When Vick beats out geno dont be surprised.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by champmv7, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

A Vickhead?

themorey likes this.
  2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

this forum is officially unreadable in the offseason. As Br4d might say, "thats just what it is."

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Lol.

_

4. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Vycophant.

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Wow this is beyond laughable,Vick is just an insurance policy .If we weren't gonna give Geno the job we would have drafted Johnny Football ,case closed Genos the starter week 1.

DMSMaven likes this.
  6. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I am just glad Sansuck is gone.

7. JetsFanatic

JetsFanatic Active Member

What a huge upgrade from two years ago when it was Sanchez/Tebow.

Certainly we will see how this QB situation plays out during Training Camp. I think strong arguments can be made for either Vick or Smith to start.

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

In before the thread close!!!

Weeeeeeeeeeee

9. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

The sad fact is neither Vick or Smith would even be in the hunt for the starting job on any other team in the NFL. Not a single one. Vick can't stay healthy and is only good in a specify offense. Plus he is not the most intelligent guy, then neither is Smith. Smith got one of those dumbed down fake degrees majoring in English and took crap classes that won't get him a job in a shitty companies mail room. Only the Jets.

Smith was rated #40 out of 40 starting QBs last year and only the Jets would make him the starter without a QB competition. Just compare Smith to other 1st year QBs like Mike Glennon who was rated 21st in the NLF or EJ Manuel rated 29th or even McGlion rated 32 with a QB rating of 76.1 compared to Smith with a rating of 66.5 (40th). Don't even try to say any of them where on better teams, that's just BS.

I hate Vick, but will agree he is far better even at his age than Smith will ever be. I just hope that after Smith sucks this year we will give up on a second round bust and jet a Franchise QB. Even JN agrees Vick should be the starter, and I rarely agree with him.

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

It's an Eagles fan, no worries. It ain't like he's no longer rooting for the Eagles. He'll just tune in to see Vick, much like I will tune into the Eagles if Sanchez starts, or to whichever team Holmes ends up on. You'll probably catch me watching more Pats games this year because of you know who. Tebots were far worse, as many of them jumped teams completely over one player. It's nice to read a perspective on Vick from an Eagles fan and for the most part he's right. Vick is more qualified for the job by far. But then again, you don't want to just shit on Geno if he's making significant improvement. It's a tough line to draw.

#30 Barcs, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm really glad we've got Vick. If Geno doesn't play well then Vick will start for us and we've still got a chance at a plus season.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You realize Vick did win the starting job in Philly last year right? I realize I probably should have just left this bullshit alone but some of your posts are too stupid not to respond to. I guess that's your game.

MoWilkNYJ likes this.
  13. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

This guy Mike Vick dun signed up on The Gang Green.. Can I get a jersey bro?

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I just hope Smith or Vick can play well. Doesn't matter who it is. If both play poorly (my worry), then the Jets won't win. If one shows up and plays well: the Jets will be a playoff team.

15. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

This is a fallacious analogy if I ever saw one. How does off-the-field intelligence have anything to do with on-the-field skill or even football IQ? I couldn't care less if any Qb could get a top corporate job based on their college degrees.

If you want to talk intelligence, at the very least you should look at the Wonderlic (which won't tell you much, but still...): Vick got a 20 and Geno got a 24. Though the test is out of 50, plenty successful Qbs have scored <20, including Dan Marino (15), Jim Kelly (15), and Terry Bradshaw (15). And, by the way, both Russell Wilson and RG3 also scored the same score as Geno, 24.

^ Regardless, all of that is virtually meaningless. If you want to demean Vick or claim that Geno is a bust, you're gonna have to make some better claims.

16. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I wont be.

17. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Geno looked better in his first year than mark did in his last two. I'd be happy with either of them starting, but prefer Vick to start the season.

18. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Oh fuck! It must be true, his source said so guys. Shit. Just go ahead and cancel the rest of the preseason. Congratulation on starting week one Vick.

19. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Going off last season alone nobody can say with any sort credibility Smith was good. What we are counting on as Jets fans is that Smith takes a huge leap forward from being the worst QB in the NFL.

Vick you know what you have there is zero mystery. We know he can play well in Marty's system we know he fumbles a lot and we know he is injury prone. With all of that said he was better than Geno last season.

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Smith was good during certain spans. It's not just black and white. He did improve quite a bit throughout the year, however. He had game winning drives, he had very good games (one with a higher QB rating than Sanchez has ever gotten), he had very bad games. He wasn't consistent, but it was obvious his fundamentals improved later in the year, and he looked much more comfortable out there.