Where are the goddamn fans ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by no psls, Oct 13, 2014.

1. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Where's my god damn team? Because this isn't good enough.

2. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Shit... last year i went to the patriots game and saints game and that shit was ROCKINNNNN!!! There's a lot of other fans there too but jets fans were live and direct and had a minor 12th man effect on the game (esp. Saints). I also went to the dolphins game last year and i didn't even recognize the place...SOOOO many dolphins fans. It was dull. Jets fans were quiet or leaving. Dolphins fans took over. I guess we just go with the flow at the met life lol.

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I was at the game as well. Section 339. Lots of Bronco fans. Some wore their colors and some didn't. I felt like I was at an away game.

This will happen though.

Not only because of pricing etc, but also because it is New York. 25-30 million people live within an hour or 2 distance. People will flock to Jet games when their team comes here. I bet Giants have a similar problem.

4. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

And they've had some horrible high draft picks in the last few years like Claiborne. They lucked out on Murray in the 3rd round, he's turning out to be a steal finally. They have been the height of mediocrity in the NFL coming into this 2014 season. Their record was literally .500 over going back to 1998 so they have been the standard for mediocre coming into this season. I'll be interested to see what happens with the fans down there.

I do agree with you that in the NY market it is very difficult to boycott because of the sheer demand for entertainment and the amount of corporate wallets involved.

However I would still love to see the reaction from the media if the stadium was half filled the rest of this year.

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The guy just sold his apartment for 80 million dollars and 25 grand is gonna make him flinch?

6. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

It amazes me that we have 1 single person show up....let alone 50 or 60 or 70,ooo.............you'd have to be brain dead with moments of life riddled with AIDS and down Syndrome to actually go to a Jet game. For what fucking purpose?

I spent most of the day trying to suck my own dick yesterday. And although I failed miserably, it was wayyyyy better than fighting the bullshit traffic, paying for parking and tix blah blah and the rest of the disaster.
    I have friends on this board and in real life who have season tix and lets face it, if you have season tickets, you're retarded.

slimjasi, RochesterJet and legler82 like this.
  7. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

I remember going to a Jets/Browns game in December of 07. The Jets were like 3-10 at the time and that was the most empty Ive ever seen the old stadium. But it was still about 70 percent full.

As for the Cowboys I think their fans are very entitled. Like Yankees and Lakers fans. Because they are a storied franchise they have the mindset that they can never go through a rebuild or have a losing season without drastic changes. I never understood the Romo hate. Everytime he's had a decent oline (2007 and this year) he's done very well. And so has the team. Their defense is surprising me this year more than anything. Especially without Lee.

Even still, if the Jets fans were ever able to not use their tix and the stadium was half full for a home game chances are the media and the players would blast us. Everyone is baby these days. They need to be loved or they pout.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I was in that old Stadium when it was about 70% empty, in the 90s when we stunk and it was late in the year not many folks showed up and the ones that did usually rooted for the other team.

9. irishwhip03

I figure the Kotite era had a bunch of empty seats. Fortunately Im too young to remember those years.

10. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

25,000 fans and we need Woody to hire an architect for the whole franchise. Lord help us all.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It was Coslet, Carroll, Kotite. tough times. nothing worse than being in that old Stadium freezing to watch a meaningless game.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I used to criticize Jets fans but not this season. They are a TERRIBLE product. Why would any sane person pay to see that? After walking out of the Lions game, I said I won't be back for awhile. Probably not until 2015, unless they continue to field this poor team, then longer. They are not even exciting to watch in defeat. Just 3 hours of boring, painful, awful football. Don't blame the fans right now. If a team wins, the fans come and cheer. It is not rocket science.

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Some of it has to do with the stubhub market. Years ago you couldn't just go online and buy NFL tickets for cheap to. Now you can, so now season ticket holders are more inclined to resell their tickets because they can do it from their house.

This isn't happening just here, in Dallas there were 49ers and Texans fans. When the Bears played San Fran there were many Bears fans. Its just how it is now IMO.

14. no psls

no psls Banned

Guess what ? You're not a Jet fan !!!! Just a whining moron !!

15. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

It's not 25 grand it's 25 thousand seats that average over a $100 per. That's a quarter of a million dollars before the lost concession/parking revenue.

16. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Because he refuses to waste money on a terrible product he is not a Jets fan? If fans didn't whine and complain, what incentive is there for ownership to improve the team?

17. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

This guy.

18. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

The worst is the Giants fans who are showing up, rooting adamantly for the opposing team, and getting Jets fans kicked out because we're sick of the shit. There were a bunch of Giants fans sitting in the other section, starting fights, and I see Jets fans being kicked out, meanwhile the Giants fans sit and root for the Broncos. Pathetic.

Not to mention getting reprimanded for using the word "fuck" at a football game. I was close to getting the boot yesterday and honestly, I might just let them next time and speak my mind. Security guards were trying to stifle any Jets fan that got out of their seat yesterday. We have Woody's goon squad walking around patrolling making sure none of the Jets fans get too passionate.

no psls and 74 like this.
  19. kaboom

kaboom Member

So you as a non season ticket holder can whine like a baby and indicate that you will essentially do the same thing -- go to fewer games. But me as someone who shells out $6K per year (+ PSL) can't make the choice to forego 5 hours round trip from Hartford and sell via the Ticket Exchange (presumably to Bronco fans and at a nice markup) my 4 seats . No, I should go there and worst of all, make fake NOISE, act like I'm excited at watching one of the 3 or 4 worst assemblages of talent in the NFL, who by the way also made a "choice" to not go all in and underspent the payrollby $21M. There is plenty of noise when the team is good even at the new stadium.

Go root for the Giants , we don't need you in our fan base anyway.

20. irishwhip03

Awwww is it like that?..dont get mad at me cause you make bad financial decisions and waste your money. Even if the Jets were good it would still be a waste.

I was a season ticket holder from 2001-2006. And I went to nearly every game. And I made noise. Did I sell some of my tix in 03 and 05 when we out of it? You bet I did. Would I have bought a PSL if I had the option to? HELLLLLLLL NO!

No one tells you morons that bought PSL's that you cant go to games. You could even buy season tickets on Stubhub if you wanted to. But you goofs spent all that money in fear of losing your seat like where you sit in the stadium matters.

PSL holders are as moronic as the Green Bay Packer shareholders that actually think they own part of the team because they have a piece of paper that tells them they do.

But hey I guess it makes you a better fan than I am..good for you.

Over & Out likes this.