who is on your ignore list?

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by alleycat9, Apr 27, 2013.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it was a great place back in the glory days! i can remember petro posting on an espn forum about how he was going to start a site. i think i was a pretty early joiner. i had never really been a part of a sports message board before and strangely i have never really gotten involved in another site, jets related or any of the other teams i follow.

there is something about this place i enjoy, shit i can remember posting the arguing on the internet is like fighting in the special olympics picture and getting torn up by petro, he was fucking pissed. i had to act like a big boy around here cause they werent taking any shit from anyone.

ill tell you what abyz, i am going to unignore junc, champ stays hobbes... fuck it ill unignore him too.

2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Good for you alley....i think everyone should just give it a shot...wipe the ignore button clean.

And use the fact that its empty now like therapy...and when that person gets on your nerves just say "even though you are really getting on my nerves I will not ignore you". lol...perhaps we can make TGG a more civil place.

When I make a comment about a post by someone or offer an opinion (which I know could be wrong or right...who is perfect) the only time I get really pissed off is when someone starts off with something like this "Thats so stupid...or...I guess you do not watch this team or that team" etc.

Instead of just stating that you really disagree with me....period..then state your case. Life around here would be much smoother and more posters would get involved if you just really think about what your about to post. How will the other person interpret what you are saying? Disagree...strongly...but be more invested in your point instead of the poster. Crap like that.

Hey..Im really not trying to preach....I just think there are some really good..thoughtful..keen...and for the most part..nice people around here until someone throws the first snowball.

3. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I remember the old Abyz as being one of the funniest posters I have ever seen on any board. You just cracked me up...sundayjack too. Great stuff.

Then you got old an ornery. Lol..just kidding. I totally get when you are at a site for so many years the frustration of some posters on you. I actually think there has been a kinder and gentler abyz lately....most of the time....lol...and you do still crack me up.

Those were great great days abyz. Great days. The funny thing is I remember getting into a huge fight with Tony because he said the same thing...I was here about 2 years and Tony was going on and on about how TGG wasnt the same or as good as it was earlier....lol...I took it personal and had a few choice words for him.

Tony...classy guy that he is, sent me a PM telling me to chill...it wasnt directed at me and then threw some compliments my way. Classic Tony. Good guy.

Yeah....cman..junc..alley...damn...greenguy.

TGG will always survive because it has some old timers that have been here awhile and the good new guys that will always walk through the door. Perhaps its a bit of a lull now but I think its like a roller coaster...up and down..and its about to go back up now...just a hunch.

#43 jaywayne12, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  4. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

why would anyone have champ on ignore? he's the best/funniest poster on TGG and he types the way Jerome speaks on WFAN. I'm always cracking up

5. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The only person to ever make my ignore list was Johnny English. I don't even remember what he said at this point but I remember it being some kind of tasteless 9/11 joke. Would never ignore anyone for football opinions. Oh, and Champ is awesome. Like Junc said, he adds to the personality of this board.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I enjoy champ... sadly he is what I'll become if I have to wait another 15+ years to see this team win a Super Bowl. I'll almost be 50 then and will have suffered through 40+ years of close but no cigar and heartbreak.

I don't know why anybody would have junc on ignore. I think it means you have a fragile ego if you do. He's a smart poster who remembers shit most of us didn't even know happened. When you know you're right if you need him to tell you you're right you've got no balls. Why do you give a shit if you know you're right what he thinks? I've had many debates with him over the years and there've been times I was right and walked away and there are times I've been wrong and walked away. He doesn't rub it in your face when you're wrong, he's not a douchebag he just likes to debate.

7. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Haha, the hilarious part about this thread is that I have the OP on ignore.

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Admitting, or bragging about using the ignore feature...is the TGG equivalent of coming out of the closet.

If you want to ignore someone.,,ignore them and get on with it, bragging about is gay.

Starting a thread about it, is more flaming than a California wildfire,

Also, Junc it explains why the OP doesnt inderstand the June 1 designation and still keeps making Red X's on his calendar and posting to you about it.

So, you are on his ignore list, but he posts to you.

Is that psychotic, or just gay...?

9. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

You want hilarious, see above.