Woody Johnson is being played...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by VegasMav, Mar 14, 2023.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Cobb coming in and replacing Berrios as WR4/5 and PR is an upgrade, I don't get why people are freaking out over this "list". Lazard is already better than Davis and Cobb is an upgrade over Berrios. What's the issue? Do people really want to keep watching Berrios go backwards inside the 10 yard line and fair catching them?

Brook!, chandler, KingRoach and 2 others like this.
  2. dawinner127

3. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t blame Wilson for this one, Jets took a gamble and they failed, the Darnold trade up package hurt Jets more than the Wilson selection.

Woody wanting his golden ticket is reason Jets are in this situation, a journeyman QB like Carr would have been fine and would have allowed JD to continue to draft quality players until Jets drafted their FQB.

It has worked for teams like Cincinnati, Chargers, Ravens. Steelers are drafting good players and still looking for their next FQB through the draft.

This deviation by Jets from their blueprint to build through draft will have short term success and then we will be in gutter for another 12 years once Rodgers is gone if JD doesn’t draft another developmental QB.

4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

You guys are so silly. Every QB in the league worth their weight gives a “wish list” for FA. This is not unique to Arod, the Jets or Woody.

And just stop with the he’s not even a Jet yet, he is.

Jets fans on this site are so fucking miserable and it’s so sad.

5. dawinner127

It’s like if you work at the highest position for a company and you report directly to the owner and your entire life the owners aren’t all in. Here comes a new company and they’re all in on you and giving you whatever it takes to improve yourself and make as much as possible — what human being wouldn’t take that? That’s what Rodgers is doing. Here’s a wishlist, let’s see what you can do with this. I don’t need everything, but it would be nice.

The national media spin and even some posters spin on this is so pathetic.

bicketybam and Lon Chaney like this.
  6. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Rodgers is a diva.

Rodgers wish list isn’t silly.
    He’s only going to play 1-2 years and going to the big city and media after being at home of Wisconsin for 18 years.

why not bring couple of his guys? If that makes him comfortable so be it. We re replacing few offensive players that know the system and can be helpful to GW and Moore. Give him a chance to connect the offense and the two guys on the list imo is o ky going to help him, the chemistry and help the younger guys. Now if he demand he’s only coming to NY if we get this guy and that guy, then that is a different story

7. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

Lazard is better than Davis.
    Cobb is better than Berrios.

Period.

Stop listening to the idiotic media.

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Exactly right ..If this actually materializes it saves a lot of people’s jobs >>RS and JD so they need it bad

We are on cusp of introducing a HoF QB to Jets!! We will definitely start winning and the fucking losing ends!!! That in itself is a Victory

FTMR when Woody steps aside and Garret W and Sauce G plus the rest of a really excited team rally around Rogers HE MAY ACTUALLY LiKe IT HERE AND Want To STAY LONGER

#28 NYJetsO12, Mar 15, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
    BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Rodgers is setting himself up for the scrutiny, if it is him holding this up and he intends on coming here. He’s playing with the emotions of a mentally afflicted fan base.

10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

How many reports do you need that say he's not causing the holdup?

11. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

He is going to be 40. He can love it here and he still won't be here that long. While his stats last season were OK, they weren't up to his usual standards. We will be looking for a QB in two years again. Not everyone can "Tom Brady" Father Time.

12. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Sorry, I haven’t read that deep. Have just seen that he was the one holding it up.

13. dawinner127

They weren't up to his usual standards because he had a broken thumb on his throwing hand. You try and throw something with a broken finger. 3700 26:12 would still be in the upper 10% of our sad franchise. I also don't think Lazard signs that contract knowing Rodgers is a 1 and done here. His contract is basically a 2/22

GREG likes this.
  14. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

If he does sign, I think it will be for 2 years. I can't see him playing after that. He may pull this same shit after this season about whether he wants to come back or not for year 2 with the Jets.

15. bicketybam

No worries. The media narrative made it seem like it was him because many have an axe to grind with the guy. Trey Wingo has the scoop.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  16. bicketybam

He will be back for a second year to defend that Super Bowl title.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  17. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Hope he gets played more often, seems like thats gonna help field a competitive team this coming year…sign me up!

AG3 likes this.
  18. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

He would have been better off staying in the NFC to have a better shot at a Super Bowl. AFC is loaded. Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Lawrence. The AFCE alone is going to be a 3-way battle with the Jets, Bills, Dolphins.

19. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Not even that. They don't even have an owner. There is no one ultimately at the top of the packers franchise that has the ultimate say on anything. Now he can go directly to Woody and actually talk to someone that is the be all and end all with the Jets (not that it's been great here, but that is the difference.)

20. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

i have no problem with "the list"

i suspect he and Hackett have the best intel on these guys and the things they do large and small on the field and in the locker room. Tuna used to like to bring in his guys and many times they weren't stars. Instead they were culture guys. Let's not undervalue that intel

Mims and Moore both seemed like exciting prospects to me. For whatever reason they undelivered on performance but overdelivered on complaints. I don't see any problem in avoiding that risk and going with guys that give the offense a better chance to be in synch on week 1. I saw in the other thread that C.Davis and Lezzard are essentially the same player. Maybe on paper, but Rodgers knows Lezzard and has chemistry with him. Has anyone anywhere developed chemistry with C.Davis.

one could make the case G.Wilson complained a lot, emoted a lot, about Zach, but the issue here is G.WIlson performed and you knew he was right. If Mims or Moore showed electric stuff consistently we would have handled the gripes differently. (For the record i like both of those guys)