Where are all our Packer poster friends?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetcane, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

I've always liked Rodgers. He's talented, and a true team guy. He says all the right things, and does all the right things. Green Bay is lucky to have him.

His only fault is that he isn't Brett Favre, and you can hardly hold that against him.

2. TeriB

TeriB New Member

You've always like him where . . . on the bench? Granted, I don't watch college football, but it seems to me people are glorifying this guy beyond anything he's actually earned. He's the Paris Hilton of the NFL - famous for doing nothing.

Oh, and let's not forget when he said THIS right thing to SI: Rodgers replies “I don’t feel I need to sell myself to the fans. They need to get on board now or keep their mouths shut.”

#42 TeriB, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  3. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

I like him based on the way he's handled himself throughout this whole ordeal. I also like his college career, but that isn't usually indicative of how a player will turn out as a pro. The only strike against his in college is that he was coached by Jeff Tedford, but someone has to break that curse.

Anyway, I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt from Packers fans. Until he proves otherwise, you guys and gals should be supportive of him. Just one mans opinion...

4. ElleBlue

ElleBlue New Member

> : )
    heh heh!
    I don't see any "evil face" smileys.

By the way, is there an easy way to quote or do we have to do it manually. I'm typing html code the old fashioned way right now.

5. TeriB

TeriB New Member

I think Packers fans should do as Packers fans see fit - and based on his quote to SI (above), all his fabulous "handling" of himself is just that, learning to say what "handlers" tell him.

Look, I've got nothing against the guy. None of any of this is his fault, but I'm sick to death of him being built up for no reason. He should rise or fall based on WINS not overblown, misplaced sympathy.

6. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

You can borrow this one.

[​IMG]

or this one

[​IMG]

7. ElleBlue

ElleBlue New Member

Did you go to the game? I saw it on TV. It brought a tear to my eye to see a few people in the stands wearing Favre Jerseys. Some people had signs saying "Favre, where are you?" and there was one sign that said something about bringing back Brett.

8. TeriB

TeriB New Member

There is a quote button, but I don't think you can use it till you've gotten so many posts.

9. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

I wouldn't say he looked "good", but considering everything he looked ok. I mean, the int wasn't his fault - but the two deep balls were badly thrown. The one that was complete was underthrown and Martin made a nice adjustment. The other deep ball - sorry but there is no excuse to not complete that ball. It litterally was like playing catch, thats how open he was.

And, the TD pass was more or less a GREAT play by the WR. The ball was thrown high and away from the WR... ande if jones didn't get that extension to make the catch, it could of easily been picked.

On the bright side, he did look much better then most anticpated, and it did appear the talent around him is just too good for him to play completely horrible this season.

10. TeriB

TeriB New Member

THANK YOU! Now that's a fair assessment. You'd think that one completion, which was a better catch than throw, was a vision of perfection the way people are going on about it.

I realize that Jets fans are generous and don't want to give Rodgers a hard time here, but frankly, I think he's had WAY to easy of a time, and I've got no problems with the truth - no one should.

11. ElleBlue

ElleBlue New Member

12. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

13. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The score of a preseason game doesn't matter. I thought Rodgers played pretty well once he settled in and stopped holding the ball for too long.

14. TeriB

TeriB New Member

You have to have 50 posts to post images of any kind. :(

15. TeriB

TeriB New Member

No it doesn't count, but I'm not sure I'd go on as much as they are in the press about what a great success he had last night. Everything about his brief performance was problematic, and THEY LOST. That's all I'm saying. It's getting on my nerves how much this guy has been irrationally glorified.

16. Ray

Ray New Member

I'm a Packer fan, as such I want AR to do well. But I need more than TT and MM saying how good he is, practise is not Sunday. He needs to step up and win with a team that was 13-3 last year, no excuses. He has been in the league 3 years, he knows the system, he knows the receivers, no reason he can't produce.

He looked ok last night, I thought, but too many times have seen him with deer in the headlights look, and happy feet. No one knows either, if he can stay on the field.

He has a tough job, following #4, I hope he is up to the challenge.

17. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Well, then keep posting!

I remember i had to put up a lot of posts in a short period of time before i could post my first TC report here.

I started this thread last night as a pre-season game thread, since a lot of posts can be written during a game.

18. TeriB

TeriB New Member

Lol, you just wait till I whip out my emoticons! I can barely express myself without them. I need TEN MORE POSTS!:up:

19. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

I am waiting with bated breath to see you whip out your emoticons.

:rofl:

#59 Jetcane, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  20. TeriB

TeriB New Member

I need . . .