With the #6 pick the New York Jets select CB Leodis McKelvin?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Long Time Jet Fan, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

How do we know that Thomas Jones is not a "Playmaker"

Or perhaps Leon Washington is not a "playmaker"

Our O-line is getting a major upgrade. Picking a RB whom is very fast, but has fumble problems along with other issues is fine?

Why not see what the R's we have can do and draft an impact player at another position?

2. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Makes a good nickel/dime guy

Not sure about Rivers... love him as an athlete but may be too small to go inside a 3-4 LB core.

3. surge511

surge511 New Member

I don't see how we wouldn't take McFadden. He is as big as Brandon Jacobs and is basically as fast as anyone in the league. He is a rare talent. We should definitely take him if he is there when we pick.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Those guys are not worth that money, in the draft its about need and money. Gholston is still the pick.

5. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

QFT.

Gholston really just seems like the smart choice. DMC i can live with, but would rather trade down.

6. Chadwick I

Chadwick I Member

7. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

Staying in the secondary, could Kenny Phillips complement Kerry Rhodes, or would that not really work?

8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Who exactly is our # 2 CB?

Hell, we already lost Poteat.

Revis guards Moss so Welker burns us for 150 yards and 2 TDs unless we get another solid CB. If Moss signed somewhere else you might have a case but we need a CB badly to stop the Patriots offense. Additionally the Patriots will use the @ 7 pick on a CB for sure. If we take the top CB at # 6, the Patriots will get a lesser player.

9. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Marion Barber is a pro-bowl RB. Why in the world would Dallas trade up when they have one of the better RBs in the NFL. Even Jerry Jones is not that stupid.

If Gholston is available, he is the clear pick. A 3-4 team can never have enough linebackers, especially if they can rush the passer.

McFadden will not be a Jet even if Gholston is gone. He is a problem waiting to happen and the Jets have playmakers at RB already.

10. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

:rofl::rofl:

Seriously?

:rofl:

11. ReservoirDog76

ReservoirDog76 New Member

If McFadden is there, Gholston and Long are gone, and we take a CB consider my wrists slit.

12. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Why does everyone think Dallas is the best trading partner just because they have two first rounders?

I would rather trade with Denver at # 12 and take a player there instead of settling for pick # 22. We can always move up from round two if we want to.

We have many more options to trade down than most people seem to realize.

13. We'll try to trade down..and if no luck take the BPA who will likely be either DMAC or Gholston.

14. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

As big as Brandon Jacobs? Are you high?

15. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

I was JUST thinking this. But I think we're outthinking it. It had seemed to me that there were three basic options: Gholston, McFadden, trade out. But if Pace eliminates Gholston and McFadden is gone or not an option and we HAVE to pick at 6, then cornerback jumps right to the top of the list. If we really want to play more man, no better way than to pair the best CB in '07 with the best CB in '08.

16. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

Hell we did fine last year, with 0 pass rush. And Poteat will most likely be back next year.

And to the guy who said Miller cant start. Wrong. You didnt even know he was hurt all last year.. So how are we suppose to figure that you know he was well on his way to being the number 1, before he got hurt..

17. JetsLookingforDWare

QFT.

I'm not too much of a McFadden fan honestly...I know he's an elite talent but I think I'd prefer Stewart/Mendenhall.

18. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

Hahah yea wtf.

19. JetTalk

JetTalk New Member

With the recent signings, selecting a CB with one of our top picks has also come across my mind.....but so have a lot of other positions, such as QB, WR, and LB/DE. I don't think we can wrong with our first pick. Tons of options, I would prefer trading down and praying someone falls into our laps.

20. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

I want to trade down with dallas preferably, screw QB for now I say we go for WR and CB first IF we dont sign Wilson, then focus on LB/DE, and if the rare chance DE Long is there at #6, just forget everything I said previous.