Will the Jets cut Ramsey?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LI JET FAN, Aug 21, 2006.

1. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

1) All players must be CUT before they can go to the practice squad

2) Bollinger, Ramsey nor Pennington are eligible

In other words, you have to cut Clemens, then slide him into the PS. Also, the practice squad is 8 players... no spots reserved for QBs.

2. dennycrumd

dennycrumd New Member

If we let him develop like Brett Favre then that means he will be on someone else's team beating us ala Green Bay over Atlanta until recently. I do not want him to sit on the bench while we keep trying to give Chad a chance. All I am saying is with Chad/Ramsey starting our record will not be that much better. If we let him play then maybe by year 3 he will be ready to break out. My only concern would be an injury. Our line is suppose to be improved so hopefully none our QB's take that much of a beating.

3. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up.

4. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Maybe he could be traded for a 3rd rounder lol

5. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

I doubt the Jets are trading Ramsey or cutting him now, after they resigned him to an extension, unless there is a great deal on the table.

6. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

for one he overcame the adversary to become once again...the starting QB (yes thats right...in yo face!ahahahahaha) :rofl2:....he hasnt done much in his ONE PRESEASON GAME but clearly he is the best QB on the Jets...

#26 Scikotic, Aug 21, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2006
  7. luvdemjets1998

luvdemjets1998 New Member

yeah. compared to last year, 4 qbs is definitely enough

8. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Ramsey is the 4th best QB we have on the roster. Unless, of course, you count Brad Smith, then he's the 5th. He a terrible passer who has no head for the game, and if anyone gets cut, it should be him. I'd feel better with Bollywood back there, and I don't think real highly of him, either.

9. abdulsalaam

abdulsalaam New Member

I think any talk of cutting Ramsey is way premature and ill-advised. Sure the Chad "rebirth" makes for a nice story. But as been noted in this thread, he is not the most durable QB we've ever seen, nor has he played for any real length of time of late. Who knows how he or his arm will hold.

All this talk of Bollinger over Ramsey as the back-up, based on some pre-season snaps also seems misguided. Brooks may be a swell guy but he didn't exactly light up the scoreboard last season. I think Ramsey is tough and has a heck of an arm. With time to adjust to his third system in 4 years, I think he'll be an effective QB.

10. boogerstyles

boogerstyles New Member

as much as brooks looked better than ramsey, ramsey still has three times the starts and many more victories (bolli only had the last one against buff). i think they cant cut him, just because of his experience.... although i thought brooks looked competent and is definatly going to land as a back up somewhere.

11. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

no

no, no, and no. Does that answer your question?

12. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

They can make whatever descision they do...as long as we have penny and clemens

13. MN_Jet_Fan

MN_Jet_Fan New Member

Great signature!

We'll see who starts in the regular season. He is clearly the best... at fumbling!

#33 MN_Jet_Fan, Aug 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2005
  14. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Right now I'd cut Ramsey. Pennington, Clemens, Bollinger. Brooks is performing well enough to make this team. Ramsey is not. Take the best of em'.