Where's The Luv...Matt Simms

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Run_N_gun10, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

Hey....where's the luv for Matt Simms. This guy has just made play after play. I like him alot. The beauty of Sanchez being hurt, lets Simms stay around a lil longer. I like Simms as the Jets starter. He has that "IT" factor & exudes good coinfidence & a good arm. He also makes good decisions. He also has more NFL experience than Geno Smith. Start Simms & let Geno learn from the sidelines. If Simms develops into a NFL starter, then you can trade Geno down the road & get a return on your investment.

BTW....Sanchez, though he never gets hurt; I bet he's out for 4-8 weeks. Its his throwing shoulder.

2. DanR

DanR Active Member

Imagine Matt Simms with the first team O-line

3. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I'm in agreement here...if you HAVE to start a young QB start Simms. Holy shit...he had fire and he appeared to be a leader...a LEADER!!!! That on top of a rifle arm and you never know. And before I hear one word about scrubs...Matt Simms just made the EXACT same scrubs that knocked out Nacho boy LOOK like scrubs...as opposed to Nacho making them look like the NY Sack Exchange!!!!!!

Simms had the same line and the same receivers...etc... Matt Simms looked like a NFL QB while Nacho looked like an NFL punching bag...lets not forget the fumbled snap either. Good god!

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

And first team defenses.

They are actually discussing Simms on ESPNNY radio right now, Jets 5th quarter.

5. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

Yeah. He can be on his back and thrown to the turf too.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Matt Simms threw 257 passes in his college career for a 54.5 completion percentage, 8 TD's and 8 Int's.

Think about it.

7. mezzavo

Who was Matt Simms throwing to? I never watched any Tennessee college games?

8. 74

74 Well-Known Member

He's got sweet ass bro hair and a cannon arm. Just let him sling it.

9. mezzavo

Ok...I'll say it...I want to see Matt Simms start the next pre-season game. Period. I want to see GAME reps. Or...at the very least play a half...or more. Let Geno take the 1st quarter if you want...Simms the rest of the way. I want to see more. I want to see him in various situation. There are a lot of teams who need players due to injury right now and I want to know what we have before we release this guy or put him on the Practice Squad. I don't believe I'm asking too much. He's McElroy with a better arm and one less game experience. I can live with that.

10. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Mostly he sat on the bench behind Tyler Bray but they had Denarious Moore, Justin Hunter, Mychal Rivera and Da'Rick Rodgers All NFL players.

#10 Cellar-door, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

The td pass was a laser perfectly thrown, the 70 yard pass was a nice 40 yard throw on the run

12. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Simms will get his reps next week, that was always in the cards...

not impressed by beating out 3rd teamers... a good backup no more no less.

edit: if given more opportunity to play with the ones by coaches I'll entertain the idea though.

13. mezzavo

As I stated in another thread...my man, Tony. Sanchez just got his ass kicked by the same guys that Simms kicked the shit out of. Those same poor lowly third stringers that just knocked our QB of 4 years out of the game. If Simms can play behind that line how come Sanchez can't?

14. Run_N_gun10

Okay...But players do get better & improve....Especially if they really want to get better.

15. mezzavo

Also...and I have witnessed this first hand. It's rare, but there are SOME who actually are better Pro's than they were college players. It DOES happen.

At this point, as bad as our situation is, I would overturn every rock, rub every rabbits foot and call in a voodoo favor or two.

16. jetsfellow

jetsfellow New Member

Let's give props where they're due.............Simms has a cannon arm, mobile, seems to make smart reads given the limited amount of playing time he's had. Still, Sanchez fumbles a snap.......a snap!!!!! into his hands no less. Look at Simms roll out and flip the ball 45 yards on the fly for a 70 yard gain taking the Jets out of the shadow of their goalposts to within fieldgoal range. Gotta show some love for Simms!!!!

17. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Sandwedge fumbled a perfect snap

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Simms, GMac, your chance is here. Step it up!

19. Tommy Gunnz

Tommy Gunnz Member

That is a terrible comparison, McElroy & Simms couldn't be more different. Simms pedigree is not even close to McElroy. One player is a super smart, NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING QB AT ALABAMA, the other was a below average qb who played at El Camino college and couldn't even get reps at a terrible Tennessee program that hasn't been able to compete in the SEC for years now

20. Run_N_gun10

He also handles himself okay in the pocket. There was a play where Simms was pressured & he rolled right & hit the receiver, he showed good elusiveness, & wasn't rundown from behind like the other Jets QB's. I don't wanna get over-giddy, but Simms opened my eyes last week & he opened up everybodys eyes this week. Sanchez is out of the pic for a while{as we'll soon hear, funny how fate is & Geno showed he's clearly not ready}. As Mezz mentioned, Simms has a certain something, he has a silly face at times, but he performs when it's showtime. I would like to see more. I bet with 4 starts under his belt, Jets won't be worse than 2-2. He gets ball to the playmakers.