With all these picks, who gets cut?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Z-Dog, Mar 27, 2006.

1. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Ridgeway and Wshington would probably go.

As for people who want to see Wright cut, have you see him play? The guy is phenomal on STs. When he is the gunner and flies down the field, spears a player and his head flopped around like a rag doll. I would watch for Wright on ST plays. Every play he left it on the field and threw his body around with reckless abandom. That is the type of player I want on the team. If he is cut I will not be happy.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Derty, T-Bird, it's not discounting the importance of a dependable LS. We aren't going to the playoffs this season, bet on it. This is the time we can bite the bullet and find a more versatile option than Dearth. And if that means a bunch of botched long-snaps in a season we're probably picked to finish last in the league, I have no problem with that.

3. Z-Dog

Z-Dog New Member

Ridgeway is gone, and Dearth could be gone too. I wouldn't be suprised to see Bollinger gone after we draft a QB, though he might get dealt for a late/conditional pick next year too. McClover could be gone b/c of how Wright took his role on ST and the developmet of Mike Brown. Barry Gardner is gone too. Reed is gone too

4. Youth Is Served

Youth Is Served New Member

You summed it up right there boss. Martin/Blaylock/Houston there is no need to draft a RB this year unless he is Practice Squad or a later round pick. Blaylock will not be cut as explained before he costs more to cut then to keep. If we cut him and replace him were losing more money than if we were to keep him. He was hurt last year and is a very valuable asset to this team. If you ask me he is kinda the sleeper this off-season everyone is overlooking him.

He has to ability to share carries with Martin and possibly Houston and make a good tandem. This is why we wont draft a RB early and if we do draft one later we will either carry 4 or he will be on the practice squard.

Youthâ„¢

5. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

mclover will probably still be around, good special teamer with freak athletic skills that aren't expensive

if you are talking about mark brown, he was let go awhile ago, and im fairly certain gardner was cut already (right?), reed won't be re-signed so that's not a cut

we aren't drafting a QB so I don't see Brooks going anywhere