With the 10th pick..

Discussion in 'Draft' started by KY Jets Fan, Jan 7, 2024.

?

Who do you pick if all these are still available at Pick#10

1. Rome Odunze (WR)

30.2%
  2. Brock Bowers (TE)

17.5%
  3. Fashanu or another OL

41.3%
  4. I rather trade down if these are my choices

11.1%
  1. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

He could be, but the scenario has us trading up for him and passing over Joe Alt. A-trading up is stupid. B- Passing over Alt to take Odunze in a trade up is so beyond stupid it can’t even be put into words.

2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

His point remains though, Wilson was absolutely a better WR prospect than Odunze is. Wilson came from an absolute WR factory of a school and played against top-level competition.

NCJetsfan and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

projections are simply a matter of opinion

There’s not as many good defensive prospects this year as there was that year which undoubtedly is helping Odunzes draft stock.

LAJet likes this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I dunno, the point really doesn't mean much to me. Who cares where you take each guy from year to year? The circumstances are all so wildly different.

5. BrowningNagle

Ja’Lynn Polk is quite similar to Odunze, big bodied WR, same school and everything. He can be had in the 2nd maybe 3rd round

dawinner127 and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Zach Wilson should have taught all of us never to ignore level of competition in college.

Ralebird and Trainer like this.
  7. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

this is revisionist history. g wilson had questions about his game translating, as well. this write up projected him to be a WR2:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/garrett-wilson/32005749-4c69-1962-4085-d9c826d8709c

and who cares if wilson was a better prospect? we need another receiver in the worst way and odunze is also an elite prospect. whether or nor your think wilson was better is splitting hairs.

and the reason his testing numbers are good is because he was a track star in high school. he ran the 200m in 21.25 and the 100m in 10.67.

https://gohuskies.com/sports/football/roster/rome-odunze/14967

Borat likes this.
  8. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

what did sauce teach us? he played at cincinatti

there was as much talent in the pac12 as their was in any other conference, sans the SEC

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Maybe you trade up for Alt even though I still don't like it because there's no guarantee he'll be the best OL. Trading up for anyone else would be madness.

10. BroadwayAaron

Eh there's a difference between 6'3" and 6'1", 4.45 and 4.52… also a big difference between their actual college production. I wouldn’t call them similar at all.

11. BrowningNagle

Yeah I try to tell my wife an extra 2inches doesn’t make much difference as well

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

There's a free Draft contest at Covers. There's about a dozen props to pick and you can win a Fanatics gift card if you're the champ.

Covers | NFL Draft Challenge

Of course they also have real props bets available for the draft for those really as confident in how the draft will go as they say here. I'm sticking with the freebies.

#1672 Ralebird, Apr 24, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2024
  13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I saw some comps that he could be Chris Godwinesque. I'm not sure how comparable the two are, but just what I've read.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  14. BroadwayAaron

I think this is pretty Fair. Smaller guys who are built to take some contact that lack serious explosiveness. For the record I think Polk would be a fantastic second round pick up for someone and we found a way to recoup a second I would love to take him. But I don’t think he’s anywhere near the same class as Odunze. Neither do talent evaluators clearly.

15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's where having VP of Football Ops has merit, especially if that guy has deep experience in all facets of football, including coaching, but also F.O. experience. IMO it's a guy with a proven recipe for winning and can implement it despite pressure from the owner and CS.

BacktoQueens and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

After reading your analysis of Odunze, I'd definitely be against trading up for him. For Alt? Absolutely!

BacktoQueens likes this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

Jeremiah has us taking Odunze at 10. Absolute dream scenario. Get one of the best players in the draft at a position of need and don’t have to move up.

Borat likes this.
  18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Looks like betting market is catching up to Latham. Now favorite to go #5 overall. Probably will be gone before our pick along with Alt.

It looks to me like it will be between Odunze and Bowers... If they go OT, I hope it is Olu.

19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

This is a really solid mock: https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2024-nfl-mock-draft-4-0

The thing that hurts is not getting Nabers (whom we could have had with #6 if we lost one meaningless game). But DJ I think has a lot of things right: Latham, Alt, and Olu top 10 guys, Bowers #15, Odunze around 10.

20. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Agreed. We may question whether he gave up too much or could have done better if he didn't trade, but they guys he did identify as trade up candidates at the top of the draft were absolute studs.

BacktoQueens likes this.