Who do you think gets the axe? Mcelroy

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by thirtyoddfreestyle, Jan 9, 2012.

1. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

while i agree with you that he showed balls, he still has zero right to do that there. you are right that sanchez is the only one who should be allowed to speak in that situation, but he needs to speak to his team, not the press.

i think he deserves a second chance and stated as such. hes a kid who made a mistake. no reason to make him a scapegoat here. it does nothing for anyone. he makes barely anything and, like you said, may have more to him than we think. he definitely has potential, and has the big game pedigree (national title) to warrant more of a chance then some scrub.

The holmes situation is where things really need to be dealt with. its gonna take a lot from rex and co., as well as sanchez (he needs to step up and deal with this guy or he needs to find another job. shit, even romo was able to somewhat deal with TO, i dont see why mark cant deal with santonio).

The bottom line in my eyes tho is that the more of this that is done OUTSIDE of the public eye is better. airing out team issues in public helps no one. be a team. show unity. respect leadership. if we can do that then our problems will be much smaller.

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Holmes says Hi.

3. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

THIS. +1,000,000,000.

And I really wish people would realize that FACT.

4. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

His throws looked like PUNTS, though. :lol:

And you would lose that bet 'cause the moment McElroy said that the ENTIRE Locker Room was corrupt, he basically said that REVIS was Corrupt...that Mangold was Corrupt....that LT was corrupt...

He basically lumped up all the Good Eggs with the Bad ones and the Good Eggs are not going to be thanking him for doing that to them.

5. quadcityjetsfan76

The guy held up pretty damn well in the preseason before his injury. say all you want about it being preseason, but he was essentially the third string QB playing against tail end starters and first tier back ups because of Brunnel's "injury". I think he can play, maybe not start on a full time basis, but spot start. I think the upside is better than Clemens, and some on this site, myself included, thought he deserved a shot at starting. Now that was a mistake.