White had a bad pro day at USC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kbgreen, Apr 3, 2006.

1. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

I have caught cramps in my hammies doing bench, and arching your back helps you get more power in your bench even though it is only 225 he was going for as many as he could so the last few he was straining. But what ever he had a really piss poor day

2. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

I am pretty disappointed with what I have heard/read about LenDale since the end of the season. I thought (and still think) he could be a very good back in the NFL, but now there you seriously has to wonder about a guy who can't get motivated to work out hard for five months before the draft...especially when it means money in his pocket.

Who knows, maybe the dude is still around at #4 in the 2nd round, at which point it would be a good value pick and maybe he would come out with a chip on his shoulder. However, he doesn't sound like a Mangini (read Belichick) kind of guy

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

LenDale White = smaller T.J. Duckett. Neither will succeed in the NFL because they run in a finess style and ran in finess offenses. They happened to be quick shifty guys, in a bruisers body.

4. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

5. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

lendale is fat.. thats the only thing that comes to mind when i see his name.. guy has ron dayne written all over him..

6. greenlantern

greenlantern Member

maybe he will be available with or 2nd round pick

7. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

i say this is a good thing, u saw how he did in college, i dont give a shit how he did at his workout, the way i see it, he may drop to #29 to us now!

8. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

he isnt a mangini guy i wouldnt get your hopes up.

9. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

White ran over undersized Defense Lineman and Lb's in college..The guy in the NFL might get put on his ass if he really is that weak. I am still waiting on that 40 speed to see if that fat puts out a sub 4.5 or a 4.7 .At USC people have been saying he is childish acting. You have to question his drive, the guy gained another 6 pounds at the proday weigh in and they are reporting the guy looked soft. Man if I had his opportunity I would not be playing Sony Playstaion eating Big Mac's all day.
    Did this guy hire Young's uncle as his agent? If I am his agent I would be up his ass letting him know what he is doing to his draft value and money he may lose out on. This guy seems like he needs a boot in his fat ass

10. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Mike Mayock just said LenDale fell out of the 1st round. If he EVER fell to us in the 2nd we would have to get him. He has proven that he can play football against great competition. I personally don't think he will fall out of the 1st round though

11. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Lets turn it around then , seeing as people are jumping ship on LW. Suppose he was a mediocre back with a great combine , then people would be calling for him. He isn't a mediocre back and will shine. We all know what he can do. Sometime back before the site got wiped there was a poll.....LW or DeAngelo , if my memory serves me right LW won it. Not that that poll means anything Deangelo is a different type of back.
    Me? I hope we do manage to pick him up in the 3rd or later and give him a shot , but I seriously doubt we will draft a RB at all.

12. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

they guy doesnt have a 40 time at all according to a head coach.. u cant draft a guy like lendale inthe 1st 2 rds with no 40 you dont know if ur getting a power back with good sped 4.4 -4.5 or is he a 4.7 guy in which he will fall out of the 1st day regardles.

13. CMartinJET

CMartinJET New Member

This already affirms what I thought of in the first place that White was overweight and lazy. This kid is going to be a Capital Bust.

14. Coach K

Coach K New Member

no way if we even took a RB we might as well make a move for DeAngelo or trade down even further for Maroney.

15. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I hope White's stocks drops all the way to #29.

16. hammer

hammer New Member

How about a 29 ft pole?

17. Bomber

Bomber New Member

Listen to you people here...just as well you aren't scouts or work for the Jets. Believe everything you read in the press?

White performed superbly in the Rose Bowl...he was fast, he was conditioned, and he had power; he was the 2nd best player on the pitch for either side in that game. It is rare to find an athlete who is conditioned for 365 days of the year, and in actual fact many Olympic athletes take entire years of off their schedules just to recuperate and rest themselves so they can fire on all cylinders in Olympic years. Footballers are the same, except they have to be their best during the season...the off season is exactly that, the off season. Being at peak physical condition in the off season means you are going to be flat during the season: footballers need rest themselves during the break so that they can come back perform at their best when it matters.

I frankly find it stupid that you are all led so easily by what is reported in the press; there could have been numerous explanations for having a single bad session in front of scouts, and frankly injury is the most likely.

I know for a fact that White is not lazy, and does not have a bad attitude...his Rose Bowl performance told me that. It also told me that he had the tools to step up to the next level, including an explosive power ideally suited to the NFL, maybe even more so than Reggie Bush, who underperformed in that game leaving White to take the load. White performed on the big stage, and many were talking about him as being top 10 after that performance.

I've had several hamstring injuries, in fact in one football season I had 6 of them: if you don't recuperate enough it is likely you'll do the hammy again. It is impossible to do any exercise with the legs while recovering from a hamstring injury...in fact it is hard enough to walk after doing your hamstring. If White has done it it is quite concievable that it has affected his performance in front of the scouts.

Lendale White is not the finished article, but he is one player among the running backs in the draft who I think will make it in the NFL (perhaps except from Bush). With the right coaching he will be an elite player, and I for one truly hope that the rest of the clubs buy this media bullsh*t about him being lazy so we can pick him up either late in the first round or early in the second. He is one player who I think can step up to the plate for the Jets at running back and perform serviceably for the Jets for years at the position.

Remember the press usually always has to 'spin' everything so they get a story out of it...'Lazy' Lendale makes good copy, and Jets fans should see through it for the rubbish it is.

18. hammer

hammer New Member

All good, but when you are going for job interviews do you show up in jeans and a rip t-shirt and act like you don't care if you get the job. Thinking oh when it is time to start the job I'll clean up and be at my best. No you go their to impress. White is not helping his position in the draft, the higher you go the more $$$ potentially. We all know he's got talent, but that doesn't alway = results.

19. Bomber

Bomber New Member

Where did it say he did that?

Listen, I can't defend the guy if he did that, but if you were turning up for a workout, would you wear a suit?

As I said, we need a running back, and if Lendale fell to to us, we would be stupid not to take him.

20. hammer

hammer New Member

I think the guy is a great talent, and might be worth the shot at 29. I am saying that he could be ruining his position in the draft be showing a half ass mentality for what wver reason he has. Whether he likes it or not he is being judged, and not just by his talent. Teams don't like investing in head cases.