Will Saleh survive this storm?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Feb 1, 2024.

1. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Not with this OL it isn't. We have to wait and see how the offseason plays out with FA and the draft. They can forget about keeping Rodgers healthy if there isn't a massive upgrade with the OL. If Rodgers gets hurt, then forget the playoffs.

SOJAZ, ouchy and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I am deeply jealous that Dallas' head coach and defensive coordinator are both going to be more qualified than our head coach to be our head coach.

3. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

At this point you could probably just pick any random coach off of any NFL staff and be likely to find someone who is more qualified to be our head coach than our head coach.

ouchy and Unhappyjetsfan like this.
  4. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I agree with you that it’s not. What I’m saying is the FO told Woody they’re a QB away. Woody naively believed them and paid Rodgers and friends a couple hundred mil. They then all came out and repeatedly told us fans they are a SB caliber team right now as constructed, and Rodgers was the final piece. Thats the standard I hold them to. Whether they live in reality or not is the sword they chose to die on, and frankly we’ll all be better off when they do fall on that sword. Squeaking into a WC one and done playoff appearance after a 7-10 season the year before is not success considering the SB caliber claims. Saleh and Douglas saying we’re a SB caliber roster that was QB away tells me they’re either delusional, liars, or both. Either way this team needs to be rid of them.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I’ve said it before but has there been any games where we can point to the win and credit Robert Saleh for outcoaching the opponent?

I can’t think of only 1: Eagles game this year

SOJAZ and REVISion like this.
  6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

and to be fair, vs Houston.... unfortunately plenty of blowouts fall on him as well

abyzmul and BrowningNagle like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

forgot about that game. I was largely checked out on the 2023 Jets by then. You are right he outcoached Ryans that day

stinkyB likes this.
  8. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Hire BB and we’d have one at QB and HC…

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Got the opening day win against Buffalo after Rodgers went down. Gotta give the coach credit there.

Acad23 likes this.
  10. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

NOt a one and his 18-33 record proves it...

11. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

And even in that one he only outcoached them because they got dumb and decided throw the ball at the end.

Well, I guess we know now that Robert did indeed "survive this storm". After all, he's seen Woody as mad as he's ever been. Really mad. But apparently not mad enough to be sent packing.

Ironic that he'd fire Mangini for collapsing after his aging veteran QB from Green Bay got hurt, causing them to miss the playoffs, but not our current illustrious HC who collapsed because his aging veteran QB from Green Bay got hurt, who hasn't accomplished even half of what Mangini did during the same amount of time as HC.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Houston is the only game where you can conceivably say he out coached the other team. Buffalo and the Eagles were nice feel good wins, but neither one was him out coaching anyone. Particularly the Eagles, the coach may have made a couple of the dumbest decisions ever in that game, outcoaching a guy by default doesn't count. It's the same thing as saying Zach Wilson "outplayed" some great quarterbacks early in the year.

Because you're at your normal level and someone else has a bad day it doesn't mean you outplayed or out coached them.

Ralebird, Since1969 and ouchy like this.
  13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Saleh and JD have to hope Roger’s gets us into playoffs
    Even a dope like Woody will realize he’s been fooled with their wild exaggerations of SB caliber team lmao

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Welcome to TGG.

stinkyB likes this.
  15. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Next season will be a disaster from one of two reasons- Rodgers gets hurt or just plain hits the over 40 wall and sucks. We suck again, but at least good chance everyone gets fired. Otherwise, Rodgers makes this putrid roster just good enough to squeak in the playoffs, which will force Woody to extend both Douglas and Saleh. Good times everyone!

ColoradoContrails likes this.