Wilson to spend the bye week in Utah working with John Beck

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFan20, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think the best thing we can do for the younger fans is point them at fantasy football. They've got a long hard trail in front of them with the Jets.

The 1st round of the draft this year was the first time I seriously considered the possibility I would not see the Jets win a Super Bowl in my lifetime.

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

The defense and special teams haven’t looked like ass so it can’t be classified as “total” ass. I don’t even think the offense has been total ass either.

3. cval

cval Well-Known Member

They look like a young team. They have not looked like total ass. In fact they won a game against a division leader.

barfolomew and PJ4Ever like this.
  4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Julio has not played all season and when he has he has been a non factor. Look all the injuries the Jets have. No excuses in the NFL the Jets won that game on th back of Zach . Did you watch the game? How about Tennessee against the Bills.

I swear even when the Jets win this great fan base makes excuses why we won. Unbelievable!

Noam, barfolomew and PJ4Ever like this.
  5. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Yeah i agree. They look young, there are some bright spots and some big gaps but ultimately i like wilson and saleh a heck of a lot more than i did sam and gase or sam and bowles.

6. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

This is football, not some snotty teenager meeting some chics parents for the first time.

Hes played all of 5 games and you say he sucks. So Lawrence sucks, Fields sucks even more, Lance sucking is off the charts bad. Jones, who knows hes dinking and dunking his way to wins on a really good team and CS.

You can bet the house, every penny you have that 1. If he turns it around and plays to the obvious talent level we've seen his first impression will be as pointless as the countless others impatient fans draw after a handful of games. 2. He sure as shit will be playing QB for the Jets through year 2.

barfolomew and cval like this.
  7. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Thats because the reference to Mahomes is his ability to throw off platform and with Rodgers its the way he throws, his release and the way he flicks the ball out of his hand with velocity.
    The Allen reference has absolutely nothing to do with their styles its that Allen struggled his entire first season until he figured the position out and the game slowed down for him. Nothing all that confusing there

dawinner127, barfolomew and cval like this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Why is the bold used as some sort of defense? They all suck. That doesn't prop up one over the other, really. Lawrence has definitely looked better than Wilson and Mac Jones has looked the most comfortable though he also looks like he has the lowest ceiling.

9. legler82

It’s a rather convenience comparison. Everyone knew Allen was going to be a slow burn. Hence why he wasn’t the popular choice of TGG. Wilson was touted as the fast “processing”, NFL ready, ideal fit for the offense and so on and so on prospect. Essentially he was the antithesis of Allen the prospect. I doubt any of those quick to utter Allen’s name now would have done so prior to the season. Rookie Allen wasn’t the plan. And it’s still a false equivalence since Wilson isn’t offsetting his passing struggles with his legs like Allen did. So I remain confused but I’m happy it makes perfect sense to you.

#209 legler82, Oct 22, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  10. legler82

Not everyone shares your degrees of suck. There are keels to this. I honestly thought he would get a bump up during the bye week.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-week-7-2021-season-rankings

11. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Just hope he can continue there to thrive. Need time as a rookie

12. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

He's obviously not - and he's probably 2-3 years ready to even compete, which puts at the same exact point we were at with Darnold. At least he has a better long ball than Sam.

13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I really think tomorrow's game will show a lot about Zach. After the bye week, having chance to reflect on a 5 game body of work, plying against the team you already faced, a team that is not that great, I personally think Wilson has every opportunity to end up having a good outing. Whether he will or not, we will know more about where he stands after tomorrow.

Acad23 and barfolomew like this.
  14. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

If Wilson has another multi interception outing it will tell me a lot going forward about his ability to translate his game to the NFL level--the Pats aren't an elite defense. If Zach is any good (even as a rookie)--he should have at least 250 yards and 2 TD. I honestly would be happy with 250 yards and just no ints

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I just don't want to see the Jets down 14-0 if I wait till 1:30 to tune in...

FrontOfficeFanatic likes this.
  16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

And there it is. Jets down 14-0 at 1:22 PM.

17. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

on the sideline....?

But seriously, he was looking like ass before the injury. Passes in the dirt, taking sacks, etc. Hourglass running out fast on Zach...