Will refs allow us hit Brady as much as we hit Dak?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 15, 2019.

1. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Love the post....

Falco21 likes this.
  2. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Halftime and we haven't even gotten close even with blitzing. Bottom line, we just have too few players that can win a 1- on 1 matchup consistently. Better question would be: Can our defense generate any pressure against Brady? So far, no.

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The refs are still waiting to decide.

4. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Ok, look at the game plan I suggested for the Jets. They didn't do a damn thing I suggested!

Let start with the defense. Williams did a good job getting pressure on Brady. But the defense did not cover the receivers for the first 2-3 seconds. They gave the receivers to much of a cushion. If you blitz Brady and refuse to play press coverage, you are asking to be taken apart by Brady. The defense was too long on the field and I suspect Williams has little confidence in his secondary hence the non-tight coverage.

But we all know the problem tonight was the offense. Answer this simple question, how many play-action passes did the Jets offense execute tonight? I talked about a hurry up offense so the Pats defense couldn't make substitutions. I guess your coach didn't believe in having the running game set up the pass either. The short passing game was non existant. With a weak offensive line that can't pass block for shit, why is the Jets offense going for long yardage passes? The fact that Sam and the offensive line can't deal with blitzes is going to cause other teams to copy what the Patriots did tonight. I think the whole offensive strategy tonight was horrible. Every time Sam got in shotgun formation with an empty set, you played right into the Pat's defense's wish. The fact that Sam was miked and said he was seeing ghosts illustrates how Belichick's scheme had him so confused.

I am so disappointed. I was hoping for a more competitive game even if the Jets lost. This is just horrible! I feel sorry for many of you on this board. You deserve better. Unfortunately, you simply don't have smart people managing your offense. In the meantime, someone needs to ask the genius Gase if he ever heard of the play action pass? Does he not realize short passes have a higher percentage of completion. Why not start with some simple short passes to get your QB some confidence? Gase needs to apologize to the team and fans for a horrible offensive coaching tonight. In the meantime, I hope this is a humbling experience for Sam and he learns from it.

5. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

0 sacks... I wasn't confident we could win but with the pats banged up I thought we could get to Brady. 0. Sacks.

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

The moment they stayed away from 5WR or an empty set there were guys running wide open in the secondary and Sam DID have time. But by the time Gase went away from that formation it was way, way to late. Sam was shook and missed every throw that was open.

7. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Brady won't even have to wash his uniform, pathetic

8. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

Of the many QB qualities brady has, the one that stood out yesterday was his pocket presence. Whenever they came close to him he managed to avoid them.

9. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

There are many outstanding QBs in the NFL like Russel, Mahomes, Rodgers, and Watson are just an example. He is definitely not the most athletic or best arm in the NFL. But what makes Brady special is his ability to dissect a defense, make the necessary calls, and pocket awareness. In my humble opinion, the only QBs that come close to him in pocket awareness over the years are Manning, Marino, Namath, and Unitas. One could argue he is the best pocket QB of all time.