Which one of these studs be the Jets opening day starter?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Mar 9, 2017.

?

Who is taking the first snap from Wesley Johnson?

1. Jay Cutler

11.0%
  2. Christian Hackenberg

16.4%
  3. Bryce Petty

24.7%
  4. Geno Smith

8.2%
  5. Chase Daniel

2.7%
  6. Nick Foles

4.1%
  7. Trevor Siemian

5.5%
  8. Robert Griffin 3

6.8%
  9. Josh McCown

2.7%
  10. Other

17.8%
  1. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

I'm waiting to see a stud in the poll before I vote.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any info/links on what Hack or Petty have been doing during the off season? I haven't been able to find anything on if one or both of them have been working with a QB "guru" to improve their skills.

I'd really like to see some article about Hack spending the summer in a sweat hut picking the flowers off of cacti, ya know, anything to show that they want to be the guy.

3. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Petty looked pretty good until our offensive line decided they had better things to do than to block Suh and Wake on that one play.

Why is everyone in such a hurry to move on to Hack?

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Good question.

I don't think Petty is the FQB, but he did okay, and no one knows what Hack can do.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  5. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

When O'Brien left, the new coaching staff made him change his footwork. His accuracy suffered from it. Then he was pummeled on almost every play. That destroyed his psyche. I think he has severe PTSD and may never recover.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Petty is rehabbing from surgery and Hack is playing Madden

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

Before we completely give up n Petty, let's take another look at last year, Offensive line while he was playing, non existent, no Decker, Marshall would not even reach for a ball while he played, Forte hurt, no tight end, no running back able to help blocking. A coach who had no problem letting players take it easy and keep playing.If it wasn't for Powell why show up.
    Is this guy an answer, I doubt it, did we see anything for us to be sure, no way.
    Coach Bowel movement kept playing Fitz when playoffs were out of the question, and it was common knowledge he would not be back this year.
    The only reason he allowed this to happen that I can conclude is that they didn't want us to see Petty a few games and then want to see Hackenburg for a couple of games, why? easy to figure out, why have us ask all year 2nd round !!!.

BomberJet and James Hasty like this.
  8. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Not to digress, but the Texans burned a 2nd round pick to get rid of thier mistake, Brock Osweiler...Jets burn thier second round picks almost every year for nothin.

#28 playtowinthegame, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

"Da Gun" Deshaun Watson baby!

10. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Petty please, with Hack as the backup, and an old timer with a clipboard.

Can we please get these guys some practice and game snaps and not try to divide it three or four ways with some rookie or a third competitor? I steadfastly hate the very idea of any team tanking, to me it is an affront to the game. I am, however, all about some "sink or swim" testing.

Give Petty and Hack all the practice snaps and all the game opportunities this season, and if one of them rises to the occasion, the Jets are set. If neither of them does, the Jets have a top pick. That's not tanking, that's finding out what you have and don't have. Now, if you take it to an extreme, and try to do that at LT, C, RT, and QB all at the same time, that is tanking, because it tells you nothing about the QB except how well he can run for his life, and how well he can take a hit. So if they're going to do it, they need to invest a lot more in the O-line than we've seen so far.

MoWilkBeast and Chrisiue like this.
  11. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Please God NO!

The last thing I want is the Jets burning a 1st round pick on Geno 2.0

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I can't believe 1 out of 10 of you think Geno will be the opening day starter.

First, he sucks.
    Second, is no longer on the team.
    Third, he is recovering and will not even be really to play by opening day.
    Lastly, he will have to learn a new offense and we know he isn't very bright to begin with.

hwismer and Chrisiue like this.
  13. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Deshaun Watson never choked when the level of competition increased. The bigger the moment the bigger he played. Geno was the complete opposite in college. If Watson is there at 6 (and he won't be) the Jets shouldn't take long turning that selection card in to commissioner Goodell.

xxedge72x and HomeoftheJets like this.
  14. vegaskarl

vegaskarl Well-Known Member

Nothing helps a young QB like a great running attack or a sure handed TE. At six we should take Leonard Fournette or OJ Howard. I don't know who our opening day starter is but either one of these drafted players would sure help.

BomberJet, xxedge72x and Freddy Mondo like this.
  15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Geno will be on the Giants...lmao

Went for interview

When I saw the story, Post on line and then in the News, I couldn't believe it

NYG fans must be outraged no doubt...

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Brandon Marshall will be happy.

17. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Todd Bowles just weighed for Ryan Fitzpatrick. He then put in a write-in vote for Revis at starting CB.

18. JetFanatic101

JetFanatic101 New Member

This. One of these guys are going to be there. The more I think of it the more I think the #6 pick has to be an offensive playmaker. If it's Fournette, M. Williams, O.J Howard, even D. Cook either one of those guys will immediately improve our QB and our receiving corp immediately. With the pick in the second round you can go with the best available CB or if you wanted to blow the roof off for the offense you can go with Howard at #6 then Mixon with the 2nd round pick then go with the best available CB in the top of the 3rd. Soooo many options to improve this team. I think you have to go offense first though.

hwismer and Freddy Mondo like this.
  19. Freddy Mondo

Freddy Mondo Active Member

I'm coming round to Fournette and OJ since they can make plays as well as fortify the O-Line. For that reason I'm not as keen on Cook or Williams.

Maybe snag Mixon top of the 3rd. He's still young and perhaps a good coach/mentor can unfuck his head.

20. JetFanatic101

JetFanatic101 New Member

Those two are bonafide playmakers. Defenses have to gameplan against them. That's what the offense lacks right now which will give them no chance because the opposing defense can do whatever they want. If Mixon is there at the top of the 3rd it's a no-brainer you have to take him. With his talent though I think he'll be gone by the second round the latest though unfortunately.