Where did all these jets fans come from ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Tight, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I happened to be mast.....I mean uh....[​IMG]

I had it recorded so i just did a screen capture and posted it.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yup..DRod gives me the rod...

3. GreenMatt14

GreenMatt14 Member

haha i went to a sports store the other day and they didnt even carry jets stuff!

4. Greenlantern88

Greenlantern88 New Member

Thought there was a different chant going, diehard since Boomer came to town buddy

5. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

T chiling out watching his favorite shows

[​IMG]

6. Boltfanbo

Boltfanbo New Member

Wait, according to the east coasters the Chargers are the ones with bandwagon fans,... :)
    Enjoy it, true die hard fans know who and what they are. Just be sure to get out of the way when they jump off the bandwagon after this week. :)

ps, I actually like the Jets, just not this week.... Anybody who can can be a thorn in the Pats and their pompous fans side for years is OK with me....

7. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

You won't admit it, but you probably don't always rock the gear either.

Either way I'm for it.

8. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

i wear that shit year round and after the most brutal gutwrenching losses as to feel justified after wearing it after a win or playoffs, etc.

9. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I never feel embarrassed supporting my favorite team.

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Ok, time for a few of us to simply take a step back and get grounded here. Its not like we've been in the penthouse for the last 4 decades of this organization's existence so lets just drop the pretense right here, right now..

We're all Jet Fans and I don't give a shit if you started rooting from the Polo Grounds days, the Shea Stadium days or the Meadowlands days. If you were around during the Walt Michaels era? Great. Suffered thru Joe Walton? I feel you. Lived thru Kotite? Who didn't. Guess what? Even thru all of that, you don't get to look down your nose on any new or recent fans. They get to love the team just like we do. They're not the enemy and if they buy the gear, they support the team. Small money adds up.

So, senority doesn't mean a damn thing when it comes to rooting for Gang Green. We all love this team. We all hate this team at some point too. It comes with the territory.

Point being this.. Embrace the new Jet Fans as much as the survivors of the 40 year wilderness. You can tell from my sig that I've been around a long assed time and seen some horrible shit. For the first time since '98, we're not only competitive, but actually relevant in January. This is not the time to become stuffy assed Giant fans. Its our time to shine and this just might be the Jets decade.

Its been a long time coming folks. Handle prosperity with class..

11. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

why would you be mad that people are supporting the jets??

on one hand people feel like the giants take front stage to the jets then people are supporting the jets and people are "offended" lol huh?

12. BigJenks

BigJenks Active Member

Awesome dude. I'm gonna try my best to use your pride and courage to overcome my fears. Thanks for being a role model. The world needs more men like you who stick with it no matter what!

13. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I have no problem if they were just hiding out for a while or new fans just as long as they don't hop off at the next stop.

The only problem I have is it is the band wagoner that isn't really into it and just wants to associate with a winner is going to be the first to jump up in an opposing fans face and say something like, "Hah did you see Thomas Greene last week, he couldn't be stopped and Mark Rodriguez is going to be the best QB ever". Then he will be the first to jump ship.

Over the last 2 years I have gone from being the only Jet fan at my local bar to now having a pretty nice size group. Most had just been hiding out and Favre brought a few others over but they stayed this year. Another bar proclaimed themselves the home of the NY Jets (before the season). I am in Buccaneer country here so it has taken some time but the Jets are starting to get a decent following here.

14. Inafalcs

Inafalcs Member

I love seeing other Jets fans. People have screamed "REVIS!" when I wear that jersey. I also have had conversation with a Jets fan in a bar this past Christmas break while down in the BVI. Bandwagoners will come and go.

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I got mad last week. I bought a Jets Jacket like before Christmas, I got to wear it to school the day after we clinched the playoffs and some asshole walks by and is like "Oh yea everyones a Jets fan now".

I was gunna say something but its not worth it.

16. FirstTimeCaller

FirstTimeCaller Active Member

Saw a dude on the Tube in London today with a Jets hat on... never seen that in my years of living here.

17. patcrain01

patcrain01 New Member

This stuff happens all the time when a team wins.

When the Red Sox won in 2004 I saw more Boston hats in Charleston SC (where I live) then I had in the previous 10 years. Same with the Patriots, it appeared that everyone was wearing a Brady jersey.

Just be glad the Jets are winning.

18. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Ditka used to wear a Jets sweater?

19. Capt. Ace Nick

I'm gonna take all my extra and old Jets gear I dont wear to the San Diego homeless shelter. Wouldn't it be great to see all the bums begging for $ outside the Chargers game in Jets gear.

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

New fans are not always bandwagoneers. Those who are not I have no problem with.

And not all bandwagoneers are equally evil.

But the ones who are the worst are a combination of people who care more about aligning themselves with a winner than they do about football. They will as a conseqeunce be uninformed as to the game itself.

Even that is not so bad as bandwagoneers who have joined a winning team's fanbase because they somehow think that rooting for a winning team gives them some superior claim, even a moral superiority. Those people are the worst.