Who Don't You Want?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by boozer32, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I will personally be unhappy unless offensive line or edge rusher is the focus of the top picks (whatever they end up being if there is a trade).

I do trust and defer to Jets management judgement about what they want to do but from my perspective those are what need to be upgraded effectively and immediately. Any interior D-lineman, no matter how highly rated by scouts, guys on tv, etc.... I just don't think that's the move to make right now. And as 6-10 astutely pointed out in a post up above you might be able to convince yourself your drafting "the next Aaron Donald" but honestly the chances that you actually are are probably dangerously close to zero.

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

nobody on the d-line. Edge or LT would be ideal

3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Who don't you want? Everyone has picked those guy at one point to the Jets. What pick by the Jets would upset you?

4. boozer32

That would be a bad pick. The BPA has got us picking in the top 10 every year. It just does not work. The league is geared for scoring and here we are taking defensive players every year and can't stop anyone. Williams also is a bad fit for this defense as its currently configured.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I haven't heard centers mentioned specifically, but my friend KurttheJetsFan, who knows a lot about OL says that centers usually rise late in the draft process. He said that it's going to be a very good draft not only for OTs, but for OGs and Cs as well.

The problem is that I don't want to wait until next year to get a C. Sam could be seriously injured by then. We can't count on getting someone good as a camp cut, and Harrison won't cut it. Mac should have signed someone in FA, even as just as stopgap until next year, so we weren't forced to have to draft a C this year.

NYJetsO12 and Leicester Jet like this.
  6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

A fullback and a kicker

K'OB likes this.
  7. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

My feelings exactly, we need a better center and asap. I was wondering about next years crop, as if its poor this years centers are likely to go even higher than they normally would.

8. boozer32

Yeah of course not in the 1st round...duh!!!!

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think they will anyway, just due to the shortage of quality OL in the NFL, and several of the guys who play center can also play OG and RT.

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I’m not exactly thrilled about the idea of going DT.... again but there’s no way it’s a bad pick.

11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

To go, "WTF??!!" after Goodell announces the Jets first pick whether it's at 3 or lower after trading down.

Edited: I read the thread title as What don't you want for some reason. As for who, I want no part of a DL who can't rush the passer.

#31 CotcheryFan, Apr 24, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. boozer32

Its a bad pick because 1) He's not a NT 2) We have DT and took a DE in the 2nd round just last year 3) They resigned McClendon 4) So why waste an extremely high pick on someone who might not even play let alone start. The also have glaring weaknesses rushing the passer in a division where Tom Brady had hours to sit back and look over the field.

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Roger Vick says Hi

boozer32 likes this.
  14. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Get ready to be disappointed. Unless they are doing an amazing job hiding their desire to get him, rumors say they don't like him that much. I think if they do a tradedown say to 4 or 6, its more likely they will pick him, but not at pick #3.

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

like when they said they would pick Rosen over Darnold?

16. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

That was a tad bit different as around the same exact time last year there was a strong rumor the Browns wanted Baker when literally every mock had them taking Darnold. The Jets got whiff of this and props to Mac who had a last minute workout with Sam. They thought Sam would never make it to #3.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

but you aren't going to go out and publically say we want or like this guy ... if anything you probably downplay it

18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

So you think, if they draft Quinnen Williams at 3, the player many think is the best player in the draft that he wouldn’t play? Really?

Best way to get to Tom Brady is pressure up the middle.. just saying.

19. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Hasn’t worked for us trying to pressure him up the middle with all our stupid DT picks the last 10 years. One more time to the well I guess

20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I don't want another DL. Q. Williams may be A. Donald II, but it's highly unlikely and what do we do with both him and Leo? For the love of god can we break our addiction to DL??????

But I'm fully prepared to disappointed and frustrated once again. Being a Jets fan for 55 years means I've seen plenty of hair-pulling draft picks, and Macc has lived up (down?) to that legacy.

Pepsiguy5, NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.