Where are the New York Jets during this pandemic?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Apr 6, 2020.

1. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

You dont know that Woody and Chris aren't a part of Johnson and Johnson, have nothing to do with the company, it was sold years and years ago?

2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I didn't know that I thought he owned the company. It has his name on it.

3. WarriorRB28

So you're okay with Kraft being a great American by sending a huuuuuge jumbo jet to China completely covered in Patriots team colors to get supplies for NY then sending a tractor trailer completely covered in Patriots team colors even managed to paint the six Lombardi trophies on it too to drive through the streets of NYC to deliver the supplies while the Jets maybe or maybe not are doing things to help but aren't looking for recognition?

That should've been the Jets or another of NY's many, many pro sports teams.

As far as I know Woody has only donated $1 million so far. Drew Brees donated $5 million to help New Orleans.

More needs to be done and please spare me the not looking for recognition stuff. A person like me will think they ain't doing jack squat to help.

4. WarriorRB28

5. LF911SC

Yeah, I dont get pissed that Kraft sent a plane to pick up supplies.
    A million dollars buys a lot more masks, plays a lot of responders, buys a load of respirators. The only difference is the visual of the plane that got you twisted. The million does a lot of good. Just say thanks. Say thanks to anyone who helps. Not everyone does. We dont know everything they do, what the Mets, Yanks, Knicks, Nets, Rangers, Islanders or Devils are doing.
    But you dont care, the visual is more important. The money doesnt matter, its all about the visual. You have your priorities backwards.

#25 LF911SC, Apr 9, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    FJF and Dierking like this.
  6. LF911SC

You said Trump mentioned Johnson & Johnson helping somehow and that's all we'll hear: Trump mentioned Johnson and Johnson helping some how (don't remember specifically how) at his news conference yesterday. That's probably about all we'll hear

Sounds like you attached the Jets owners to the company to me

7. WarriorRB28

Why do you get so defensive about it?

Of course the visual is important. Why do you think the Mayor, Governer, President are having press conferences every day? Sure they bring us the cr@ppiest news imaginable each and every day it seems but there they are.

These are public figures that NEED to be SEEN/HEARD at a time like this likewise the New York Jets & the other local pro sports teams are public figures that need to be seen/heard from at a time like this. Now I don't need to hear from them every day like the President but something would be nice.

Robert Kraft understands this he saw the local NY sports teams weren't doing much of anything so he stepped in and did something about it. Thank you very very much Robert Kraft.

The local media should be calling out the local teams.

$1 million is a lot of money but for a billionaire many times over such as Woody it's a drop in the bucket. Drew Brees donated $5 million to help out his community a player donating that while a billionaire donates $1 million (in a much larger city) something isn't right there.

8. LF911SC

I'm not being defensive
    Im being realistic. Krafts helping people and youre worried that he'll look good doing good and want to make sure the Jets etc look better.

And without knowing what teams or individuals for that matter are doing we should assume they're not doing anything? Because why exactly? What are the other NFL teams doing, do you have a master list, I haven't heard about any other teams and I'd bet more than a few are doing good here.

9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Their production is hidden

donkey, FJF and Jedi mind tricks like this.
  10. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Touche

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

And don’t get him started on the haircuts

12. WarriorRB28

Do you work for the Jets PR department? Why do you defend the indefensible?

Looking good? Jets look better? What are you talking about? Bob Kraft is a great American in a position to help he did what he could. He didn't have to.

Being that NY is now ground zero for Coronavirus not only in the USA possibly the planet the Jets as well as the other local teams coud do more a lot more.

Yes because we would've heard something. Or am I supposed to imagine the Jets putting together a great humanitarian effort behind the scenes like I imagine seeing them play in a Super Bowl? And why do it behind the scenes? Nonsense.

PFT reports on teams, players helping out doing what they can. I saw what Kraft did on Fox News.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/?s=meals

Not my teams I don't follow what they do. If they're not helping out their community enough they should be called out on it too.

13. LF911SC

Can you just stop already.

That you actually believe donating million dollars comes up so short compared to allowing your plane to be used tells exactly where your head at.

You sound like a jealous school girl.

No one anywhere other than you gives a shit about dollars compared to a free flight.

Sorry youve missed the good they've done and your Patriots envy got in the way

https://www.northjersey.com/story/s...l-organizations-fighting-covid-19/2896000001/

Doesnt take someone on the PR department to explain to people how much good $1 million can do.
    Granted it wasnt as generous as lending a plane that was just sitting there unused. We should all be ashamed. Is there anything you dont whine about?

Worry about football, not what you think looks good on the periphery. Only you care. Its about what people do, not who does more or less, who contacts Fox News to brag about Krafts plane.

Question does it make up for tug jobs, cheating, tampering, showing up with a young toy while his dead wifes body mis still warm? :(

#33 LF911SC, Apr 10, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  14. WarriorRB28

You better believe it does. Mark Cannizaro summed it up perfectly:

https://nypost.com/2020/04/02/patri...medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

15. WarriorRB28

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It was a nice thing for Kraft to do. But don't think for a second that he didn't have his PR department all over the creation of the visuals of Patriots plane flying in on a rescue mission to save New York.

Ralebird and FJF like this.
  17. LF911SC

Shit dude, what is your issue here. WTF does the fact that Kraft has done something good here have to do with anything other than some weird issue youre having?
    Its also been reported the good the Jets have done. They donated a lot of money.
    And others are doing work to help those who need help.
    Who f'n cares, as long as they've done something. Only you rank who did the most and is arguing incessantly over appearances.
    Fine, a plane and masks gets PR and cash gets much less. Again, who cares. And why?

Heres what I dont get. You think it looks bad somehow for the Jets and all the NY teams that the Krafts did a good thing and got credit. And? I dont care, no one else seems to care. But youre going to bludgeon us with this until what we all change our minds and agree?

Go outside and volunteer or donate yourself.

#37 LF911SC, Apr 11, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  18. WarriorRB28

Where? Show me.

Other than billionaire Woody's drop in the bucket $1 million donation at the very beginning of all this I haven't seen or heard anything about the Jets helping out.

This morning on Fox news they showed NY Giants helping out.

More people have died from this in the USA than anywhere else in the world more than Italy and ground zero for it in the USA is take a wild guess.

Why do you get so defensive about me saying the Jets and the other local teams could/should be doing more?

As for volunteering I can't stay home stay safe remember? I saw a video of the police violently taking a man off a bus his crime? Not wearing a mask. They're using drones now too.

As for donating I haven't worked in almost a month. I've been furloughed for almost two weeks now I wish I could more. Right now I'm waiting for that stimulus check and unemployment to kick in.

Charities must be suffering right now.

That's why those in a position to help the most have a responsibility to do so. The billionaire owners, millionaire players and yes I'm aware most players don't have it that good, Where's Kirk Cousins? My goodness how much money has he made? I haven't heard a peep about him helping out.

19. WarriorRB28

20. LF911SC

Youre just going to continue trying to sell your envy story aren't you?
    Youre going to sell the story that loaning a plane is a bigger donation than a million dollar donation.

Good for you, one more time, I dont care. People do what they want to do, they've both helped. One with the use of the teams plane and the other with the million dollars. One got coverage because its a more visual one, masks over cash.

I dont think many if any are concerned about the level of assistance gap youve imagined.