Whining About Anti-Jets Media (x67)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Jan 12, 2011.

1. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Yeah, maybe it was just a nasty breakup. She probably smacked him around.

2. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

I just enjoyed the time travel back to 1969. That's the year I was born, and you were over in Vietnam and hoping to make it back alive to watch Jets games again and got to witness the buildup to SB III firsthand. It also really puts in perspective how long it's been since we we've been in the SB - Nixon was president!

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

He said on CBS if we can play our game we have a very good chance of winning.

Even if he didn't say that who gives a shit? If we list everyone that disses the Jets the threads would be never ending.

All that matters is the Jets, from the players to the fans. Fuck everyone else.

I'm listening to Howard all week because I don't give a fuck what some radio guy has to say. Who cares what his opinion is? We each have our own.

4. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Whining About Anti-Jets Media (x4044)

This is some serious journalism.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14543722/calling-on-patriots-to-do-america-favor-shut-the-jets-up

Once upon a time I liked the New York Jets. Seriously, I did. Maybe you saw what I wrote a few days ago about Mark Sanchez, a slobbering story if ever there was one. Maybe you saw what I wrote a year ago about the whole team, when I demanded to know why the average fan was so turned off by Rex Ryan and his team.

Now, I get it. Now I'm turned off by Rex Ryan and his team. So today I'm writing this column as a request, to the New England Patriots, on behalf of all those people -- on behalf of all of us -- who are tired of folks like Rex Ryan and Antonio Cromartie shooting off their alligator mouths:

Your mission is clear, Bill Belichick. Beat the Jets so we don't have to listen to them anymore. Kick their hummingbird asses.

That's my request to the Patriots. Beat the Jets, and beat them badly. Shut them up -- if not forever, at least for the next few months. Rid us of the plague of locusts that flies out of Rex Ryan's mouth every time he opens it and inserts a foot. This is a man who clearly enjoys the taste of toes, and I for one am tired of it.

But it wasn't even Ryan who set me off. Today I was all set to write about the BCS title game from Monday night, and about the six-week layoff that claimed another hundred million victims -- us, the fans -- who turned on the television to watch the best two teams in college football and instead got stuck watching rusty Auburn play rusty Oregon. The game was close, but the game was not great. That was my column for today. But instead I blogged on it. Right here.

Because before I could write that as a column, Antonio Cromartie shot off his alligator mouth.

Antonio Cromartie called Patriots quarterback Tom Brady "an assho--." Referring to Brady, Cromartie also said, "F--- him."

Antonio Cromartie calling anyone an assho-- is the height of irony, considering Cromartie is one of the worst people, non-criminal division, in professional sports today. Cromartie has fathered seven or eight children -- or nine or 10, maybe 11 by now -- almost all of them with different women in different states. He has so many kids running around the country, he can't name them all. At least, not quickly. If you saw this disgusting clip of Cromartie struggling to name his kids on Hard Knocks, you know what I'm talking about.

He's calling Tom Brady an assho--? Really?

Pay your paternity suits and shut up, Antonio.

Last I saw of Cromartie, he was getting Pierre Garcon's address in a playoff game last week. He'll be sending Garcon a card on Father's Day, because Garcon was Cromartie's daddy. Cromartie has had lots of fathers this year, getting burned repeatedly by teams who have stayed away from Jets teammate Darrelle Revis for two reasons:

1. Revis is the best cornerback in football.

2. Cromartie sucks.

But in his defense, meager as it is, Cromartie is just following the lead of his coach -- a man I defended, last year, in that story I linked above. I liked Rex Ryan last year. Liked him a lot. But now he has morphed, devolved, from a cocky breath of fresh air who talks up his team into a trash-talking cliché who tears down opponents.

After the Jets beat the Colts on Saturday, Ryan humbly took every bit of credit by noting that "our coaching staff did a great job preparing our guys" and concluding that "I'm thankful I finally got to beat Peyton Manning."

Ryan had already gone after the quarterback he would see this weekend, Brady, when he compared Brady to Manning by noting that, mentally, there is no comparison.

"There's nobody like this guy in the league," Ryan said of Manning. "Nobody studies like him. I know Brady thinks he does and all that stuff, but I think there's a little more help from [coach Bill] Belichick with Brady ..."

