Who do you guys think are starting QB will be?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Apr 30, 2006.

?

Starting QB

1. Ramsey

44 vote(s)
    40.4%
  2. Clemens

12 vote(s)
    11.0%
  3. Pennington

50 vote(s)
    45.9%
  4. Bollinger

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. CP to LC =TD

CP to LC =TD New Member

2. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I would prefer Clemens spent all year on the bench. It's hard for rookies their first years being in the new atmosphere let alone playing the game. I want Clemens on that bench all year learning the game. Maybe you give him one or two starts at the end only if he is ready.

3. PennyandtheJets

Pennington Brilliant? THAT is a stretch...

4. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

ramsey gonna start this year thats obivious. i say clemens starts the last 2 games of the season.

5. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

i like the way you think hydro51

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

the bigger question is why should we trust you? you say that with some sort of authority as if you know more about the situation than any of us. so what is it that you know that we do not?

7. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

8. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

he's toast, and should be cut after june 1st. belli got rid of bledsoe after brady emerged, and mangini won't keep noodle arm around just to wave a towel.:eek:hmy:

9. PennyandtheJets

Pennington should stay one more year, but after this year you can fugedda bout it...he will be gone. (IMO)

10. KiLLaH87

KiLLaH87 New Member

the sucky thing is that everyone thinks pennington will be gone by the end of next year, hate to admit but your all right, back in 02 we thought this guy was guna be our franchise QB and now 4 years later hes of no use to us......

11. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

I would like to see Chad but I don't think he'll be ready and according to Mangini's interview today when asked if Chad would be the starter he basically said that all positions will be battle for during the pre-season! So if that's the case then I can actually see Clemens beating both of them out.

12. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'd love to see Penny come back and light it up but I just don't see it. If he does, awesome, but I'm fully prepared to see Ramsey taking snaps week one. Hopefully Clemens gets a full year to be an apprentice before he's thrown into the fire.

13. vilmas our future51

vilmas our future51 New Member

i think that we see clemmens either end of this year or starting full season next year because schotty wants to do everything he can to develop him

14. JERSEY JET

JERSEY JET New Member

This is pretty simple. If he's healthy, then Pennington is clearly the starter. That is an enormous if at this point, but when he has been healthy Chad is a top ten quarterback. If he can't go it will be Ramsey. If Clemens sees any time this year, we will be in trouble.

15. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Penny won't be healthy and clemens is only a rookie. I say start Ramsey in 06 and keep him there. If he plays poorly, put chad in when 100%.

16. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Patrick Ramsey is going to be the starter. If he is ineffective I wouldn't be surprised to see Mangini try to give the team a lift by putting Pennington back in.

I hope for Clemens' sake and our sake that he doesn't see the field this season. If he gets off the bench it is because both Ramsey and Penny have gone down.

17. Smokeeater

Smokeeater New Member

Tell me......if Ramsey was so good why did Washington give him up for a late round pick?

18. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I dont know go ask um

19. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

It has to be Penny. When you have THAT much money invested in some one you play him as many times as you have to untill you see and are 100% sure he's done. I seriously doubt Penny will ever return to form (not that is was an AMAZING form, but it was plenty good).

I say Penny. When he stinks up or gets hurt, you'll put him Ramsey and he will finish and open the next season. Half way through season 2 the new kid MIGHT get some action, but I doubt he'll see any PT for maybe 2 years.

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I actually agree....... Unfortunately a potentially promising career will most likely be scarred by injury Let's not forget how his career started in 02 before the injuries began to pile up).

Barring a medical miracle, Patrick Ramsey will start the season at QB for the NYJ.