Who gets fired?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by dawinner127, Dec 29, 2019.

1. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I think MM may turn them down. Its the browns, and there is a lot of drama on the team. Idk I could be wrong. Browns have a lot of talent but thats not always good especially with all the personalities there. Kitchen was way worse the Williams woild have been but I agree I'm not a supporter of Williams as an HC. They need a good coach to tie it all together. MM could do that but he also brings baggage.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Browns job is going to be a hard sell because of Mayfield. Not because of his talents but because his public profile far outpaces his production on the field to date. Having a risky franchise QB is one thing but having a risky franchise QB that has that kind of exposure is just insane.

None of this is to suggest that Mayfield is a guaranteed failure as a franchise QB, far from it. However he has a lot of skin in the game right now and I think it's appropriate to suggest he should earn some of it before he raises the volume level again, which he will.

3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The Browns got too much hype for a team that went 7-8-1 last year and hasn't had a winning record since 2007. I wonder if that got into the players' heads. And Mayfield played like a 5th round pick after a great rookie season. Was it complacency, the league figuring him out, or something else? The next HC won't have an easy job.

HomeoftheJets, Br4d and J-Raw24 like this.
  4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think the most likely explanation for what happened to the Browns this year is that several players saw themselves as the straw that stirred the drink and Freddie Kitchens is no Billy Martin :)

NCJetsfan, Acad23 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Let him run the whole show. He would bring in someone who will feed zeke and d. Lawrence would be lethal for him. He’s have the whole team hyped and ready to go, might only last a couple of years but it would be a good run for jerry. Rex isn’t the answer for most teams but he is perfect for these cowboys.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  6. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I could almost see it.

FJF likes this.
  7. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Rex would actually be great for Dallas.

I wonder if Jones is just going to demote Garret to offensive coordinator and keep him.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Rex would be awesome in Dallas.:p

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Rex knows some defensive football. Once everyone knew his tricks, he had nothing. He knows nothing about offense. He's a clown and a pervert who likes to watch other men fondle his wife's feet (and maybe other parts of her anatomy). I have zero respect for him.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Things about a scheme is it has to be your curveball. Talent needs to be your fastball. Rex never had a fastball here. Not like he had in Suggs in Baltimore. He would have that in D-Law in Dallas. The offense there would be right up his alley, strong o line, stud running back as long as he brought in a oc who likes to run and pass dff play action he wouldn’t have a problem.
    As to the pervert part, everyone has their kinks, it’s unfortunate his didn’t remain private but it’s not for me to judge. He didn’t break only laws.

dawinner127 likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

I agree with the first part of your post here.

I don't care what kind of kinks people have as long as they don't embarrass the team and make it a circus. Rex made no effort to try to hide his. He made the Jets a circus from the day he was hired predicting a SB victory his first season with a rookie QB, and his words and actions throughout his tenure. Because he was Buddy's son, I had high hopes. If Rex was willing to grow up, learn, develop some personal discipline and expect discipline of his players, we might have been able to accomplish some things. If he had been able to maintain the success of 2009-2010 I could have perhaps overlooked some or all of his many flaws, but he wasn't. Rex self destructed and destructed the team that Mangini had assembled for him. I will go to my grave believing that if Mangini and Tanny hadn't put that team together Rex would have never won anything with his shtick.

I hate Dallas, so I almost hope that they will hire Rex. D-Law will make Rex look better, but Rex will create a circus in Dallas and make the Cowboys look like idiots,

12. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I'll take the circus anyday over the crap we have had the last five years.

5 of the 6 years Rex was here we were playing meaningful games in December....

Ralebird and Acad23 like this.
  13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Well I had fun...

dawinner127 likes this.
  14. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

LOL!

I think some people were ready to give this guy executive of the year going into the 2019 season. Apparently he had put together the next team of the decade.

Man that was fast.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  15. WarriorRB28

I thought it was just 2009 & 2010. Somehow I missed the other three.

16. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

He didn't say get into the playoffs or be contenders, he said play meaningful games in December - as in still have a realistic shot at the playoffs in December. You can make a case that it was only 4 of 6 but it is something that has only happened once since Rex was canned.

17. WarriorRB28

Oh I understood what he said.

Are we really counting the Santonio Holmes meltdown game in Miami, a three game losing streak and looked bad losing those games as meaningful games in December 2011?

Or another three game losing streak to end 2012 6-10 record as meaningful games in December?

Or the glorious :rolleyes: 8-8 season he gave us in 2013.

Forget about 2014. *thumb down*

Yeah it was just 2009 & 2010.

18. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Rex to Dallas would be a never-ending source of entertainment, but I just don't see if happening:

1. Rex is a defensive coach in an offense-oriented era. What used to be considered hard-nosed defense is now a 15-yard penalty. I can't see Rex adjusting to the new player-safety rules. The game may have passed him by.

2. I also can't see Rex's oversized personality and love for the limelight co-existing with Jerry Jones' ego. There's room for only one large personality in Dallas..

CotcheryFan likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

I can totally see how some Jets fans had fun while Rex was here. He was entertaining to a point even for me. He didn't hold back, had no internal censor, if a thought crossed his mind, he verbalized it. He said some funny things. He did some unique things that were interesting at the time. When he was hired, he was a bit of fresh air after Mangini's rigid control. I get it. Ultimately, I couldn't deal with his refusal to learn and grow, to grow up and do the things the team needed him to do.

20. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

So, being 8-5 at the start of December in 2011 and bang in the middle of the playoff race wasn't playing meaningful games in December... :confused:. That they lost those last 3 meaningless games in December also presumably had nothing to do with the fact that they didn't play games in January?

FJF likes this.