Why Yes, I would Trade Revis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RochesterJet, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Trade him for a Championship Trophy! Sign awesome players for free! Trade down for 19 first rounders! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Being an internet GM is fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

The Revis love is over the top. And his cap number is extraordinary.

He is our best player for sure- but hes a CORNER.

If we had a QB as good as Revis is a corner..or a pass rusher...or a LB...we'd be far better off.

Saying Revis is untradable is moronic

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Right. I brainfart once in a while.

By the way, wasn't Tannenbaum known for ass-raping other GMs? Where did that go? Now is the time to make it happen!

4. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Cool, let's get rid of all our good/great players and get back picks, then when they get good trade them as well...

5. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

There is two things to consider:

1. Will we be able to resign Revis on his next contract without crippling the entire team?

2, Can we use what we get for Revis to get a true franchise QB.

I think the answer to #1 50-50 at best.

The answer to #2 depends on whether they feel RG3 is a franchise QB and a better prospect that Sanchez.

If yes, then I would trade Revis ( and also Sanchez) to get RG3. It would not be a bad way to go. Many would hate it, but if you think RG3 is a once a decade type opportunity then you go for it.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You don't trade Revis to get one guy, let alone your first round QB you recently traded up for along with him to get one guy. If you trade Revis you want the Herschel Walker trade deal so you can build a championship caliber team for years to come.

7. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I think evry team should trade their best player to add depth. This way every team has depth instead of difference makers.

Ummmmmmm...... not gonna happen......

8. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

JPP
    Rodgers
    Brees
    Suh
    P. Willis

Only guys I'd even think of trading Revis for (probably missing a few others, but that's off the top of my head).

9. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Trading Revis for Willis would make absolutely 0 sense.

Unless then were gonna trade Harris for a corner.

Maybe we could even get Revis for Harris and a first !

Not to mention I think having the #1 corner > having the #1 MLB when this league is all about passing

10. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I want to punch this thread in its thread-face a numerous amount of times.

11. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

Well it doesn't really matter anyways since Revis isn't going anywhere. It would make zero football and PR sense.

12. TheNacho

TheNacho Bench Warmer

Trading elite players in their prime is what stupid teams do.

This thread needs to be lit on fire.

13. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

I do. Revis is just too good to even think of trading away. He was one of the reasons we were in back to back AFC Championships. No way should we trade him.

14. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

Idiots.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

As a safety, Revis would be untradeable. He would have multi-functional roles that are invaluable to a defense, and he could call signals better than most on field signal callers.

As a corner, as great as he is, with the Jets' current scenario and with his contract and history of holdouts, he may be more valuable as trade currency than as a cornerback.

This is coming from a huge Revis fan and someone that marvels at his dominance. It's time to call a spade a spade.

16. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

The best defender can't be a cornerback because cornerback is least important position on defence in today's NFL. The best defender is a guy who gets double digit sacks and sucks up double teams.

Both the Giants and Pats got to the SuperBowl with utter garbage secondaries.

Cornerbacks don't matter.

17. patfanken

patfanken Banned

Poor Jet fan, playing the unpopular and unheeded to role of Cassandra of Troy. It may be the truth, FG, but no one here wants to hear it. You are a prophet with no audience.....except me. :wink:

BTW - None of you guys are thinking about what other GMs would think if the Jets offered up Revis for trade. Please tell me why they would trade for a player who might be the best CB in the league, but who plays in a defense unique to the Jets, Cowboys, and Ravens; comes with a cap busting contract, and who could walk in just 2 years. Why would I want to invest THAT much of my limited resources into one player, AND give up multiple premium draft picks besides. Just ask how the Eagles are feeling about their "premium CB" pick up last season. And that one didn't cost them a draft pick. Ya think they might want a do over. :wink:

Based on the above facts, I think the only GM in the league who would consider a Revis trade would be Tanny the star struck GM of the Jets :rolleyes:

18. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Revis for DeMarcus Ware or GTFO.

19. TheNacho

TheNacho Bench Warmer

You do realize the NFL is a "passing" league now, right?

I'm not going to overvalue Revis, but to say the cornerback position doesn't matter in today's NFL, is asinine.

20. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

This would be completely idiotic. Would the Steelers trade Polamalu or would the Cowboys trade Ware, especially since they have holes to fill at other positions on defense?