With the #6 pick the New York Jets select CB Leodis McKelvin?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Long Time Jet Fan, Mar 3, 2008.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

dallas is the most talked about simply because they have those 2 first rounders, i know the 2 firsts and 3rd wouldnt work as far as draft points but i would accept it. what else would it take/would we get to trade down to somewhere in the 12 range? and who would be willing to do that, i really have been convinced that the cowpokes are in love with mcfadden so they would be my obvious choice. let me know some other possiblities.

i say wr cause this draft will be pretty deep with them and we could get a quality one with either of the late first round choices or a 2nd. there will be a number of pretty damn good rbs in the 3rd round (rice,choice both projected if im correct into the third if not later) hopefully and i may be interested in reaching a little for a guy like flacco as what i saw last year of him was pretty impressive and a great back up plan.

besides with the amount of 4th rounders we have and may end up having it is ammunition to move up when we think someone is going to take a guy like flacco and steal him from under someone.

im definitely fired up at this point and this has surely been an interesting year and fun to think about where to they go next.

2. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

I havent been so excited during FA since last year, when we stole TJ from chicago...and then I couldnt wait for the season to start....wait, oh shit

3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Maybe this could happen......

1. MIA- Chris Long
    2. STL- Vernon Gholston
    3. ATL- Matt Ryan
    4. OAK- Darren McFadden
    5. KC- Jake Long

Glenn Dorsey will sadly fall victim to the injury questions and slide and even reach the 6th overall pick.......This is when the following teams ask about the availability of the pick

A) Cincinatti
    B) Denver
    C) Carolina
    D) Detroit
    E) Philadelphia
    F) New Orleans

Granted its a 10 minute window so about 2-3 teams will call up, say Denver(Wanted a DT all offseason long), Detroit(Traded their's away) and New Orleans(Always needed one and are afraid of Cincy who picks before them).

I personally think Millen and DET will swing a deal to land the big DT that Marinelli would crave.

NYJ Gets DET 1st, 2nd, 3rd(Cleveland's that is) for the 6th overall pick.

With the 15th pick, I then see the Jets may take RB Rashard Mendenhall or WR Malcolm Kelly. Probably the former more than the latter.

4. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

My thoughts exactly. Right now we have Revis and a huge "?" on the other side of the field. I wouldn't be upset by any means if we took a CB early on. Hell, with Revis, Rhodes, and a top-end CB prospect back there, we could have one of the best defensive backfields in the league.

5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I like the trade down scenario if possible.
    Enables us to look for WR, CB, and OT or ILB with top 3 picks.
    If Ghol and RunDMC are gone though, who would really want to trade down?

CB is interesting, as it would also take away top CB prospect from NE, who is clearly looking to draft one.
    No one has mentioned Merling either. Kenyon Coleman is ok, but not great, and there isn't much depth behind him. Can Merling help on the run AND get after the QB? Those are still huge needs..

Any insight into Merling (if we had to pick 6 and no Ghol or Dmac)?