Why? Who? How?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by fansince90, Jan 29, 2018.

1. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Why did we pick Stewart while Kareem Hunt was available? Who made the decision? How can that person be a trusted talent evaluator? Not saying Stewart wont turn out to be as valuable but...Kareem Hunt has already proven he is an above average player.

tbruner12 likes this.
  2. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

NYJ79, tbruner12, almbleamal and 8 others like this.
  3. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Don't worry Darron lee was BPA, he is gonna come into his own soon, don't worry Leonard Williams was BPA he just needs 2 elite pass rushers to open things up for him, don't worry Adams was BPA he just needs elite corners so he can start forcing turnovers at a higher rate! Don't worry it was a great idea to take two meh receivers in round 3 and 4 back to back, they were BPA!

BPA fucking sucks

4. playtowinthegame

With Mac BPA stands for: Boringest Player Available

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Mac's problem isn't his BPA philosophy. It's that he has no fucking clue who the BPA is.

NYJ79, KWJetsFan, tbruner12 and 17 others like this.
  6. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

The fact is ALL of his drafts have been so-so. This guy has yet to pick a single player that jumps off the page at you. Overall, I like his 2017 draft, but I will admit passing on Alvin Kamara at this point looks like rather egregious error.

7. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

The fact is ALL of his drafts have been so-so. This guy has yet to pick a single player that jumps off the page at you. Overall, I like his 2017 draft, but I will admit passing on Alvin Kamara at this point looks like a rather egregious error.

fansince90 likes this.
  8. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Those first 4 picks included 2 first rounders a second and third. Those picks were all 67 or higher. Its easier to find multiple starters when you have multiple high picks. The Jets picked two starters within that range and then seemed to whiff on pick 79 with Stewart.

Lattimore was rookie of the year but the Injury bug knock on him was founded. He only played in 13 games. His talent is obvious and was predraft, but so were the injuries.

I'm not a huge fan of Mac's ability to draft on the offensive side of the ball at all right now. So many misses. He appears to do a little better with his defensive picks, That said if we dont get a big haul from this draft his days are numbered here.

9. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

This.

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I wish I could triple like this.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This might be the signature post of the year!

12. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Yep. I agree.

13. oldrover

oldrover Member

A lot of people missed Hunt. And Kamara. Neither was taken until the 3rd round.

http://insider.espn.com/nfl/draft/positions/_/id/9/year/2017

BomberJet likes this.
  14. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, sure. After he puts up the numbers this season, passing on him was an error.

You can't look into the future before you make the pick.

15. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

But of course, that won't matter because the posters who have an agenda have to find reasons to post their agenda.

"Not saying that Stewart won't be as valuable".....???? but lets just hint at the 'B' word just to cover my a$$.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  16. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

So, this is a bitch fest thread. Great.....

Williams and Adams are fine. Maybe we could have you draft for us, as I'm sure you would have nailed the Kareem Hunt pick without the benefit of 20/20.

BomberJet, Ozymandias and Skicats like this.
  17. playtowinthegame

I can't even find 4 Jets draft picks out of all of the Mac 22 that compare to the first 4 picks in the Saints 2017 draft. That's pathetic when you consider he's picked 6, 37, 20, 51, 6, and 39 on the first day of the past 3 drafts. What's funny is the place Mac came from (Houston) traded up and got Deshaun Watson. Meanwhile in Gang Green Nation, we're hoping for Christian Hackenberg to play a game after 2 years, then hoping Kirk Chokesins will pick us. The Jets are going to have to shell out a lot of money this free agency to make up for all of Mac's unremarkable drafts picks.

18. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

I saw flashes of talent from Stewart. I thought he earned more time.. Maybe that's part of the reason Morton was fired? I also wonder if Mac relies on the fact that if Saban or other top coaches recruited a particular player then he cant go wrong. Recent players are coming from major program.

BomberJet likes this.
  19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Macdoodling and Toilet Bowles rewarded for nincumpoopery..2 year extensions..pretty hard to believe

tbruner12 and playtowinthegame like this.
  20. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I initially like the hiring of Macc because he was a former scout. The Jets haven't had anyone close to that since Bradway. But he is not qualified to be a GM. His drafts are not so-so they are below average. No impact players wasting draft capital on defensive players in the first round. His inability to find a QB or passing on QB's. Just don't understand his logic. You can see the areas the Jets need improvement and yet he does nothing about it.