Wilson's Mother Could be a Distraction

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bicketybam, Jul 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

What's dumb is to assume she promotes every single conspiracy theory every single person she follows (could be thousands) has.

RochesterJet, patleahy and cval like this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

His mother's political views shouldn't be a big deal but in today's world it is. Especially in professional sports that has largely chosen it's side of the aisle.

In reality though, the NFL did a pretty good at weeding out too many political statements last year. There were some human interest and social justice pieces on the sports networks but very little on the broadcasts.

Whatever you believe in, in your face political statements during broadcasts will eventually hurt the sport because it's divisive (even if you believe it shouldn't be).

If his mother doesn't interact a lot during his games and fight with critics and fans on social media she'll be fine regardless of if she's saying crazy nonsense. She'll be an issue when she starts fighting with people to defend her son after a 4 pick game.

KingRoach and patleahy like this.
  3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

If JD was really great, he'd swing a deal for us to have Zach as our QB, and Sam's mother as the "QB Mom". Get on the phones Joe.

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

people care way too much about what random people say on the internet. last time I checked it's a free country, people can say what they want. but were going backwards as a society now with all the access we have to each other and tribalism is popping back up again.

cval and patleahy like this.
  5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

This is why it may become a big deal. Idiots like this. Wait, I mean people like this. My bad.

RochesterJet and Noam like this.
  6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

It's time to take the offensive on some of these shill journalists who only want to spread negative news about the Jets.

If they make Wilson's mother "a thing" because the product on the field is better, they should be attacked (online) into oblivion.

This black cloud over the Jets continues because fans like us tolerate this misery and bathe in it.

Draw a fucking line in the sand and do something about it.

chandler, LAJet, cval and 1 other person like this.
  7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Let's hope that isn't happening lol

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

There's only one thing that can be done about it, and that's the Jets winning instead of losing.

Royal Tee and Ralebird like this.
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Looks like the circus is coming back to town boyz.. Its been way too quiet around the Jets anyway.

Royal Tee and patleahy like this.
  10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

OK, that was funny.

11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Noam likes this.
  12. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I don’t know what those cute little purple smiley things actually mean but I like them and I am just going to assume that means you like my post or maybe you like to post cute purple smiley things. Both of which are good by me.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Well this thread is destined to be locked or even worse - moved to the politics forum.

14. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

I don't think she is going to be an issue at all. BIG PICTURE....whether or not Zach has success as an NFL QB is going to have very very very little to do with what his mom posts on IG.

Borat likes this.
  15. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I think your right. She seems to have one outburst every month or two. It really depends on what she wants and who she is listening too. If she wants she can easily get national attention by saying something that offends a lot of people but that also would makes her loved by Qanon the base that she follows. Going the route of becoming a nationally known figure she would be hated, ridiculed and become a potential for SNL and other comedians. I am sure there are lots of family trying to keep her quiet and she seems to listen for a short time.

patleahy likes this.
  16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Can you point to the "outbursts" she had so far that have ANY relation at all to radical QAnon conspiracies? If not, perhaps it's time to stop bring up QAnon.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Since the draft we have had ZWs comments trying to keep her quiet, we have had her anti-mask rant attacking Disneyworld for protecting patrons from Covid, ZW unfriending her on instagram, then we had the recent outburst she just had about her purse and finally the story about ZW wanting to pay her to be quie. Roughly 2.5 incidents per month since the draft. Hopefully, that is not the norm.

I suppose it is possible to be a big fan of Qanon icon Marjorie Greene and not be a Qanon supporter but that would be pretty unlikely. That would be like someone who eats and loves Fruit Loops saying they hate and don't eat sugary cereal.

#77 Noam, Jul 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  18. patleahy

@Noam with all due respect Noam, I believe Zach's mom has already said she only follows Marjorie Taylor Greene for the makeup and recipe tips.

Noam likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Recipes maybe, but I can't imagine anyone following MTG for makeup tips.

Jets81, Fiftynine, Ralebird and 2 others like this.
  20. patleahy

that's only bc u have never had the misfortune of seeing her "au naturel" NC!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:o_O

Noam and NCJetsfan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.