Wilkerson Released.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Feb 28, 2018.

1. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Bye Felicia...you could have had your name in the ring of honor, instead you'll forever be remembered as just another Albert Haynesworth-type. Did well until you got the money.

2. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Well we now have close to 100 million dollars freed up and a QB in our sights that will soon be in Denver or Minny.

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If Mac doesn't sign Cousins and then drafts Chubb with Darnold on the board, he would be the worst GM in franchise history. Even Idzik wouldn't be that stupid.

Brook! and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  4. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

all be summed up by looking at the valuation of Alabama’s Minkah Fitzpatrick, the crown jewel of the 2018 DB class. In order to stand out and earn a first-round grade from teams this year, DBs are going to have to be truly spectacular and truly diverse. All Fitzpatrick had to do was master about six different positions while he was in college.

“He is the only guy I could tell you that could start at all six positions in an NFL defensive backfield,” draft guru Mike Mayock told Peter King. “Both corners, both safeties, the nickel and the dime. Nick Saban played him at a lot of his nickel and dime linebacker stuff. So he was tough enough to tackle, he’s fast enough to play corner, the NFL is a matchup league.

5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

A big factor that has to be considered when re-building this team needs to be the character of the players we are bringing in... this team has always had a void where it comes to leadership.
    Leo and Adams seem like guys to build around on the defensive side of the ball, along with Claiborne & Davis (if we re-sign)... Kearse seems like a good leader on O , but that side of the ball is going to change dramatically.

Sometimes signing guys that play in their hometown can be a detriment... I think that was the case with Mo.
    I'm sure he will rebound somewhere but this is addition by subtraction as far as i'm concerned.

6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Never the same after he broke his leg

FJF, Sam Hammer and Cman68 like this.
  7. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Mo goes down as my biggest disappointment in a Jets player. I just don't get it. He was my favorite player for a couple years, seemed like solid pillar to build a great line with. Not flashy, not just in it for sacks. Seemed like a hard worker and tough player. I was happy when Mac signed him. Maybe I favored him since he was from the same part on NJ that I'm from. I don't know... What a wasted Jets talent. I'm not bummed that he was released - he earned that, but I am really down about what's become of him as a New York Jet and what should have been. Coples, Sheldon, and now Wilkerson. All first round defensive linemen gone to waste. Holy sh*t.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  8. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

That is why it is better to gamble on impact players (OLB, RB, WR, QB) than it is to draft players that rarely make a difference. The amount of DLs that change games in comparison to the positions listed above is exponentially lower. Especially in the 3-4. Taking 3-4 DEs in the 1st round for 3 out of 4 years is the stupidest fucking thing possible.

#88 Martin&theJETS, Mar 1, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  9. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

First round DE here we come!!

I will have to think of a new name. Can't believe I bought the dude's jersey.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Name changes are free. let me know when you want yours done.

11. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

My first name was MVPennington. I'd be fine if that was still the case, people would call me MVP I think lol. But then I went with NYJalltheway and it's been 13 years, still happy now. Plus nyjatw is always available for username on other online things. I'm sure yours is always available too. Gotta think this stuff thru.

12. Cman68

yes indeed.. I started out here as Cman45 if that gives you some idea on a name change.

Brook! and HomeoftheJets like this.
  13. NYJalltheway

You're getting older? Lol

Brook! and Cman68 like this.
  14. Cman68

just a lil bit... :)

Brook! likes this.
  15. NYJalltheway

Well we all are. It's always sad when we see old threads with people like dino, soss badger, pam, jessie, 3rd and 15 draw, hell even byz lately who aren't around

Cman68 and jonnyd like this.
  16. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

The way people predictions Ellis would or Haynseworth or Harris or Ocho......

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  17. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Good. Now if they want to spend money on defense, they can get a 3-4 rush LB who is going to knock Brady on his ass 10 times a game.

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I would have bet my house that Mo was gone for a 3rd rounder before the ink was dry on Leonard William's contract. I was that sure Macc knew what he was doing.

I thought Macc's biggest mistake was paying Revis. But sending Harrison and Richardson packing in favor of Wilkerson was BY FAR his biggest blunder yet. Even bigger than Hackenburg.

How much rope does Macc get? He's been here 3 years and made 3 HUGE blunders.

Hell even John wasn't this bad.

Brook!, LAJet and tbruner12 like this.
  19. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Mac appears to suck worse more than I originally thought.
    Wilk needed to go. He didn't play at all under Bowles, yet flourished under Rex. Things that make you go Hmmmm? Mac and Bowles blow.

20. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

By not creating it to begin with