With all do respect, Screw D'brick MERGED

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ViLmAfAn5128, Apr 18, 2006.

1. vilmas our future51

vilmas our future51 New Member

that would be the smart way to draft

2. parafly

parafly New Member

I wouldn't be pissed with taking d'brick, but i think we'd be much better off taking some other skill postition at #4, and mcneill at 29 or 35.

3. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

THAT is the kind of response I can handle, but being flat out "pissed" with drafting Ferguson is a joke.

4. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

you do in the first round my friend.....look up all the top ten qbs taken in the last 15 years and look at the top ten o-lineman taken in the last 15 years....you have about a 10%success rate at qb and a 90% with the olineman....offensive lineman taken in the top ten in a given draft are probably the safest,surest bet out there...period.

5. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Hey,

It depends on the situation and the QB. The Jets don't need a QB, they have two former 1st rnd draft picks at that position on the roster and three former starters. If we were going to grab a QB in this draft we wouldn't have gotten Ramsey.

6. Joe Walton Sucks

Joe Walton Sucks New Member

Picking Ferguson is a big mistake. We (Jets) have 2 3rd and 4rd rd picks. Why can't they build the OL in the later rounds.
    Anyways, if Mangini is in the BB or Parcells mold we're not picking an OL w/ the 4th pick. This situation took place about 10 yrs ago when Parcells had the 1st pick and traded down to Rams for 8th pick. They passed on Pace and got Farrior. There's a reason why this Franchise is a laughing stock. Take a look at the drafts over the last 10 years. They just don't get it!!! Please someone tell me why Chad is still here? I'd rather eat the cap space have another bad year and rebuild.
    Also a lot of people on board want to trade down for more picks. How many picks do you guys want? How do you plan to pay them if by some chance they become good.

7. BIG TYMER

BIG TYMER Banned

How could anyone be pissed about us taking D'Brick? The guy is the best LT to come out in a decade and O-line is our biggest need.

8. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

so you want lightning to strike twice?

9. parafly

parafly New Member

Everyone said that same thing about Robert Gallery and Mike Williams. How did they turn out?

Nobody is a sure thing...

10. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

NO OFFENSIVE LINE, NO OFFENSE. Its that simple. A poster on a another thread pointed out that Olinemen chosen in the first round have the highest success rate of any position. Why can't we pick Olinemen in later rounds? We can, but why would you pass up a great one when you can get him. Why is Chad still here? Because hes a team guy who worked with Tangini on his contract restructure. Because he deserves a chance to come back. I'd rather have him here competeing for a starting job than sitting at home costing us money and doing nothing. MORE PICKS IS BAD?! Tell Jimmy Johnson that. How will we pay these guys? The same way we'd pay some big name money hog that we got at the top of the draft, thats how.

11. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

There is no way we're taking a TE at #4 or even in the first round.

12. NYJ1012

NYJ1012 Banned

agreed:pats_suck:

13. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Because picking later round projects and UDFAs is what Bradway did the last 5 years. How did that work out? The Jets have to start investing in the OLine or they will be a laughing stock because the Offense will suck.

BB drafted linemen, O and D, with most of his first round picks, go take a look. Also Parcells was looking for more picks, it had nothing to do with not taking an O-Linemen. When a team is willing to trade up to the first, they are willing to give up a lot. So, when you are rebuilding, you use this opportunity and get as many picks as you can.

Because if they passed on Chad, they would be barely under the cap now, if at all. It would have been a 9 0r 12 million cap hit.

That last statement is ridiculous. You would have to pay players whether you draft them or sign FAs. You might as well load the roster with young talent. And it will take a GM who is good with the cap. Wait a minute, we have one of those!!! You stagger the contracts so the biggest chunks hit at different years, you put in escalators and incentives.

14. Joe Walton Sucks

Joe Walton Sucks New Member

Thats the problem we don't have Jimmy Johnson drafting for us.
    7 picks in the 1st 4rds is plenty. Especially being a die hard fan for so many years. Aren't you guys as Die Hard Jets Fans sick and tired of these Bryan Thomas', Kyle Bradys, Bechts'. These were the 1st rd picks it gets much worse.

15. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

It is much too early to judge Gallery or Williams yet. But your right, no player is a sure thing. Williams, Bush, Davis, Leinart, Brick, they all could bust. But looking back, the percentages are better for high 1st round OLineman.

16. parafly

parafly New Member

I agree.

I hope we stay at #4 and take:

1) Bush
    2) Leinart
    3) Mario
    4) Hawk

17. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Hawk would be a nice pick. I'd be happy with that.

18. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Fer sure, I'm sick of the crappy first round picks. We have to see if Tangini is any better than the rest.

19. NYjets2335

NYjets2335 New Member

I agree with that completely, obviously if Bush or leinart are there you have to take them, but I would be happy with Mario or Hawk too, both are great players. I do not want Furgeson though. I do not want to draft an OT that high in the draft because:

1.) There are so many better prospects (bush, leinart, etc.)
    2.) There is so much depth at tackle in this draft that we do not need to draft one with the #4 pick to get a quality one.
    3.) Also remember that Jason Fabini was a fouth rounder and kareem Meckenzie a third rounder, you don't always have to get OT'S high in the draft.

20. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Great post. I agree.

Welcome to TGG by the way.