Without Yankees, now what?

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by jonnyd, Jul 5, 2008.

1. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

More than that, there were no Rays in the division last year. The AL East is a tough division now. At least the past few years we could all (Boston and NY fans) sit back and wonder whether we'd be winning the division or the wild card. Neither is assured for either of us this year.

Trades aren't going to help. Guys aren't pulling their weight. Unless Abreu's hits start falling, Jeter stops grounding into DPs and throwing the ball into the seats, Melky and Cano keep making contact, Posada remembers how to make contact, Damon and Matsui come back healthy and contribute as they were, and we get more contributions from the rookies, it's time to forget October.

The only guys I have any sort of confidence in now at the plate are ARod and Giambi. That's ridiculous when you have the highest payroll in the sport.

Who can you trade for that would actually make a difference? Until yesterday, you could say Sabathia, but even he wouldn't make that much of a difference.

Anyway, sorry to derail your thread jonny. Unfortunately, I can't stop myself from watching this train wreck. I'll reevaluate after the AS break, but for now, I can't bear not to watch. No matter how bad it gets, I'm still a Yankee fan. I do plan on suffering Sterling/Waldman more often though in the coming months. I'd rather do something else while the game is on the radio, like play video games or read. Like you, I'll watch Joba games, and I figure I'll watch the Rays mini-series this week, but for the most part, I'm going to do something else more constructive than vegging in front of the tube for this atrocity on the field.

2. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

The Yankees are expected to send a scout to watch free agent Victor Zambrano throw this week.

Clearly, the Yankees are desperate to add a starting pitcher. Zambrano was invited to spring training by the Rockies, but didn't make the team and went 0-6 with a 9.45 in Triple-A for the Rockies.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

WTF?!?!

Who the hell is making this decision? This has to be an indictment of Cashman. I'm always taking his side, but this will be a clear mark against him.

Is it really that hard to see that leaving double-digit men on base, especially when in scoring position, is going to lose you ballgames more often than not?

This team pisses me off.

4. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Sending a scout to check out a pitcher is an indictment of Cashman? How is that an indictment on anyone?

If you knew how many injured, previously awful pitchers the Yankees (or any team) scouted, you'd be mortified. It's not like they're going to sign him. And if they do, they'll stick him in the minors to see if he figured anything out.

5. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Why'd you come to rain on my poo-poo parade?

I figured in here I could at least be a miserable schlep without spamming the regular threads.

Damn it. If you want me to be miserable in the game threads, just say so! :smile: