Which is it?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by G-man, Nov 12, 2012.

1. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

I specifically recall him yelling at Clyde Gates after his INT in the first game against the Dolphins, he didn't come back when we was supposed, or took to long to cut or something along those lines, but yeah, I have seen Sanchez showing some frustration towards his receivers. In fact I have even seen Sanchez show frustration to being taken out for Tebow..... I think the "circus" this team is, is starting to get to Sanchez, and he is about to snap.

2. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I'm trying to figure out if Sanchez just has a weak arm or what?

The only passes he throws with any zip on it is the seam rout and the short cross.

That Int at the goalline looked like he just lobbed it over there. It was like watching a slo-motion disaster gatting ready to happen. You could see the CB baiting him, then jumping the play.

3. vonbonds

vonbonds Member

I agree with you guys but it is his JOB to get them on the same page. He is the field general and he doesn't act like it.

4. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

He has had a revolving door of receivers since day 1. What's the use in yelling at a guy or spending time to get on the same page if he's not gonna be on the roster in 5 days.

Gates, Hill, Cumberland, Reuland. These guys are bums, but we didn't even give them a shot to get some chemistry with Sanchez and vice versa. The FO is to blame for the position we're in right now. Not Sanchez.

5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

He is a slow learner

He is a mediocre player

He is a terrible leader

He motivates nobody

He is just not a starting NFL QB. But he starts with us…

6. Tommytunes

Tommytunes Banned

It's schotty's fault!

7. The_W

The_W Banned

To quote the great Darrelle Revis: "Do you know football?"

Are you seriously debating that no offense in the NFL requires both the receivers and the quarterback to read the defense? So every playcall or route is executed and ran the exact same way regardless if it's man coverage or some type of zone? There's is no such thing in football known as an option route?

If you're being serious, then I'm afraid that you're full of shit.

8. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

The problem is Sanchez seems to be a rhythm quarterback. He needs to be comfortable to be successful. He can't adjust when things collapse around him. And things have collapsed around him. He has no faith in the receivers, so he doesn't want to lead them to a place they may not actually go. That causes him to hold the ball longer and be a little more flat-footed. Then he makes bad decisions and bad throws.

It's a new system, with a rookie, a 2nd year guy, 2 guys signed during the season, and Chaz Schilens. Keller is the most consistent weapon we have, and Keller isn't that good.

It's all just frustrating to watch.

9. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

That's a coaching issue, blame Tony Boy!!

10. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I am wondering about what the coaches are seeing internally. Mark's play has become basically indefensible at this point yet the coaches are adamantly sticking with him. I don't think that's for personal gain, I think that's because there's other stuff at play that is showing up on the film and contributing to this mess.

What a disaster.

11. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Really hope you are just trolling, because many NFL offenses even College and High school offenses do exactly what you are saying they don't. Play is called, receivers line up, and both they and the QB "read" the defense. For each play, there are Option routes based on what the defense is doing overall, as well as what each coverage defender is doing.

For example, say that your slot receiver is over to the left. Defender is right up on the line, with inside leverage. This means that he is shaded inside a bit, standing closer to the center of the formation than the receiver is. With Option routes, if the play called and the overall defense called for the slot receiver to run a quick short route, the positioning of the specific coverage defender would lead the Slot receiver into running an out route instead of an inside slant. Why ? Because the defender is shaded inside already.

#31 Demosthenes9, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  12. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

There is plenty of blame for both the receivers, Ol and Sanchez. It seems like Sanchez doesn't know how to read a blitz. On the sack fumble yesterday, not one person, Sanchez included looked at the rusher coming in. CHANGE THE PLAY AT THE FUCKING LINE and send someone there to block. But then there are times where the receivers don't get open for shit.

13. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

I just watched that play again on rewind.

This is on Lex Hilliard, The play is designed for him to stay in to protect. He releases almost instantly and gets to the line of scrimmage and turns around like he's supposed to be an outlet. There's no way this is on Sanchez to explicitly turn around and tell Hilliard to block the guy that's rushing on the overloaded side. That's football 101. Bring back the Terminator.