Who Should be Coach in 2021?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Linebacker712, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

So, the title says it all. Who should be the next coach? I know that GW will probably take over as interim HC should Gase get the boot before the end of the season, but would he be a good long term solution? If not him, who else does everyone here have in mind?

I know that Eric Bieniemy's name gets thrown around a lot. Of course, there's always the question in cases with the "hottest coordinator candidate" about whether he's a good coach, or if he owes his success to the Andy Reid or Patrick Mahomes (and with every coach we've had since Parcells, it's been the latter two factors, obviously).

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Too soon to say because I don't know who will be available.

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

a Discussion that needs to be had.
    I always say this when the "Fire" this guy starts....
    You need to replace him with someone who can upgrade the team not just keep it at the same shitty level.
    rn I'm for giving GW the helm and keeping the OC but let GW make all the game decisions.

We can't afford to have Sam learn another offense rn, the issue is game calling/management

blackssmagic likes this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Good Post

But I got Nuttin ATM

Maybe raid College coaching ranks

boozer32 and Royal Tee like this.
  5. Linebacker712

I've heard people kicking around Shawn Jefferson's name as well. That would keep a similar system being that he's the AHC.

Royal Tee likes this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Lincoln Riley. Offer him whatever it takes. He’s consistently taken any QB thrown his way and made him a stud.

PJ4Ever, KY Jets Fan and blackssmagic like this.
  7. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

How about Eric Bieniemy KC offensive coordinator??Think we need someone to come from a winning program

rickjet, rammagen and Royal Tee like this.
  8. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Jerry Jeudy.

Obviously.

It's like some of you haven't even been here this offseason.

9. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I don’t know. I’m happy to pay Charley Casserly to tell me who it should be.

ukjetsfan, legler82, tomdeb and 4 others like this.
  10. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Stay the course. End the cycle of firing-hiring-firing-hiring.

I only say that because I feel they may have pulled the trigger on firing MacCagnan too soon to me it looks like he had the team going in the right direction talent-wise. The GM change cost us two of our best players Adams & Robby.

Another HC change will likely cost us more players and Gregg Williams he continues to amaze me. I knew he was good he's even better than I thought before.

If Gase must go I say make Williams the HC period not interim but I have a feeling the Jets wouldn't go in that direction. I'd hate to lose Gregg Williams.

Perhaps force Gase to hire a OC and stop calling the plays? Something I've seen done on other teams.

I'm beginning to have strong doubts about Darnold. I'm not seeing anything exceptional about him.

azhar80 likes this.
  11. twown

twown Well-Known Member

The "countdown to kickoff" thread was never anything more than a countdown to this thread here.

ukjetsfan, ouchy, MoWilkBeast and 8 others like this.
  12. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

Hope your just joking about firing Mike to soon and I was one of his biggest supporters, he didnt do anything worth staying around for.

13. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Chad Pennington is a coach now, just sayin’.

14. Linebacker712

They gave him 5 years, and he never did anything except ignore key positions and draft BPA. Thus far, with the exception of Adams and Maye, every single person he drafted has been a bust. Even when he had top edge rushers available to him last year, he STILL ignored the position and picked up yet another DT we didn't need. How did we pull the trigger "too early" with him? How were we going "in the right direction" talent wise?

The hiring-firing cycle continues because we keep hiring HCs and GMs who are inept. It's not that they're not getting enough time to get things done. They are being given usually between 3 to 6 seasons, and so far all of them never improve in any way, shape or form. How is keeping someone who is unable to succeed a good plan?

PJ4Ever and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. Royal Tee

I want someone who has experience, we keep giving these fukin nubs a chance and they don't produce anything.

16. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

No way. The defense was total ass. How is he going to make the whole team better if he can't even make a defense decent?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

17. Royal Tee

You can't expect a D that's out there 41+ minutes to be effective, That's crazy.
    The Bills had the ball for more than 20 minutes, while the Jets only had the ball for nine minutes in the first half!

18. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

There's no doubt in my mind that MacCagnan if he were still here would've re-signed Adams & Robby.

And I think he would've done what Douglas did draft the best available OT the difference is I think he would've loaded up at WR in this past draft the WR draft class was that strong & Darnold was his guy. Why not?

Stay the course with Gase if we lose Gase more than likely we lose Gregg Williams and good players that may be thriving. Different people come in with different visions of how things should be done, maybe they won't get along with a good player that's here. Three or four years later when they go the cycle repeats.

End the cycle.

Joe Douglas is here because of Gase. They already made the monumental decision to trade away Adams and let our #1 WR walk.

Let them see this thing through.

azhar80 likes this.
  19. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Joe Douglas doesn't have the authority to fire Gase because of the organizational structure, besides the fact that they appear to be tied at the hip.
    We need for Gase to mature as a coach or we're stuck with him until Chris Johnson is embarrassed into making a move.

legler82 likes this.
  20. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'm not sold on Gase, but it's too soon to have this discussion.