When/If the Bills draft Geno Smith, will you be scared?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BuffaloPhysco, Mar 30, 2013.

1. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

2. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

There will be no playoff guarantees from me this year (at least not till preseason) now with this Kolb signing. I am back on the draft Tyler Wilson in the 2nd if he falls to us plan again. No way we are going after Geno now.

The good news out of all this crap is that Geno may now fall into your laps with the 9th pick. Or you can pickup Tavaris Jackson when we eventually cut him :up:

3. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Ok, we'll you got a QB in the first, how do you feel now?

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Rex Ryan will have a field day with EJ Manuel. At least the Bills are still the Bills

5. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Bittersweet? Wouldn't have been my first QB choice but it was their choice and since he was the first one taken off the board the FO can't make any excuses. If that was their plan all along then kudos to them because we got an extra 2nd out of it. Doubt he'll start week 1 though.

Now if we can get Justin Hunter, best available TE/SS/or OL, with Shamarko Thomas or Darick Rogers in the 3rd I'll be pumped!!

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Manuel is a high risk/high reward type player.

I think he will do pretty well for Buffalo if they string him along. I wouldn't start him right away - he has a tendancy for turnovers and can get confused with coverages/blitzes. (mark sanchez-like in that regard). If I were them I'd start the season with Kolb and let the kid develop.

I love his size and athletic ability. I think his ceiling is a cross between Big Ben and Randall Cunningham. Having said that, something is missing right now with his ability to process the speed of the game. If they aren't patient with him or start him right away I think he will get battered around and could become a turnover machine. Be patient with him or he will bust.

It was a good pick for them, my only critique is that they could've had Warmack or an impact defensive player at the 8 and still got him possibly with their second or traded back up late into the first and got him. Warmack/Manuel is a much better first 2 day haul than Manuel/2 second rounders IMO

7. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

EJ Manuel future hall of famer. Waiting for the thread.

8. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

I agree with everything you said. Big Ben is a good comparision minus Ben being a douche and at a time hated by his teammates. EJ has a strong moral character from what I been reading and I atleast know he will work hard http://www.yardbarker.com/all_sports/articles/ej_manuel_credits_success_to_faith_father/13090732

I think Marrone was swinging for the fences from the get go, it's his first year so why not. Their is no guarantee we could have found a trade partner to leap back into the first. Add that with reports that Philly and Cleveland were very high on him, he most likely wouldn't have been around for the 41rst pick.

Drafting Warmack to replace Levitre would have just been spinning our own wheels again.

9. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

^it sucks your team can afford a message board. It's great having you around though :up:

10. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Good to know! :p

11. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

I take back everything I said about this future bust!!

12. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Lol, good to see your in preseason form, that's when you do your best work. :lol:

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Can't wait to hear BuffaloPsycho to talk-down Geno Smith's potential now that he is a Jet and not a Bill. Should be fun let's go.

14. BuffaloStampede12

At least the Bills are still the Bills? I know you don't want to go there because talking about your franchise makes me laugh.

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^So what brings you here then?

16. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Its funny when Bills fans try to talk crap to any Jets fans. What have they done since 1994? Man they suck. At least the Jets have played meaningful football in January every once in a while.

17. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

The topic is laughable now lol ...

As far as the defensive line goes, I don't think the Bills even have the best one in the division!

How about this ...

Randy Starks
    Paul Soliai
    Cameron Wake
    Jared Odrick
    Olivier Vernon

now Dion Jordan

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Seems like the entire division has the same mission: kill Brady. Someday we will succeed.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's just so nice to see a Bill fan with such positive things to say about Geno and the Jets.

20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I'd be terrified if the Bills got Geno