Will Jon Joseph Last to 3rd Rd

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by vilmaisabeast, Mar 21, 2006.

1. vilmaisabeast

vilmaisabeast New Member

Will the CB Jonathon Joseph last until the 3rd ROund

If so we could draft
    #4:Mario/ or hawk if MArios taken
    #29:Mangold
    #35:Jon Scott
    3rd:Joseph???

2. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

I would love that being a future USC student, it could happen. He is fast, and a play-maker.

3. CMartinJET

CMartinJET New Member

Oh I hope some how the jets get this kid in green and white next year. He's a playmaker and reminds me of Dunta Robinson. Another 3rd round steal by the Jets. Of course I wouldn't mind if they went Victor Adeyanju DE our of Indiana. Not sure if i spelt that right, but he is a beast that gets to the quarterback. A sack master since we now have a empty spot.

4. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

We'd be lucky if he was there in the second round. I'd say there is about a 1% chance he falls to the third. He is starting to get some good pub so he is soaring up the board.

5. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I called Joseph the second he declared for the draft as this year's Ahmad Carroll, namely a lesser known corner from a major conference that would soar thanks to his 40 and game speed. Early 2nd right now, very possibly late first by April.

6. illmatic

illmatic New Member

correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Ahmad Batman Carroll been a pretty bad pro thus far?

7. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

haha dude i'm a freshman there right now....the games are going to be so awesome for you

anyway, JJ is a pretty good corner, but he is def. not ready to start for any NFL team. He is a very raw prospect who should have stayed in school for his senior season....he was a playmaker this year no doubt, but he also got burned/had mental lapses in coverage a fair amount of times....however, he def has the potential to be a shutdown top corner in this league, but it's def going to take a little longer than some more pro-ready prospects. I would take him at #35 if he was there.

The real South Carolina D-Back in this draft is FS Ko Simpson....this guy looked like a man among boys during the season this year....and no joke,he is one of the best safeties i have ever seen play the game....a ball-hawking playmaker, leader, and big hitter all in one....i can def. see him being the Ed Reed of this draft for sure (slipping to the 20's even though everyone knows he is legit), i am that confident in him

8. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

NOt sure about Joseph, but Jonathan Scott? I don't know, I'd rather have diehards on the line. Battlers, guys who will play because they love to play. Give me Whitworth over Scott any day. Just thought I'd interject that copletely off-topic comment here.

9. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

One in the same. Both are extremely raw, Carroll still hasn't completely adjusted.

As for Ko Simpson, he's a good player, just has some big issues. He never really had phenomenal game speed, it was much more his knack for finding the ball and reading what the offense was doing that got him so many big plays; that will be a tough adjustment to the NFL. That and how many sure INTs did he drop last year, kid needs to learn to hold onto the ball if he wants to be anywhere near Ed Reed.

10. vilmaisabeast

vilmaisabeast New Member

If Jon Scott played with some heart he could be a very good tackle. I think that the Jets could get that out of him. Emphasis on IF.

11. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

I agree with my friend GH ... right now I have Jon Joseph projected late in RD 1, but if that doesn't happen I can't see any worse than an early 2

This kid has nice size {5' 11"} and he's the second fastest player in the draft, only a tenth of a second behind Ty Hill at 4.31 ... and he was a heck of a player in college as well

That type of Corner does not escape the late one/early two range IMHO

12. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

...one hundreth of a second... :wink:

13. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

Well I Guess we Just foundout I better stick to discussing the draft cause Math is not my forte :grin:

Although some would say the draft is not my forte either :rolleyes: