Why would any respectable head coach candidate come to the Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Oct 12, 2014.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Because he had control of the team, duh. What a concept huh?

you think the coach that comes here is going to have control? sure

2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Adrian Peterson would disagree, you legendary Street Fighting Man

74 likes this.
  3. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Well, obviously, any coach with the resume of Bill Parcells is going to be offered a say in controlling the team . . . duh.

The point is, he came here.

Unless you are arguing that, for some strange reason, it would not be possible for another big name coach to come here again and be offered control?

Again, this thread is moronic.

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

You havent proven anything, all you have done is call it moronic, yet havent provided anything to actually prove its moronic.

I on the other have shown that history says top canidates dont go to dysfunctional teams, all from recent years. If you are trying to deny the fact the Jets are dysfunctional, then you are lost, because between the GM and the Owner, its pretty much as bad as it gets right now, ill give you Oakland, they are worse, but that's about it.

5. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

There are teams every year that are as bad or worse than the Jets that have no issue hiring a new head coach.

50 million in cap space, top 5 pick, good young defensive line, good running back.

They might not get Cowher lol, but getting a new HC wont be an issue, if thats the route they take.

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Slimjasi lives in some reality in which he believes that guys like Shaw, Quinn, Gase, do not pay attention to the potential job openings around league. He thinks they dont hear the reports of Idzik under heavy fire....I mean are you serious? or you just trolling me? I hope you are not being serious....

7. Geno Da Meano_

Geno Da Meano_ Active Member

Get Dan Quinn from Seattle.

Have him lure Byron Maxwell and one of KJ Wright or Malcom Smith with him.

Switch to a 4-3.

Dee Milliner could play very excel in my opinion if he's used in zone a little more.

8. slimjasi

Again, with the "prove" bullshit.

I highlighted several obvious reasons why the fundamental tenets of your argument are moronic. You ignored them.

You made a silly thread and you're getting widely lambasted for it. Deal with it.

9. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

The Jets will not have any problems finding a head coach. This is New York City after all, the biggest, greatest city in the United States of America and probably the world. We have money, we have a fan base, we have a football stadium; they will come. Before, Rex came I wanted a defense that could hit Tom Brady into the turf; we almost got there, but our secondary fell apart with the injury to Revis and ensuing "cap hell" (Rex, at least give me a final gift of qb destruction named the fall of Tom Brady this Thursday night).

The mountain that was "cap hell" was too high for Rex to climb out of and with Idzik new approach building will be completed through the draft and less expensive contracts (ie less big name free agents). The point and fact of the matter is defense is going to decline fast after Rex leaves, but in turn we will probably now build one of the better offenses in the league (which is the trend of the NFL and the way in which we must turn onto).

Deliver us a brand new Offensive line, a brand new quarterback and a plethora of pass catching, bruising speedsters

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I shot down everyone of your responses, get over it. Prove something instead of spewing hate posts you troll.

11. slimjasi

Hmmm . . . . Unfortunately for you, I never once argued (or even implied) that guys don't turn down head coaching positions.

Reading is still fundamental.

12. slimjasi

Nope, you just ignored them. Your only response to me besides the inordinately moronic statement that I didn't "prove" anything was based on the similarly moronic notion that my argument could be summed up by NY being awesome. Unfortunately for you, that wasn't my argument.

Reading is still fundamental.

13. slimjasi

1) Mike Shanahan going to Washington in 2010.

2) Bill Parcells going to New England in 1993.

3) Bill Parcells going to the Jets in 1997.

4) Joe Gibbs returning to Washington in 2004.

Don't these four statements, in and of themselves, destroy the notion that well-respected coaches don't go to "dysfunctional" teams???

So yeah . . . this thread is really fucking stupid.

14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Soxx this is a pretty terrible thread.

How many coaches go to teams that are perfect and playoff bound?

15. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

Soxx, you said no respectable candidate would come to the New York Jets. We don't know if Shaw (who could prefer college for all we know) or Gase would turn down the Jets or not. But Shaw and Gase are not the only respectable candidates, now are they? The Jets aren't in the best situation, but HC positions on good teams don't open up very often. There's plenty of cap space to spend, and Woody Johnson has been plenty patient with his head coaches. You're acting like the Jets are the Raiders, an organization that's been completely dysfunctional for a decade now and has showed their Head Coaches zero patience.

16. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

-Shanahan, came in with a new GM -PWNED
    -Gibbs was the president and had control - PWNED
    -Parcells came to the Jets and had full control -PWNED

Keep burying yourself, no respectable canidate is coming here if Idzik has control. The Jets are dysfunctional as long as Idzik is here, if they get rid of Idzik, they wont be dysfunctional. Simple as that.

But keep pwning yourself, gives me free lulz.

17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Terrible thread yet no one has actually proven it wrong, ive responded to every crazy response thrown out here with actual examples from recent history.

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Shaw and Gase wont come here, its not even a question. Neither will Quin or Harbaugh, unless we have a new general manager.

19. slimjasi

In order for this post to be relevant, even in the slightest, you'd have to believe that it would be impossible for a big name head coach to come here and be offered control. But, of course, this would be a moronic argument. (Unless you think Woody giving control to a Gruden or Harbaugh type is, somehow, a logical impossibility????)

Moronic thread is moronic.

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

LOL you havent provided anything, ive shot down every one of your posts. Keep resorting to cheap tactics, maybe try proving a point?

You have yet to name a single respectable head coach that has aligned himself with a general manager that is under as much fire as Idzik entering his third year, I am still waiting and we are 5 pages deep.

All you did was bring up examples of guys who were given control, thats not relevant because whoever comes here is not getting control of the team.

Come on man, ill be waiting, just name one, if its so easy it shouldnt be he hard to find, PWN me please, its there for the taking Slimjasi.