Who do you hope have played their last game as a Jet?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Jan 10, 2023.

1. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

What do you have against Quincy JV?

2. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I'd pay to have Mann off the team.

Nyjets4eva and kevda5n9ne like this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He’s too inconsistent. Some games he makes every tackle and other games he disappears and gets eaten up by guards. I don’t have a problem with him but we badly need an upgrade at one of the spots.

4. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

It would certainly be a big help if Sherwood develops into a starter--he's going to get his chance it looks like.

IMO Quincy and Alexander are keepers--agree we need an upgrade beyond these.

RochesterJet and teamgreen like this.
  5. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

It was Quincy's assignment, not Mosely's. Bart and Leger discussed it post game. Plus, Mosely always takes responsibility for his mistakes, in this case he said "WE missed it", instead of "I missed it" protecting his teammate.

Mosely is the quarterback of this defense, senior leadership, he's going nowhere.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  6. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

7. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

8. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

It’s one thing to say cut them but you then need to find a replacement that’s as good or better.

Mosley seems like a good restructure candidate but not sure if he’d do it…definitely not worth the $20+M that he’ll cost but cutting him has a ton of dead money so it’s not an easy call. Probably the last bad contract that JD inherited.

Lawson is interesting…this year he was kind of what he’s been…disruptive most of the time, a 5-10 sack guy but not really a double digit sack guy, so it’s hard to pay him top edge dollars because he’s good but not dominant. However, I think Achilles is more of a two year recovery so there’s reason to hope he will be better next year. I wouldn’t cut him…this D needs the front four to generate pressure and he’s been a big part of that. I like what I saw out of Clemons and JJ but they are not yet there for full time I don’t think.

I wouldn’t fuck with the D too much…I like Keon’s play and Quincy’s play ok…if we can upgrade Joyner and maybe restructure Mosley I’d be fine running it back…if there’s a good LB or edge in the draft that’d be great but I think we need to draft OL heavy this year.

I still think that with a competent offense, our D is good enough to win with.

our punter shanks way too many punts so we can upgrade there.

on O, we mostly need to focus on OL as everyone knows. Corey Davis is OK but he seems to drop too many passes…but if we let him go we’re relying on Mims and Moore to step up and neither has proven that they really can be good starters yet. I’m fine with our TE group as is. Hall coming back will be huge but it’s likely that he may not be all the way back next season…it may take two years. I liked Bam well enough, and Ty Johnson seemed way more n MC…not sure what was up with Carter but he looked slow and tentative this year.

on O if we can fix the OL and somehow find a QB I’m fine with the skill guys we have…

9. HackettSuxTNG

Lunch

10. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Fairly certain you’re incorrect

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

How are those knees holding up? I’m sure we can run you out there to run button hooks and ten yard outs only to drop the ball with a defender two yards behind you.

12. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

i def can

13. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Mosley has already restructured his contract twice. Once for the opt out, and again last September when he rolled us about another 9 million in cap space last season. He's not going to restructure again.

14. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Button hooks?

Damn, that's something I haven't heard in a while!

15. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

I would start by trying to free up as much cap space as possible.

then, decide whom i want to return and at what $$$ cost.

so, i would start with: Mc govern, tomlinson, fant, brown, both te, cory the wr, mlb mosley , both olb, both safeties, whitehead and joyner, plus DL curry and lawson.

(pretend) that you're bringing in aaron rodgers or brady, and make sure you have plenty of cap space to take advantage
    of any moves that might pop up at last minute. maybe a good OL guy gets cut from elsewhere due to cap problems.
    short term guarantees, so you can cut the ones who don't live up to the salary.

16. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

based off dead cap hit I don’t see Mosley getting cut just won’t make any sense. Lawson 15m can be freed up and I can see that happening. I think with Clemons and JJ we should be ok and bring back Huff

17. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think people realize how important Mosley is to the defense. You know how the coaching staff makes a big deal out of being able to generate a great pass rush with only four guys? That's because Mosley is like 75% of the run defense. It allows the defensive linemen to concentrate on only having to rush the passer.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  18. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Corey Davis, Joe Flacco, Braden Mann.

19. HackettSuxTNG

Has Braxton Berrios been cut yet?

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  20. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

im not sure I’d be so quick to get rid of Lawson for two reasons…

first, we don’t have a plethora of great pass ushers…we have a few pretty good ones in JFM, Lawson, Huff, and then Clemons and Johnson. Not pro bowlers by any means…so getting rid of one of our better ones is not good business when this defense relies on pressure from the front four.

secomd, he came back from an Achilles, and he’s an explosive type player with a quick get-off….he may very well be better next year with more time removed from his injury.

he may be a good guy to restructure but I’d not rush to cut him or move him as I do t think we have anyone to really step in and replace him unless you think someone like JJ or Clemons can make that jump in year 2?