Who is the one player you would HATE to see the Jets draft in the 1st?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PRPitbull, Apr 19, 2006.

?

Who dont you want us to draft

Poll closed Apr 29, 2006.
  1. Matt Leinart

28 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. Vince Young

49 vote(s)
    24.1%
  3. Mario Williams

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  4. Jay Cutler

41 vote(s)
    20.2%
  5. D'Brickashaw Ferguson

34 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. Vernon Davis

41 vote(s)
    20.2%
  7. AJ Hawk

8 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. dclark26

dclark26 New Member

Please no TE or center. There will be plenty of choices at those posistions in the later rounds.

2. parafly

parafly New Member

Baker, Jolley, and Dressen do not "suck." They are all very servicable, and I'm sure that Mangini and Schottenheimer will give each of them a role to succeed. Baker has a good combination of catching and run blocking skills, Jolley can be an effective pass catcher if used correctly, and Dressen is young and has the potential to develop. If we were planning on signing Vernon Davis, we would have never resigned Baker. What the hell is the point of having 4 TE's on the team considering the state of the rest of our offense?

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

You need to have at least 7 TE's on the roster in case the first 6 get injured.

4. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I said Hawk because we already have about 9 LB's on the roster.

5. Tenn_JetsFanatic

WE dont need a TE

6. MyFavoriteMartin28

MyFavoriteMartin28 New Member

Would have to be either Boller...not boller i meant cutler or Davis. Talk about overhyped and overrated, Cutler was better off not showing up at the combine with some of the #'s he put up. Someone also mentioned he looked bad in the senior bowl, i unfortunately missd some of it so i can't state my opion on how he looked there. And Vernon i think would be a waste of time, we don't DEPSERATLY need a t.e..If they did this i would think right off the bat...another LOOOOONG season of sitting in the Meadowlands and watching the circus.:martin:

7. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

I agree with most of the thread by saying Cutler AND Young. I don't think that Cutler is consistent enough to be a great QB in the NFL, unless he is lucky like the one he is modelled after (Bret Farve) and gets an excellent receiving core. He has that gunslinger arm that Farve does but when I watched the senior bowl not a single WR could easily catch his passes.... he's going to be Farve in all the wrong ways unless his team can get 2 or 3 sure-handed receivers to catch his passes (See: Arizona Cardinals)

I like Young's arm and legs and he is one of the best college football players I have ever seen, but I just can't see how he can change his throwing motion and learn the dropback offense at the same time and be productive in a year or two. I don't want a franchise QB that takes us 3 years to develop.

8. GeshJet

GeshJet Active Member

I voted Cutler, and find this poll and the results to be interesting. Looking at it negatively, virtually nobody would be upset with selecting Williams, even on a team that has offense as the pressing area of need.

9. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

You do know you can cut crappy players. This isnt MLB or the NBA where they have guaranteed contracts. Literally, if you combine all our TEs, they still dont form 1 good TE.

10. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

That's also why most NFL scouts consider him the second best player in the entire draft, right?

D'Brick fans are so touchy. :rofl2: