Woody Johnson is being played...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by VegasMav, Mar 14, 2023.

1. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I'm on the Jackson bandwagon as well. This is who I want.

The Jets aren't the Ravens and we have discernibly more talent at the skill positions! (wow, had to stop there for a second...when was the last time we Jets fans could say something like THAT!?!) lol

Jackson wouldn't be asked to be 100% of the offense. He wouldn't need to run nearly as much which would reduce his risk of injury and add to his "shelf life." Jackson could helm the Jets for the next decade. If we get Rodgers we get 1, maybe 2 years, to put a Lombardi trophy on the mantel. Of course, Buffalo, Cincinnati and Kansas City have something to say about that. Not to mention the 49'ers, Eagles et. al. Just because we would get Rodgers doesn't make it a lock. With Jackson we get a far larger window AND our O-Line isn't nearly the glaring issue that it is with Rodgers behind center.

westiedog1 likes this.
  2. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

I do not believe Lamar Jackson is a good QB. He is talented running the football at the QB position but his decision making and arm is bottom tier. I really do believe we will look back in 5 years time and see that Lamar Jackson is either out of the league or a backup somewhere.

3. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

He wants the Watson contract. Are you doing that on top of 2 firsts?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Definitely not and, from what I read, that's not it either. I get the sense that he wants the years. The last guarantee he got was 3 years at $133 mil. My guess is if a team comes in at 5 or 6 years $200 mill--ish you gain more headway. I feel he wants in the $40 - 50 range/per but with the length. You can structure it so that the last 2 years, say of a 6 year contract, can be wiped clean. Hard to say though.

westiedog1 likes this.