Who do the Jets pick at 13th?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JETFUEL1580, Mar 30, 2023.

1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

1. JSN - G called him a better receiver and G won OROY without a QB. WR is a high value position while Wilson and Lazard are the only ones we have signed for 2024

2. Bijan - I’m not as convinced that Breece will be 100% next season and if Rodgers falls Thru, Bijan can win games for us just like Breece did. This is a move I’d make based on my lack of information but JD has information.

3. Jones/Johnson - Both the same to me. Both are raw and need a year to develop but both come from great programs who develop great OTs

4. Calijah - We need a DTs and while he won’t be a running down player, DTs who can get to the QB and more valuable than a big body.

5. Peter Skoronski - Projected as an AVT clone, but we already have AVT. Can’t pass talent

6. Devon Witherspoon - Not a position of need by any means but he’s a blue chip player in a high value prostitution, if he drops to 13 it would be hard to pass on this Uber talented player

7. Bryan Bresee - Position of need and a top recruit out of HS but a torn ACL in 2022 scares me. This pick might honestly be the best fit of need and value.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  2. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

The thought of taking a WR is growing on me. Especially a talent like JSN on the board.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  3. KingRoach

After we pick up AR and DB and lose CD, JSN will fill out O beautifully.

4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Now I'm hearing the Jets are looking at tackle Darnell Wright. I got a feeling Joe Douglas has other ideas. Everyone is hyping the center from Minnesota. I hope he is not the pick at 13.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Don't worry, I think it's highly unlikely the Jets go IOL/C at 13. I think one of the main reasons they pulled the trigger on the Elijah trade was because they feel very confident one of the C's they like will be there at 42 or 43.

boozer32 likes this.
  6. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I can't get on the Calijah Kancey 1st round train. Feel like his sub 31" arms will be a huge obstacle for him as a pro. He's a great athlete so it's not impossible but I would be very leery about drafting statistical outliers in the 1st.

boozer32 likes this.
  7. KingRoach

I don’t disagree but if JSN and the tackles are gone and we dont have a trade partner…. Who do you take?

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  8. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Woof, talk about worst case scenario for us.

Have one of the QB's fallen? I wouldn't hate taking Levis or Richardson in this situation because if all 3 OTs and JSN are off the board, the board has gotten a little wonky so there's a decent chance one of those top 4 QBs have slipped.

Otherwise, I would probably be looking at Bijan, BPA @ EDGE (Tyree Wilson, Nolan Smith, or Myles Murphy), or Branch. Slight preference to Branch because he would fill a position of need for us while being a very good player.

So in this scenario, my preference would be QB, Branch, EDGE, then Bijan.

KingRoach and Lon Chaney like this.
  9. KingRoach

I’ve been liking Clayton Tune in the 6th lately. No premium pick so won’t ruffle any feathers and he checks all the Parcells boxes.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  10. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

He and DTR are my favorite late-round QB prospects. Think both can be quality back-ups for years to come.

11. KingRoach

@Borat
    Oh @Borat

First post says OT doesn’t help this year, second post says OT isn’t my top 2 choices

I have a ton of posts like this; bow to the King, peasant

12. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Even putting aside your opinion to run back the the worst OLIne in NFL, which is scary to think about, the kicker here is that you believe JD feels the same way after we didn't draft a Tackle in the first round. Even though the last top tackle literally was snatched right in front of his nose in front of our pick due to his fuck up on pick swap and he didn't have the option to draft one.

13. KingRoach

The mental gymnastics you have to do to be right, is overwhelming.

Share some posts about you ever being right about anything please. Anything at all.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

OTOH you are white-knighting repeatedly for a team that has the longest active non-playoffs streak in professional sports.

15. KingRoach

I’ve been “white knighting” a FO who took this team from complete shit to among the SB favorites.

Meanwhile you shit on the FO who took this team from complete garbage to among the SB favorites.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

They've looked like complete shit for most of the time the FO has been here.

Also, you do not understand 40 year old athletes very well. If the Jets do not give Aaron Rodgers a safe pocket odds are excellent he winds up stepping down again and the Jets are favorites for nothing.

Why you keep defending a FO that has gone 20-46 is kind of beyond me. It reeks of excessive tolerance of failure. Which is of course a totally Jets fan thing.

17. KingRoach

Let’s circle back after the season starts, I have 0 interest in belittling an old man and you never bring up anything new or interesting.

18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Just yesterday I educated you about new Rodgers contract and what it really means. I also predicted that the pick swap will cost a tackle as the last top one will be gone 13/14. How about you? Surely you cannot be serious pointing out your post where you actually said OT was the obvious choice? Then said we won't need it this year IF, and then listed 3 conditions, basically if each tackle we have is healthy and plays well. No shit Sherlock!

Here is my next prediction: we will add one more tackle either in the later rounds if someone slides or free agency/trade - and not a minimum guy like we did Cedrick, someone with more pull.

19. KingRoach

I don’t think “educate” means what you think it means…. and if you can’t understand the second sentence behind “obvious choice” I’m not sure if you’re slow or if English isn’t your first language (hint the same thing I’ve said repeatedly “the FO isn’t as down on the OTs as the fanbase”).

Either way, your posts need to get more entertaining or more insightful to merit a full read…. I’ll read your first 2 sentences, but if they’re boring I’m not going to keep wasting my time. Good luck

20. KingRoach

If you’re a betting man, let’s make a bet. You’re not allowed to shit on the Jets until they take an OT. My prediction is they don’t. So if I’m right, you have to be an actual fan till the season starts.

Name your price if I’m wrong and let’s make a bet.

(Specifically OT, I can see Voorhees in the 5th or 6th)