Who will be at Metlife this Sunday? (Dolphins game edition)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 12, 2018.

1. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Syracuse 20 Florida St. 0
    3rd Quarter 3:29

Falco21 likes this.
  2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

You don't need to remind me lol

I'm watching it haha

playtowinthegame likes this.
  3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Whoever said it was opposing teams fans? Ed is hot-topic with Jets fans. Surprising number seem jealous he gets the attention. I met him at bar after a game years and years ago and didn't like him. But, there's nothing like that chant in a full stadium at the right moment, and I for one can not wait to experience that again thanks to him. If you have not been in the stadium to experience a good one, I can say there's nothing like it. That complete hush over the stadium he's able to achieve just before the chant is pretty incredible.

To recap: I'm not a huge Ed fan. I love the chant at home games. Ed is the king at leading that chant at home games. Therefore, I am happy he'll be there tomorrow, and there's a pretty good chance I won't have to hang out with him ; )

Brook! likes this.
  4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I'm gonna be there!

Brook! likes this.
  5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Good point LS2RJ

You don't have to like the guy. I am no different to him. He can be world's nicest guy or he can be world's bigges a.hole. No difference. As long as he makes the J-E-T-S chant better he is OK in my book. Heck I hate some people who work for me. As long as they get the job done they will get good reviews from me during evaluations.

That said,

Folks, as your friendly moderator let me know how many of you can make to Lot D to join me and my 2 big Italian brothers from Brooklyn. Bring your own food but your beers on me if you can let me know 8 pm tonight. Again, PM me and your beers will be covered.

@GQMartin - Still planning to run or no?

@Poeman - If you are close to Lot D, PM me and I will share my cell. I would like to meet you my brother.

@Royal Tee - You are welcome to join me and my big bros at Lot D after yor fancy breakfast.

@Cortlan - If you and your BF don't like your own tailgate come over to Lot D for a few beers.

@No Fly Zone - Brother, you don't seem online often. Like I said before, bring your own food but would love to have you in my tailgate at Lot D. We will be there after around 9:30 AM.

J-E-T-S, JETS! JETS! JETS!

Poeman likes this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Row J ,You are correct,,he said he was harassed and not necessarily visiting fans it could have been anyone even Jet fans.I hope he is not bothered again or any more. We all enjoyed the chant that said I also met him and he is an ass clown. Enjoy the game and the chant ,hopefully they show up against the Fish and the fireman stays out of seclusion.

LogeSection2RowJ and Brook! like this.
  7. Brook!

C

I watched a video of him being harassed by Jets fans at Metlife. It was sad to watch.This was a few years back. That's why I never judged him when he bailed. I hope this time it is different as we are heading to sunny days with Darnold.

CBG likes this.
  8. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

This thread is getting me excited for my trip in October...tailgating is so different to my experiences in England watching soccer... just stay in the pub until the last minute and then leg it to the game.

Hope to see some of you again and maybe some new faces... let me know what you me to bring from England. (Tea, obviously, but what else) :)

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook no one should get bothered or bullied we are all there to enjoy the game. That said its out there and you know some idiot or idiots are going to still do it

Brook! likes this.
  10. Brook!

Okay. Can't wait to see you donkey. Like I said to you before, PM me and your tailgate is on me. I will make sure you will have a good time. Tea? I love it. Bring me Earl Gray tee and we are good. Lol. I go to London time to time. Did I tell you I lived in North London for 6 months? Edgware to be exact. Can't wait to see you brother. Bring @Leicester Jet with you please.

donkey likes this.
  11. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Never met Leicester Jet, often wondered if I'd see another Jets jersey in Leicester... and if it I did would it be Leicester Jet? I can bring you the best Earl Grey... But remember, no milk in Earl Grey. :)

Brook! likes this.
  12. Brook!

No worries. We don't add milk to our tea in Turkey anyway brother. :)

donkey likes this.
  13. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

:)

Next time you're in London let me know, if I can make it down I will. I'm always happy going back to my home town.

Brook! likes this.
  14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Just don't bring Woody! :p

donkey and Brook! like this.
  15. Brook!

Well ,I wanted to bring my kids to London this Christmas but wife overruled. Instead we are on a 10 day trip tp Lisbon, Barcelona and Zurich this December. Summer 2019 London is in the plans. I want to take my boys to a Tottenham game where I frequented back in 1999.

donkey likes this.
  16. Cortlan

Cortlan New Member

Thanks for the invite, super kind of you! We will be in Lot E. Will come pass to say hello.

Brook! likes this.
  17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Brook I havent read the whole thread but what time are you gonna be there? I will be taking the NJ transit in withba friend and can roll by to say hi before game time

18. Brook!

Sent you my cell thru PM. Call me after 10:00. Lot D.

19. Longislandjetfan

Longislandjetfan Active Member

I’ll be making my way out there tommorrow with a large group for a great tailgate and hoping what will be a big Jets win. Taking nothing for granted with the fish I think it will tough hoping for a repeat of last years home opener against them when we shut them down. As one poster said earlier the Dolphins have and always will be the Jets main rival. Once Brady and Belechick retire I see the rivalry with the Pats losing alot of its heat. Jets and Dolphins the original afc east rivalry sorry pats fans it’s just the way it is. Nobody really cared that much about the pats years ago.

Brook! likes this.
  20. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Like Ed or not, his chant is literally global

Just enjoy the moment

When there is a unified monster J E T S chant going live it sends shivers down my spine

Can’t we all just get along?