What's your idea of "FAIR" compensation for Rodgers?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soh_vet, Mar 15, 2023.

1. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I think a trade back is very likely at this point, but I'd be surprised if we included any non-conditional 1st round pick for Rodgers.

2. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

First of all, I don't care what QB it is. No 39 year old QB is worth a 1st rounder. NONE. Maybe with accelerator clauses you could secure ONE 1st round draft choice but ANY QB that is probably only going to play a maximum of two more seasons is NOT worth a 1st rounder.

That, at the very least needs to be heeded and understood before you even start trade negotiations.

With that said, I think a 2nd and a 3rd is a very fair price for AR. Two 1st rounders makes the Packers look like greedy jerk offs. You don't get that for 39 yo QB's and there's no precedent whatsoever that points to that.....

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

While this sounds reasonable, and JD might've considered it at one point, if it's true that GB has been dragging their heels trying to get more compensation after they agreed to an initial framework, I don't see Douglas giving up any 1sts now, unless it's in the form of a conditional 2024 if the Jets get to or win the SB.

BrooklynJetsFan and KY Jets Fan like this.
  4. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

I hope he digs in. But ticket pre-sales and Rodgers in that Jets green has Woody pissing himself.

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes he likely is, but hopefully he trusts Douglas and keeps a supply of Depends nearby.