Woody Johnson is being played...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by VegasMav, Mar 14, 2023.

1. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

2. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Yes, but as a 4 time MVP, he looks at them as equals. If he didn't think he could beat them, he would not be playing. The level of confidence these guys have in their abilities are otherworldly. Think of one thing you are truly great at doing. Not something you're good at, but the one thing in your life you can hang your hat on as knowing you are goddamn great at (I get that this is an internet forum and some on here are bottom dwellers in life and may not be good at anything, but stick with me here.)
    Aaron Rogers is better at playing quarterback than you will ever be at that thing you are great at. Not only that, he has made hundreds of millions of dollars doing it, and has beat and outplayed people on that list more than once. So, without a shadow of a doubt - he thinks he can beat them again.

3. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

No doubt he is a slam dunk HOF. But at 40 is he better than Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, Lawrence given they are all in or going in their primes. Brady was a freak who played well into his mid 40's. Look at Manning he started his decline his 2nd to last year and then completely lost it his final year. I know the Broncos had a great D that year, but it was amazing they were able to win a Super Bowl given how bad Manning was. IMHO the Jets have a two-year window to do something with Rodgers. After that they will be looking for a QB again.

westiedog1 likes this.
  4. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Packers weren't trading him to the NFC. Come on. It was AFC or nothing.

6. bicketybam

I dunno. Some people were claiming he was playing GM or making demands....

7. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Whew. Glad that got cleared up.

But this guy I work with told me that Aaron won't sign his contract until Marcedes Lewis gets a deal.

I don't know who to believe?

8. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

I would believe the guy you work with over most of the crap we have heard so far. He’s doing what everyone is doing atp

Lon Chaney likes this.
  9. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Hey wait a minute!

I'm really good at reading and writing, and I'm not so bad with the Maths.

I've made literally hundreds of thousands of dollars over the last several decades by exploiting these skills!!

Jets-N-Terps likes this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yes..but the crapola of Jets QBs we have seen over the last 5 years cant hold a candle next to a "just OK" AR Season. He is on another level far removed from a Mike White performance lol

No Risk..No Reward

So whats the answer Greg?? Keep doing what we do and let Rogers go? ROFL

11. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Homeopathic Aaron playing Big Pharma Woody? It seems like they're both playing, but certainly not each other.

12. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Yes, all these other teams got more for starting QBs like the Lions/Stafford.

But there were MULTIPLE bidders for those QBs. The Jets are the ONLY bidder for Rodgers.

#3 pick, no higher.

13. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I would have preferred they signed Carr. Rodgers is obviously a better QB then Carr and is a guaranteed HOF. But Carr is also a good QB. Carr is 31 and we could have signed him to a 4 or 5-year deal. Last year Carr threw for 3,522 yards with 24 TD's and 14 INT's which is also a lot better than what the Jets got from their QB's in 2022. Carr wouldn't have cost draft picks. Schefter is reporting that GB is looking to get two #1 picks from the Jets for Rodgers. That is a steep price to pay for a 40-year-old who will probably only be here 2 years tops.

Ralebird and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

No question Rodgers will make the Jets winners, but can he win a Super Bowl in the playing window he has? My gut says no. Therefore, I'd rather the Jets make an offer to a guy who can, Lamar Jackson. Yes, I know he will cost a fortune. However, if the Cleveland Browns can make an offer of that size to Watson, why can't the Jets, with Woody's money, make a similar contract offer to Jackson. Yes, it was a ridiculous offer but it was done, and now that sets the standard like it or not. To me, the upside of Jackson is much greater than a 39 y.o., albeit HOFer, whose numbers are declining. If Rodgers misses out on a SB in his 2 year window, it's back to SOJ. If Jackson misses, he'll still have many years left to try. If Jackson performs at the level he's capable of, the Jets won't miss the 2 1st rounders he'll cost. As for the size of the contract, being in the NY media/financial capital, a winning Jets team over the life of Jackson's contract can recoup a lot of the cost in ticket, licensing, TV and other revenue sources.

15. bicketybam

Does Woody have a chemistry lab in his basement? I'm trying to figure out the connection.

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Probably went like this: Joe Douglas tells Aaron he needs a two year commitment (at least). Joe won't do this for a one-and-done deal. So Aaron thinks about it, and says 'OK...If I have to commit to 2 years, then I want some of my guys'.

17. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I don’t think finding things to cunt about is a marketable talent.

18. bicketybam

My hope is because they aren't complete idiots. And I'm not sure the Cleveland Browns is the organization you want to point to and say, "Hey they did it so why not us?"

19. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

You miss my point. Whether you like it or not, that's what QB's are going to measure their worth with going forward. If you want to pay less, fine, but don't expect the superior results.