Who is your Favorite Jets QB since New Era of the Franchise? (1997-Now)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Nov 19, 2011.

?

Who is your Favorite/Best Jets QB?

1. Vinny Testaverde

35.6%
  2. Chad Pennington

33.5%
  3. Kellen Clemens

0.9%
  4. Brett Favre

3.0%
  5. Mark Sanchez

18.0%
  6. Ray Lucas

0.9%
  7. Glenn Foley

1.3%
  8. Quincy Carter

1.7%
  9. Brooks Bollinger

2.1%
  10. Other (How did I forget him?)

3.0%
  1. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I've got a thing for gingers, so I went will Foley.

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Pennington and Sanchez. I'm happy with both of those guys.

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

In that order. With either Coordinator Pre Schitty, Sanchez is a star by now.

And, He's got at least a decade to provide more.

Vinny was the beginning of the Resurrection of the Franchise. (And the Monday Night Miracle)
    Bill brought him here, stopped making him go outside the numbers and down the field, made him great.

Penny, Home grown product, led us to the great 02 run, but the China Doll and Noodle Arm syndrome detracts.

Favre? Cmon...at 8-3 anyone that says the weren't loving him is lying. and let's face it it started week one when he Bet Penny and Phags

Hon. Mention. Ray Lucas.

#63 Hobbes3259, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  4. I Still Heart Chad

Chad ...Vinny...Mark , not like that was obvious from the name or anything...

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Anj gives Kellen Clemens a vote. Nice guy.

6. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

vinny all the way so far.
    that first drive up the field in '99 on the way to a touchdown against the patriots, and he just went down. talk about letting the air out of the stadium. after losing on a broken play to mcCaffrey on the broncos the year before in the AFCCG, and then Vinny going down on the very first drive in '99, i was thoroughly pissed off and cursed life. '98 was a broken play away, and '99 was just bad luck. they had the players.

7. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Chad Pennington, the most accurate passer in the NFL, and all-around classy guy.

8. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I like Chad Pennington, I really do. One of the smartest QBs to ever play in my opinion. But my favorite player of all time is Wayne Chrebet and Pennington, with his floaters that take forever to get to the WR, got him killed. I was at Wayne Chrebet's last game and I watched that pass take it's sweet time to get to Chrebet. When he got hit, I said to my friend, "That's it, Chrebet's done after that hit!"

So I chose Favre. I love Favre and I enjoyed having him on the Jets even if he sabotaged us at the end.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

You do know that last pass was from Brooks Bollinger, right? Wayne had concussion problems long before Chad became the QB

10. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

Chad was my favorite by a long way (Vinny is 2nd because of the awesome season).....I hated Ken O'Brien at the time, but in hindsight, he was pretty good. Chad had a chance to be something real special if he wasn't made of glass. That effin Giant preseason game forever changed the course of his career, and he still managed 2 comeback player of the year awards. Sanchez still drives me bat shit crazy sometimes.

11. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

That bastard!

Seriously though, Chad P. left receivers hanging which was not awesome.

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

All the Chad Love here after Sanchez has been having his problems is really adding insult to injury.

Chadwick was too fragile. He missed too many games. The team was unprepared to play with him out, obviously, and then for some games would have to game plan around his latest physical limitations. This is a huge issue and one very much to his discredit.

He could not throw the out pass twenty yards down the field.

He could not run the two minute drill with ANY consistency. As a consequence he could not bring the team back from more than a score down with twenty minutes or less in the game (and that should be plenty of time).

The time the Jets went furthest in the playoffs while he was Qb, he led the team to a grand total of three points on O.

All this Chad Love for him also is pretty good evidence he's probably a vampire or something. Just be happy he's no longer our Qb. I mean at least Sanchez has an arm and hasn't been in the hospital twice already in the last two plus seasons. Not to mention three times.

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Remember how bad Jay Fiedler was at that too, or depending on how you look at it, how "good" he was at it? It was as if him and Chadwick were having a contest to see how quickly they could get their receivers in traction or worse.

14. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Team Chad.

15. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Vinny.

He was always in the game despite the score. Yes he was Mr. interception but some how he seemed to make up for it and win.

16. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Vinny Testaverde is my favorite Jets QB by far. I always felt we had a chance to win with him in the game, and our offense was pretty good with him under center. 99 was our year and it was a shame he blew out his achilles.

17. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

When I saw people suggesting that Chad would be perfect for our offense my head nearly exploded.

Never mind that he had the worst full season of his career under Schotty already. Or that he wouldn't survive one game behind this OL.

18. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Rememebr that game where they had the brilliant idea to have Vinny start the first half and chad start the 2nd? That was damned retarded and it showed on the field.

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Chad's return in Philly in 2003? Yeah, I remember that. Vinny had that flea flicker bomb TD. Then Chad replaced him and the Jets lost. Chad had a perfect pass to Chrebet I remember though. I thought it was intercepted.

20. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Yea and they criticized vinny saying that he underthrew that pass, he laughed and said the guy was that wide open that he didnt see the need to risk hitting him in stride.

Made sense but i do kinda rememeber them catching it almost like a punt haha, who was it Moss?