After he singlehandedly beat the Colts and stopped Manning -- pretty sure the Jets' coach had two picks and a sack -- Ryan then announced that the AFC semifinal Sunday between the Jets and Patriots would come down to a battle of wits between himself and Belichick.

"This is about Bill Belichick vs. Rex Ryan," Ryan said. "There's no question -- it's personal."

So Jets fans, if you're going to write me that those comments were calculated, that Ryan was trying to take the pressure off Sanchez and his team by attracting attention to himself, save it. That wasn't heroic. That wasn't a man throwing himself at a lion to save the other members of a hunting party. That was Ryan talking up his favorite topic, himself, and trying to draw a member of the other team into his make-believe Rex Land. Belichick refused to bite, because he's smarter than that.

But here I am, as stupid as it gets, devoting almost 1,000 words -- reads fast, doesn't it? -- to Rex Ryan and the J-E-T-S. But I'm directing these words to the Patriots, who can do the rest of us a favor by sending Ryan, Cromartie and the rest of the Jets home for the rest of the winter. Enough's enough. Beat the Jets, and beat them good. Another 45-3 rout? Sure. Why not. But on that last touchdown, go for two. Make it 46-3. Make it hurt.

But go easy on my boy Sanchez. I still like that dude. Can't wait for him to play for a grown-up coach.

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Basically he's giving the Jets the same chance his Steelers ever had against the Pats. How many important games did Pittsburgh get beat up by Brady and the Pats in? Oh yeah even Bledsoe won one of those AFC title games.

6. MadBacker Prime

Why is everyone posting this shit?

Who gives a fuck??? Post what the Jets are saying, we already know every single non-Jet fan hates us and the entire media.

Rex is freakin genius, he's creating this us against the world mentality beautifully. Even better than last year.

7. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

Could not have said it better .... F**k 'em all .... Join us or get out of the way

8. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

When was the last time Doyel ever wrote on something and came with substance instead of an ill-informed, loudmouthed opinion. Why anyone would even go read cbs sportsline...you know the site that has such journalistic luminaries as Mike Freeman and Pete Prisco is beyond me.

9. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Because it's a Jets Forum.

10. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

guys bio says he has 3 dogs 2 kids and wife. I saw a pic of his wife. He has 4 dogs.

11. MadBacker Prime

What Jet fan wants to read a article Titled "Calling on Patriots to do America favor: Shut the Jets up" ??

Certainly not me, I see, hear, and read it everywhere. I come on here to talk Jets football, the positives, the play, how I love that our players are being true to themselves.

Obviously you are right, but I wouldn't post this Jet bashing shit on a Jet forum.

but... I'm a Jet fan

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

lol it's always funny to hear what these writers who are straddling the poverty line think

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

You spelled "gay" wrong.

14. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I find it so funny that people get so overly offended when a team talks bad about another team, especially one of their top rivals.

15. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I like this shit... it is funny to read.

I never thought I would enjoy rooting for such a hated team but I find myself enjoying it more and more everyday.

16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

As if just beating the PATS this weekend wouldn't be rewarding enough, it'll taste that much sweeter to see all these "writers" eat some crow too. Personally I hope they keep piling it on....... :shit: :jets:

17. Fightfan

Fightfan Banned

Hahahaha! Funniest quote of the day so far!

Seriously, that is a good article! Couldnt be more accurate, IMO opinion especially about Cromartie. He shoots off his mouth and apparently isn't smart enough to know what an epic low life he is.

Good stuff. But as Jets fans you have to feel a bit like Rex in Hard Knocks....

"“This will be some light reading for you. It’s a very negative article they wrote about us. Just a little poop material.”"

18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

THe only funny thing is rex rarely if ever says anything negative about anyone or anything - the media is so desperate for anything to write about that they have manufactured this whole "trash talking" thing to the point where its becoming a self fulfilling prophecy as they no doubt goad the players into making these "OMG I can burleeve you just said that" type statements!

edit: especially the stupid ones like Cro

19. MadBacker Prime

Cromartie got $500 grand upfront on his contract to take care of his kids.

He's made mistakes, almost all his kids are the same age so those mistakes came around the same time. lol

At least he's taking care of them though. Brady has 1 bastard child, Cro just happens to have more.

20. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Some folks might hate us but the NFL loves us because the Jets draw huge ratings for their national games