Where Are You Kendall Haters

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JIMsection323, Aug 26, 2007.

1. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

So its not clear to you that the 0-line fell apart, or not clear to you that the jets would be playoff contenders.

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

You just gave me the biggest laugh of the day here. Playoffs? Playoffs? If only they kept Pete Kendall. OMFG I am ROTFLMFAO. This is good stuff almost signature worthy.

3. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dDjG9XlsHqQ

#63 ollie, Nov 23, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Oh I agree, I was exagerating the SB comment but there is no question the Jets are a 10 win team if only Pete Kendall was still around..

5. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

ok so maybe they wouldnt have been a super bowl contender or a playoff contender. Would they have been a better team with Kendall on the line. I think so. Would it be in mangolds and dbricks best interest to keep learning from kendall. i think so.

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

ok so now that we have established that your expectation of what Pete Kendall means to the Jets success was way out of proportion. Lets take a look at just how pointless it was to bring this thread back from the dead.

Figuring the Jets are a 3 win team this year, I can't see them winning more than one game the rest of the way. What would you expect the win total to be with Pete Kendall? 4 maybe 5 wins? For arguments sake lets say 5 wins(which I think is extremely optimistic) anyway so Kendall gets them a 5 win season. Is it really in the best interest of the FO to keep a guy that made his unhappiness public, acted like a whiny little bitch, is past his prime for the difference of a 3 win season compared to a 5 win season?

7. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

This is the worst thread I've ever seen.

To imply that the reason we're not a playoff caliber team is because we 86'd an old left guard is absurd. Kendall has no bearing on the fact that for much of the season we've been unable to stop the run and for much of the season our quarterback was clearly washed up. Now we have a second year signal caller and you expect 11-5 and the playoffs. This is a rebuilding young team.

It's always poor precedent to renegotiate contracts upward with veteran players who are obviously in decline. In the case of Kendall, it would have been ridiculous. We act as if Pete Kendall is a superstar, but in reality he was a fairly decent in decline. It would have been nonsensical for the Jets to renegotiate with him when they refused to begin discussions with several young, more talented players on their future contracts, and they knew that.

It's easy to point the finger at one event when your team is doing poorly, but to suggest that the reason a team has strung together only 2 wins is moronic. Simply put, the Cowboys were much more talented and the Jets are rebuilding. You have to be patient.

-X-

8. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

9. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

I'm here.

Good riddance. Yeah.. the first thing our team needs during its rebuilding process is a 34 year old guard who acts like a 16 year old girl. He's been on 4 different teams in the past 8 years...

10. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

I just love bringing this thread back to life, it gives me the chance to say HELLLLLLOOOOO to all the kendall haters. Do you people still believe not giving him the extra million was the right decision? The o-line has been playing like a turnstile with the exception of mangold. They got clemens killed and gave pennington about what 2 secs to get rid of the ball? Ray Lucas made a good point after the game. I believe he said we paid that bum Jmac about 2 million a year and we couldnt find an extra million to pay kendall. Great move front office!!!!!!!!!!!

11. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I think it's clear that Tannenbaum and Mangini thought that last year's 10-6 was flukish and that they probably would NOT match it this year (though i doubt they though they'd go 3-11 at this point).

The probably figured, "why pay a 34-year guard even an extra million if we're gonna suck anyway"? Trust me, if the Pats had fallen apart in free agency and the Jets were clearly right up there with the Colts, the Jets would have definitely re-negotiated with a guard in his 20's and given him a multi-million dollar deal to boot. But $1 MM for Kendall, they drew a line in the sand.

Offensive lines are like those calder mobiles that hang over a baby's nursery: you touch it over here, it trembles over there. Losing Kendall and replacing (if you can call it that) with Clark and the Invisible Men clearly disrupted the offensive line. We have a much better running back in Jones than last year but we've had fewer breakout running games this year. The pass protection has regressed, D'Brick has been average at best and only Mangold has held his own or improved.

The bloom is off Manginin-Tannenbaum.

12. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

LOL I just wanted to quote this because how/why this thread is brought back from the dead is beyond me.

13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Funny how a self described expert like you would single out the second best O-lineman today.

I got a question:

When you are out of the house, say shopping for instance, How bad is your urge to go home and fellate yourself?

14. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

You just dont get it. I wont bother trying to explain what Kendall meant to this team. Sit there and look at the record all you want. The front office fucked this one up. Just admit to it.

15. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Your a funny guy. Where exactly did i ever call myself an "expect". You know this is a forum dont you? You know people will have a difference of opinion here. ahhh fuck it i wont bother.

so i got a question also:

are you even a jets fan?

16. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

i bet the front office would love to go back and just give kendall the lousy million now? or maybe they found out about this new word...."fellate" so they are trying it out themselves. strange how this word keeps popping up in puck's posts for the last week or so?

17. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Isn't obvious, I have Miami in my name so I am a Dolphin fan.

LOL at being an expert if you think an undersized old as dirt, mediocre, whiny, lineman would have had this team even sniffing the playoffs. Please give me some of the drugs you are taking......................................

I am just trying to point out how retarded this thread is, if you think one mediocre lineman would have made an ounce of difference in the scheme of things.

18. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Why don't you follow me around some more?

It is ok I really like self-loathing POS's following me around, keep up the good work! I need someone "special" like you to keep me in line.

19. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

i'm not following you around, i just remember reading the over used word in your previous posts. if you need someone to lead you around, let it be the one who taught you the word. "special"...is that some sort of come on? sorry i'm not interested in guys. especially those with a fixation on things that go in the mouth.

on the subject of football, line cohesiveness is not something to take lightly, especially when the replacements suck. for a lousy million, our line problems would have been much less this season. our ingenious front office chose to mess it up. the million spent would have given us a better chance this season...to say other wise is ridiculous.

20. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

4th-5th round pick>Pete Kendall.