With the 5th pick in the 2007 Draft, The New York Jets select...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, May 2, 2006.

1. Vilma#51

Vilma#51 New Member

Got me on that one...have to admit did laugh...PS. Nice photo - I have this funny feeling that Smith from Mizzou may end up being the steal of the JETS draft. His highlight real is SICK.

2. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

i have to admit, im a little giddy over his potential

3. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Forgot about Paul Posluszny. He really impressed this season and would love for him to be drafted by us.
    5? maybe a couple more slots down from that , whilst I think that our season will be ordinary , I don't think we will be the 5th worst team in '07.

4. Matty Jets

how about GAINES from clemson, seems perfect for the 3-4, plus he's all over the 2007 prospect projections...guys a beast and ima make it my job to watch him all year

5. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

but perhaps a bigger year for my buckeyes...maybe another showdown this time for the championship....its been fun beating you guys up lately though...what like 3 or 4 times in a row we've spanked ya???

6. Matty Jets

id love teddy ginn junya

7. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

I dont care how many games we win as long as we show improvement.
    Also we need the guy in the avatar

8. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

The WR from USC, # 8 I think... big and fast, what a novel concept. He's from Jersey too...

Ellis

9. Matty Jets

Gaines Gaines or Gaines, no matter where we pick, it's almost certain to be defense, just my two cents

10. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

If were picking at #5 it means our QBs failed and were gonna package our picks and trade up to take Brady Q

11. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

Not really. Maybe DD turns out not to be as good as they thought and they really do need a RB back there. To make up for passing on Bush they could make that pick.

Peterson will be the way to go IMO. The Jets couldn't package up to get Bush they wont let it go this time around. I'm not buying Washington or Houston. They seem more like just try outs incase they do turn out to be diamonds, however you shouldn't count on it. They will serve as depth and hope untill the RB issue can be seriously addressed.

12. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I agree 100%. I think we will have a lot of close games, but will lose just enough to not make the playoffs.

That puts us at 13-22 for our pick next year. With the second rounder we acquired though, we would be in a position to trade up if there was somebody really hot that we wanted. Too far away to worry about though.

13. Matty Jets

"Maybe DD turns out not to be as good as they thought"

who's dd again?

14. jaybo1015

jaybo1015 New Member

we need merriwether from the uuuuuuuuuuuu

15. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

If we pick in the 10-15 range, we should be able to take a run at Michael Bush. He is a big and powerful back, I've seen him play since high school. Our revamped OLine with a year under his belt and Bush in the backfield, we'd be set.

16. Bomber

Bomber New Member

Fantastic player....but I think its obvious he is going to have a lot of injury problems through his career because of his playing style. Doesn't quite have Reggie Bush's 'escapabilty' (none now playing do) but Bush doesn't have the A Train's power.

It will be interesting to see how no 28 goes this season and whether he'll stay injury free: if he does he's a lock for number 1 in 2007.

Unfortunately I think the Jets will be in the race to get him, as this season is a rebuilding one and we can't expect too much.

17. ChuckkieB

ChuckkieB Member

I think we will be in line for a top ten pick in 2007.

18. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

If Paul Posluszny isn't a "Mangini Guy" then I don't know who is. Of course, I'm a bit biased.

Go Lions!

19. phatnols

phatnols Member

1st thing is what pick will we actually be picking? I say anywhere from 7-18. But we wont know until the season plays.

2nd these are early rankings/mock draft the players in 1-3 could be drafted in the 2nd rnd. Some guy we have no clue who he is will be picked in the top 3. I will look at these and use them, but I wont take them set in stone.

3rd too many offensive/skill positions. This is almost ESPN retarded. The past couple years alot of Wr's were drafted high but it should be around 5 players. Will these players be the top 5? RB's there are too many in the top 10, As soon as so and so runs a 4.6 40 he will be out of the 1st rnd. so only 3 or 4 Rb's in the 1st rnd and will all of those players make the 1st rnd? 2006 was the supposed OT draft, I guess this yr is the rb draft watch this one fall apart? 2005 was the Wr draft that came through cause it was the shittiest draft since 88. QB's, rarely there are more than 4 drafted in the 1st rnd but the new thing is if you fail on QB in the draft it could set your franchise back for 5 years so I will wait to see how many will be drafted in top 10. I just want to know where are the defensive players? I liked Kiper's top 10 prospects better. He had some balance atleast.

4th How are the Bears the 4th pick? they have GB, Det, Minny in their division thats 4 wins by default. OK that could still be #1 pick
    They play(am I correct, not 100% sure) the NFC west SF and someone else can be a win(in december Chi home game) thats 6 wins. That could be the #4 pick on tiebreakers.
    AFCEAST and the Giants and TB(who never wins a cold game if its at Chicago) They can win atleast 8 games. But if they are thinking injuries they are idiots just take any team and place injuries and they can be the #4 pick.(and yes we will still stink)

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

sure, if DD does poorly, but why not if David Carr plays poorly they draft a QB instead? or if Williams sucks they draft another DE? see, the what if's are endless. the point is it is asinine to say the Texans are going to draft a RB next year after they passed up on one of the most potentially dynamic backs ever coming out of college this year. they obviously feel comfortable with DD, so at this point it is ridiculous to say they won't next year.