through, and the Jets coming home. It's nice to dream though. Hell, if I have to dream of a Super Bowl appearance, why can't I dream about this?

17. JETTS216

JETTS216 New Member

this is corzines way of objecting to the stadium altogether--sabotage it rather than actually say he is more concerned about the health and lives of the swamp rats (he would likely require an environmental impact study that alone would give him an excuse to raise taxes, delay the actual building at least three more years) than to have a first rate facility here. I dont know whether thora (cor)zine is a Jets or giants fan.

18. JETTS216

JETTS216 New Member

Voted For Corzine?

you sound like you voted wrong. I do not trust liberals.

19. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

Most sense I've seen in this thread.

20. Justwinit

Justwinit Active Member

I read somewhere that John Corzine is related to Sheldon Silver. Did anyone else read that?