With the 15th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rock316nyj, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Clayture

Clayture Member

Our drafts have been terrible lately, lets hope they don't blow this one also. Gholsten 5th overall, Ducasse 2nd round (ironically Victor Cruz was undrafted out of UMass where Ducasse went). Who is making the call, Rex or Tanny on the selections? Our team sucks all over the place right now.

With all that said our biggest needs IMO are right tackle or safety. Not convinced Sanchez will ever be more then mediocre, but lets see how he does with some time to throw, and can we cover a tight end please.

2. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Burfict might be fighting to get into round 1. His stock has dropped a bit these past few weeks with his over perusing. I don't know if its on him or the inept coaching staff at ASU but his discipline has come into question after he overcame his silliness on the field the past 2 years.

3. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Receivers aren't the issue. Please no WR. That's a luxury position. I do not like Holmes, but I think we could bring in some cheap options rather than invest a 1st round pick in one.

And as an ND fan, I think Floyd will be a bust personally (just like almost every player that comes out of there).

4. BakerMaker

What's this based off of?

I have seen all of Floyd's games, he brings a different element to the game when he plays. Constantly got doubled.

5. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

The position is deep enough that I'd tend to agree (McNutt and Cunningham looking like appealing mid-round options), but if Alshon Jeffrey is still on the board by their pick, they need to seriously consider pulling the trigger and getting Sanchez a beast-mode weapon to work with, and not a fucking quitting whining mutt of a wide receiver.

6. MikeSLTJ23

Call it a gut feeling...you're not the only one who's seen all of Floyd's games.

7. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

What makes you so certain Kerley is not a starter in this league? He's a rook, and the only NYJ receiver that can get consistent separation? I don't get the logic-- or do you have some inside scoop..... He's got better athleticism and size than Wayne Chrebet who was a very productive #2 for quite a few years.

8. BakerMaker

No one will honestly know what Kerley will turn into but I don't know if he has the break away speed to be a legit go to option. I can see Kerley maybe turning into a No.2 in the league but I think his role as that 3rd WR isn't a bad one and him being the new Jack of all trades works.

Cherbet played in an era where the defensive speed was different than what Kerley will be playing moving forward.

9. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Best player available

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Tanny will trade our 1st pic next year plus our 2nd and 3rd this year to move up one spot to #14 to grab a 'once in a life time' Full Back.

11. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Kearly is Cotchery.

Find a vertical receiver (Braylon Edwards type) and if possible keep Holmes as the 2nd receiver.

This team needs a gritty receiver. I like Roddy White and Percy Harvin - two different athletes with a chip on their shoulder. Someone needs to play with some fire.

Everyone on this team is running around like they are constipated.

12. MsuJets

MsuJets Active Member

Well he didn't finish the year strong.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Minnesota will trade that 3rd pick to whoever wants RG3

No way he drops

14. MikeSLTJ23

Do you think Floyd has that elite speed?? He doesn't. He wouldn't be the only big WR to be a great NFL player without great speed, but it's certainly not a huge positive for him. I don't see his game translating to the NFL well because I don't think he's great at getting separation. I think of him more as a WR that can pick on smaller, slower college DBs. I just don't see him being able to pull it off in the NFL.

I've been wrong on plenty of picks (called JPP the Giants version of Gholston), so I'm not saying I can't be wrong here. Just calling it as a see it. I try to be very unbiased even when watching the Jets and Irish.

15. BakerMaker

That's on Rees being ass in December.

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I could see you being right about him. He is big, looks the part, showed good hands in college. Kelley Washington was like that at UT and David Terrell was like that at Michigan. Floyd will play in the NFL. Will he be a good player? Maybe, maybe not.

Jeffery and Blackmon look better to me. Jeffery reminds me of Sterling Sharpe. Very good receiver and uses his body well when positioning himself for the pass.

17. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

fuck this shit i want a godamn safety.

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

IMO recievers are easy to replace, and easy to find. Id much rather get a defensive star, than a big time reciever.

19. BakerMaker

He doesn't have speed, I agree but he has height and ability to gain yards after catch. He has pretty good hands for the most part too. He won't burn you but the man isn't a stiff.

20. MikeSLTJ23

Draft BPA, not based on need. There's no great safety prospects this year IMO. Grab one later.